Lane isn't coming

He is rehabbing a major injury. For people that have gone through an injury like this, where you can't walk etc, it really takes a mental toll. He wouldn't be happy anywhere with that injury. Miami is where he wants to be, and next season we are gonna kick some ***.

Advertisement
He is rehabbing a major injury. For people that have gone through an injury like this, where you can't walk etc, it really takes a mental toll. He wouldn't be happy anywhere with that injury. Miami is where he wants to be, and next season we are gonna kick some ***.

This took place before the season ending injury.

So you are telling me that a player that is on pace to have one of the greatest career's in the University of Miami's history was not happy here and was considering leaving while we were undefeated?

So you are telling me that a player that is on pace to have one of the greatest career's in the University of Miami's history was not happy here and was considering leaving while we were undefeated?

kids, in particular SF kids, can be emotional football players; hence, yes. How realistic it was to becoming a reality, probably wasn't much chance.

That Brandon Odoi dude just predicted Lane to us on 247..

that dude have any clue or just trying to be the only guy picking Cook and Lane to us?

Advertisement

that dude have any clue or just trying to be the only guy picking Cook and Lane to us?

In my mind, 2 things:

1. Dude clicked the wrong button by mistake.
2. Dude threw it out there just in case the **** was a one in a million chance, and if it happened, he would looked like a super star. If it fell through, everyone forgets. No lose situation.

I've never heard those duke rumors of anything at all similar and i lived in SoFla for almost 30 years and I lurk every site out here.

Don't think hcanes is lying but perhaps privy to a BS rumor. Can't imagine not hearing a **** whisper from the 305 since November about something so huge.

Advertisement
Never expected Duke to stay all 4 years. I dont think any RB should if they have a first round grade after year 3. Have heard rumors that Duke gates the coaches. There was also stuff about a couple of DBs going off on Coach D after the game the other night.

That Duke rumor was posted over on the WEZ by a poster claiming to have heard it from someone reliable. True or not, who knows.

I know where the Duke Rumor came from and it's a really unreliable source on a ****** website thats not the WEZ.

You guys can figure it out from that.

Advertisement
lmfao

Jeremy Crabtree
Dalvin has bad a better second day of practices. He's getting involved in the passing game, returning pints, kicks, etc.

I honestly haven't seen Dalvin without Ermon Lane attached to his hip. Even hanging in the hotel they've been together.

I know where the Duke Rumor came from and it's a really unreliable source on a ****** website thats not the WEZ.

Like I said, there is smoke. There are some issues, but probably not as dramatic as the transcript of the only report that surfaced, but there isn't going to be anything printed on a reliable site due to that would end the entire connection and access, as you know.

With that said, Duke isn't happy, that much is true. All players go through spells and spats with their coaches, but there was more than just a spat. Through Duke's own tweets that he has deleted, it shows validity to it.

Can it be salvaged, probably. I think Duke cares more than most anyone on the team, and is a leader, so he is without a doubt call someone out behind close doors, including the coaching staff.

With that said, I don't see Duke leaving, as for the reasons mentioned, it would set his draft date back. I do see him more motivated than ever to show everyone wrong and improve his draft status. I just see this whole situation as Lamar Miller 2.0, and he is definitely gone after next year.

I know where the Duke Rumor came from and it's a really unreliable source on a ****ty website thats not the WEZ.

Like I said, there is smoke. There are some issues, but probably not as dramatic as the transcript of the only report that surfaced, but there isn't going to be anything printed on a reliable site due to that would end the entire connection and access, as you know.

With that said, Duke isn't happy, that much is true. All players go through spells and spats with their coaches, but there was more than just a spat. Through Duke's own tweets that he has deleted, it shows validity to it.

Can it be salvaged, probably. I think Duke cares more than most anyone on the team, and is a leader, so he is without a doubt call someone out behind close doors, including the coaching staff.

With that said, I don't see Duke leaving, as for the reasons mentioned, it would set his draft date back. I do see him more motivated than ever to show everyone wrong and improve his draft status. I just see this whole situation as Lamar Miller 2.0, and he is definitely gone after next year.

I heard the Duke rumor 3rd hand as well from a reportedly very good source. The rumor was passed along to me by someone who I explicitly trust on these kinds of matters. Not saying there's much to it outside of typical college football player disenchantment with losing, etc.

Advertisement
I'm not saying it's entirely made up, it's true to some extent. However there is a lot of hot garbage thrown in that story to make it sound like a serious issue. Is Duke a candidate to leave early?, certainly, but so is Ereck Flowers, Deon Bush, and Tyriq McCord. However, with Duke, coming off a broken ankle, there are going to be serious questions unless he has a heisman-like junior year, which in that case I would bet on the side that he would leave. But the myth or tale that he "hates this staff entirely" and "wanted to transfer" is entirely fabricated to make this story seem surreal. Trust me when I say Duke is happy where he is at right now, is there some small amount of tension, sure. There is with every team and player, but it's not as ridiculous as some have echoed it out to be.

In my mind, 2 things:

1. Dude clicked the wrong button by mistake.
2. Dude threw it out there just in case the **** was a one in a million chance, and if it happened, he would looked like a super star. If it fell through, everyone forgets. No lose situation.

So he was being a typical online recruiting guru?

I'm not saying it's entirely made up, it's true to some extent. However there is a lot of hot garbage thrown in that story to make it sound like a serious issue. Is Duke a candidate to leave early?, certainly, but so is Ereck Flowers, Deon Bush, and Tyriq McCord. However, with Duke, coming off a broken ankle, there are going to be serious questions unless he has a heisman-like junior year, which in that case I would bet on the side that he would leave. But the myth or tale that he "hates this staff entirely" and "wanted to transfer" is entirely fabricated to make this story seem surreal. Trust me when I say Duke is happy where he is at right now, is there some small amount of tension, sure. There is with every team and player, but it's not as ridiculous as some have echoed it out to be.

Thank you for your sense of reasonableness on this issue.

Advertisement
Back