Lane Kiffin with a little levity and hard truth

what is A&M's long plan? finish unranked every year, dish out 25 million for current signees and then don't give current players anything and watch the roster transfer out every two years?
Jimbo is a better coach than kirby and Kirby was basically able to buy an NC. He has more money than Kirby too. They have enough money to continue paying the good players and let the ones that didn't pan out transfer out.

Advertisement
It can if you’re willing to pay top dollar...

Miami is allegedly supposed to be ready to pay top dollar for recruits.

Odds are that’s unlikely, but I might be dumb, so maybe I’ll buy a bridge to nowhere if the sales pitch is good enough.
Our fraudster isn’t competing w oil money or Tito’s ducking vodka donating 20 mill to Texas haha

Ppl don’t listen man. Lol. I tried to warn ppl when the news broke out. I wasn’t guessing, I talked to ppl in the know about this. Basically it was said once the NCAA got defeated by the Supreme Court, they were scared af to even touch it. So basically CFB was going to become MLB where The Yankees, Mets, and Dodgers can sign whoever they want, and then there’s the rest.

I said in one of the threads, everything needs checks & balances. Yeah kids need to get paid, but the purpose of the NIL is not what we’re seeing today. Ed O sued b/c it dawned on him that EA Sports NCAA Basketball had his image on their cover & he received nothing. UCLA was selling his jerseys, signed memorabilia, & he made nothing. The NCAA tourney would have posters hanging in the rafters of past MOPs for the tourney & he received nothing. That’s why he sued. That’s the purpose, not this Wild, Wild West chit where boosters can openly pay outlandishly for players.

Just like there’s rules & regulations around NFL FA, coaching moves, & salaries, there needs to be rules & regulations around Coaching Moves, The Portal, & NIL. I stand by that, or we’ll see less & less perceived parity, & more roster turnover every year.
Although I agree with you, the fact is the NCAA is no long in control. Its the conferences, more to the point the SEC. They are the ones that have to setup rules for their members around NIL deals, and at this point they don't seem to have an apatite nor care to lift a finger. For the SEC it only means they own college football and the more super teams they can grow, the more the "National Championship" will simply be a SEC playoff. To me the interesting part is how long will the TV public keep tuning into a all SEC or SEC dominated National Championship series. TV money goes away and the TV contracts start to dry up then schools will start to take notice. Right now its monopoly money for UGA, UT, TAMU, UA with big boosters pouring money into the programs. When will it end, who knows. But Program cost have to hit a wall eventually. Coaches are making 10m now and NIL player deals of 25m. Whats next 30mill for head coach, another 20m for assistances, 75 mil for program cost (outside of on field coaches and NIL), and 60 mil for NIL? Somewhere along the lines it will hit a wall. Money is not endless

Ppl don’t listen man. Lol. I tried to warn ppl when the news broke out. I wasn’t guessing, I talked to ppl in the know about this. Basically it was said once the NCAA got defeated by the Supreme Court, they were scared af to even touch it. So basically CFB was going to become MLB where The Yankees, Mets, and Dodgers can sign whoever they want, and then there’s the rest.

I said in one of the threads, everything needs checks & balances. Yeah kids need to get paid, but the purpose of the NIL is not what we’re seeing today. Ed O sued b/c it dawned on him that EA Sports NCAA Basketball had his image on their cover & he received nothing. UCLA was selling his jerseys, signed memorabilia, & he made nothing. The NCAA tourney would have posters hanging in the rafters of past MOPs for the tourney & he received nothing. That’s why he sued. That’s the purpose, not this Wild, Wild West chit where boosters can openly pay outlandishly for players.

Just like there’s rules & regulations around NFL FA, coaching moves, & salaries, there needs to be rules & regulations around Coaching Moves, The Portal, & NIL. I stand by that, or we’ll see less & less perceived parity, & more roster turnover every year.

Truth.

I was fighting the good fight as well with you saying how the bigs would dominate recruiting as they have the most money.

Good for the recruits if they're wise with their money, but it's muddied up the game and depending how it goes, I may be out in a few years.

Advertisement
Our fraudster isn’t competing w oil money ...
****, can't we even pretend to be ridin' high for just a little while?

