Lane Kiffin with a little levity and hard truth

Advertisement
How long before schools start shutting down there programs? It's not sustainable. I get 5-10 years before programs as start shutting down.

Or a Minor league with the SEC, a few Texas teams and OSU splinter off into their. Everybody else goes back to playing college ball with reasonable NIL deals for the Natty. There is strength in number, All the other school to have to say we as are not playing that game. Exclude those 16-18 teams out NCAA. Have them form their own minor football league.

They would have their own trophy for their minor league.

Although I agree with you, the fact is the NCAA is no long in control. Its the conferences, more to the point the SEC. They are the ones that have to setup rules for their members around NIL deals, and at this point they don't seem to have an apatite nor care to lift a finger. For the SEC it only means they own college football and the more super teams they can grow, the more the "National Championship" will simply be a SEC playoff. To me the interesting part is how long will the TV public keep tuning into a all SEC or SEC dominated National Championship series. TV money goes away and the TV contracts start to dry up then schools will start to take notice. Right now its monopoly money for UGA, UT, TAMU, UA with big boosters pouring money into the programs. When will it end, who knows. But Program cost have to hit a wall eventually. Coaches are making 10m now and NIL player deals of 25m. Whats next 30mill for head coach, another 20m for assistances, 75 mil for program cost (outside of on field coaches and NIL), and 60 mil for NIL? Somewhere along the lines it will hit a wall. Money is not endless
This is CF's Gilded Age. If/when these bubbles pop, tax payers are gonna have a harder time footing these bills while having more and more debt by the year.

Advertisement
How long before schools start shutting down there programs? It's not sustainable. I get 5-10 years before programs as start shutting down.

Or a Minor league with the SEC, a few Texas teams and OSU splinter off into their. Everybody else goes back to playing college ball with reasonable NIL deals for the Natty. There is strength in number, All the other school to have to say we as are not playing that game. Exclude those 16-18 teams out NCAA. Have them form their own minor football league.

This is a very real possibility.

That the other P4 conferences and some of the G4 conferences (assuming they get what they want with playoff representation)

Break away from the SEC if they refuse to set guidelines.

Lane was easily one of the biggest bidders this off-season. He’s crying poor, when his cup is overflowing. He’s a funny one that guy. If you’re going to bet on any teams in the the SEC this coming season against the spread, bet on his, miss state and Arkansan. They all threw cash around like quarters.

The good news for us and a lot of teams in college football that weren’t good at cheating, is this levels the playing field. The Alabamas, Georgias, Ohio States of the world dominated because their cheat game was better than everyone else’s. Those days end now. They’ll still get theirs, but if Jackson State is any indication, the field is as level as it’s ever going to be. Time to watch the Canes kick *** again! 💰 🙌💰 **** I know a guy that once tried to help a program. He could pull one maybe two kids each year. Those days have passed. This season, he’s sitting back and enjoying the show. It’s great to be a Miami Hurricane

Advertisement
We'll see less parody? We've seen the same four or five teams play for the NC for the last 10 years. The teams on top will continue to do the things they're doing and there's nothing we can do about it.

aTm decided to bleep the entire thing up and CFB as we remember it is becoming more and more a pro league. There needs to be rules and regulations but it's way too late. The NCAA isn't going to touch or adjust anything once the government got involved.

Football is the revenue maker. Shut down football then you have to shut down Jimmy’s archery team. Meaning it won’t happen. Schools will play for Mayo baths (literally) and that ESPN check after a bowl win before shutting down a Program. What’s going on has always been understood..it’s just in the open now

Fck these coaches! Don't start complaining about how much players are getting. Coaches have been making millions for YEARS. Paying players is well over do!
There is no cap for coaches salaries. Until there is, there should be no cap on how much the players can make.

Advertisement
They did this decades ago. The entire air raid offense is based on not getting the “5 star” guys.
Somewhat true, but the game has really changed now. I'm talking about the actual allocation of funds to certain positions/players based on statistical analysis,

Advertisement
Jimbo with his best Nathan Thurm

snl-nathan-thurm.gif

Darwinism, shrink it down to a power 5 of 80 total teams. The rest go ****kkkkkk

in response to kiffin it seems

Between the glasses and the shaking and how he is b1tching about it. He reminds me exactly of the the woman librarian getting mad at the kids for talking to loud in the library. He also, is angrier about this than he was when he found he was a cvck.

Advertisement
Back