Larry Fedora: A Closer Look

Advertisement
This is a **** of a breakdown from s great poster.

Rumor has it his post breaking down why Manny should get the job was seen by decision makers in the Hecht.

Fedookie's offenses at UNC ranking over the last 5 yr. Let this sink in with the exception of 1 year, Miami's offense under Coach Richt and under Al Golden where better than Fedookie's by a wide margin.

Data taken from NCAA site
http://stats.ncaa.org/rankings/change_sport_year_div

2018 77th scoring offense (UM was 67th)
2017 83rd scoring offense ( UM was 60th)
2016 44th scoring offense ( UM was 37th)
2015 9th scoring offense (UM was 77th)
2014 36th scoring offense ( UM was 59th)
Ouch!

Advertisement
Wouldn’t surprise me if WV went after Fedora now that Horgelsen bailed. Or will they go back to Rich Rod?

Fedookie's offenses at UNC ranking over the last 5 yr. Let this sink in with the exception of 1 year, Miami's offense under Coach Richt and under Al Golden where better than Fedookie's by a wide margin.

Miami has had significantly better talent every year on that list except for 1: 2015. When fedora had quality talent in 2015 with switzer, marquise Williams, trubitzky, and Elijah hood he beat the breaks off every team in the ACC. After rewatching the highlights from the 2015 ACC championship it’s clear they had the offense to beat 2015 national championship caliber Clemson and their defense came up short. This season he had hot garbage for players and still only finished 10 places behind Miami. That says something. The dude can flat out call plays and when given talent, can produce championship level offenses.

This is a **** of a breakdown from s great poster.

Rumor has it his post breaking down why Manny should get the job was seen by decision makers in the Hecht.

1546348893036.gif

Advertisement
You mean except for 2 years, right. So, UM averaged 60th and UNC averaged 50th. Your post loses its effect when you get the numbers right.

Your ignoring the fact taken as whole UM had better offenses. There are better choices out there that did more with less. For instance the Gary Pinkel / Mike Leach disciple who had the #3 offense in the country utilizing mostly 2* kids. Or when he was at Mizzou lit the SEC on fire and placed 3 QB'S in the NFL.. David Yost is a way better OC than Fedookie.

Go Canes

Your ignoring the fact taken as whole UM had better offenses. There are better choices out there that did more with less. For instance the Gary Pinkel / Mike Leach disciple who had the #3 offense in the country utilizing mostly 2* kids. Or when he was at Mizzou lit the SEC on fire and placed 3 QB'S in the NFL.. David Yost is a way better OC than Fedookie.

Go Canes

Zero chance Diaz would hire Yost.

Not his type of guy.

I’m trying not to get too excited until it’s official. Great post!

Advertisement

Fedora didn't call plays at unc.

Advertisement
Dear WhatTheHell;
Excellent piece. You have provided an in-depth analysis of Fedora. I would recommend you any day over the Herald hacks. Well done and Thank you!!

***** the Herald. WTH needs to be pitching our recruits. That was **** of a sales pitch. I don’t even like uptempo and I’m in for Fredo.

How can we look up UNC's position coaches under Fedora? That should help us figure out who he might be interested in bringing along for the ride should Manny go this route....

I am on the fence about the hire. I think he we can do better but I can understand that ppl like the idea of it

Advertisement
Back