The Sky Is Falling Reaction GIF

Although I agree with you, the fact is the NCAA is no long in control. Its the conferences, more to the point the SEC. They are the ones that have to setup rules for their members around NIL deals, and at this point they don't seem to have an apatite nor care to lift a finger. For the SEC it only means they own college football and the more super teams they can grow, the more the "National Championship" will simply be a SEC playoff. To me the interesting part is how long will the TV public keep tuning into a all SEC or SEC dominated National Championship series. TV money goes away and the TV contracts start to dry up then schools will start to take notice. Right now its monopoly money for UGA, UT, TAMU, UA with big boosters pouring money into the programs. When will it end, who knows. But Program cost have to hit a wall eventually. Coaches are making 10m now and NIL player deals of 25m. Whats next 30mill for head coach, another 20m for assistances, 75 mil for program cost (outside of on field coaches and NIL), and 60 mil for NIL? Somewhere along the lines it will hit a wall. Money is not endless

Here’s the thing boss; in sports, there’s villains & heroes. The $EC has been a villain for a long time, yet TV viewership have gone up. No different than when LAL & Boston dominated the NBA Finals in the 80’s or MJ dominating the NBA in the 90’s. Ppl tune in to either see u get beat, or admiration.

The problem is if these conferences are going to be members of the NCAA, then set guidelines need to be made that’s fair & equitable to all parties involved. I had an interesting convo w/ one of my clients who works for Fox Sports. He told me to tune in to Cowherd & notice his theory about CFB coaches & these salaries. To paraphrase or give gist, Cowherd basically said paying a Harbaugh, a Saban, or a Riley an 8 figure salary is a bargain based upon what they do in revenue for their schools & ultimately their conference. He went on to say that only one team wins a Nat’l championship & u hope it’s urs, but what’s even more important is being relevant & competitive, b/c that’s what sell season tickets, merchandise, endorsement deals, TV deals, etc.

So these HC making this absurd amount has become a drop in the bucket for these programs, b/c the amount of $ they generate is 3 fold compared to what they are paid. If these boosters can openly pay for recruits, well that’s more free money going to the schools due to winning/relevance. So if this machine is not pulled back & regulated like it’s supposed to be, then it’s not going to get better, it will become worst.

Honestly a million per signee? that's insane. let the kid go to A&M ride the bench and we'll get these type of players for $50k in two years

absolute insanity going on over there. Would love to have Stewart don't get me wrong but for a mil? nah. I'll ride with kelly and moss and they have just as much of a chance to succeed and reach the next level if not more that they'll be here
I think that was just a number he threw out there but it’s possible it’s accurate. I doubt their worst recruit gets paid the same as their best

Advertisement
if a team is willing to pay a player $1M to go there and another team isn’t willing to offer something competitive, I don’t see the problem… the athletes shouldn’t get screwed over and receive less just because some schools don’t have the desire to offer that type of money.

If you want a salary cap seems to me you need a super league with like the best 20-30 schools at max. Aka a minor league NFL organization…

Coaches been getting rich and not winning a **** thing. Now they complaining bout the players getting in on it 😂

Advertisement
Baseball doesn’t have a salary cap. There are a handful of teams that outspend everyone. Yet those teams aren’t winning the championship every year.

You can only sign 25 players a year. You can only have 85 scholarship players. You can only start 22 players. Players are free to transfer as soon as they realize they’re not day 1 starters.

Baseball doesn’t have a salary cap. There are a handful of teams that outspend everyone. Yet those teams aren’t winning the championship every year.

You can only sign 25 players a year. You can only have 85 scholarship players. You can only start 22 players. Players are free to transfer as soon as they realize they’re not day 1 starters.

Exactly coaching matters the most and the smart kids will realize which coaches can get them to the nfl for a much bigger payday that willl secure their lives

Advertisement
Jimbo is a better coach than kirby and Kirby was basically able to buy an NC. He has more money than Kirby too. They have enough money to continue paying the good players and let the ones that didn't pan out transfer out.
And yet, the only time Jumbo won a title was with a first round QB.

Meanwhile, Kirby just won it with a former walk-on.

Exactly coaching matters the most and the smart kids will realize which coaches can get them to the nfl for a much bigger payday that willl secure their lives
Very difficult for any family to deny $1 million. Imagine what that number grows to in 20 years.

Happy for the players finally getting their fair share but sad that college football is ruined.

Yeah I know, bags were always there but the disparity between haves and have nots was never this ridiculous.
Well, if that's truly the case the sport will contract down to the dozen teams that can currently pay $1M or more per player.

Then college football can enjoy the same widespread popularity as that other burgeoning league, the CFL.

Advertisement
Back