Lane isn't coming

Advertisement
for a guy that was so unhappy he was really developing into a great all around back.

The **** is this talk of Duke transferring.

In the middle of the season, there was an incident where Al called him out for a block in which he was injured. It wasn't the first issue with the coaches. He expressed he thought of transferring to West Virginia; however, his people talked him down off the ledge. Last the rumor mill had it was what I posted above, he isn't happy, but the best thing for him is to do the one more and done and leave.

Give links to reported story or stfu. This is garbage.

In the middle of the season, there was an incident where Al called him out for a block in which he was injured. It wasn't the first issue with the coaches. He expressed he thought of transferring to West Virginia; however, his people talked him down off the ledge. Last the rumor mill had it was what I posted above, he isn't happy, but the best thing for him is to do the one more and done and leave.

It's not something your going to get linked from a site, but it is pretty common that him and Flowers are not happy with the coaches, and are done after this upcoming season. It was also followed up with his tweet after the Duke game that he was embarrassed, which he deleted shortly after.

I don't talk smack and don't make things up. You can call it garbage or whatever you want to call it, but its what happened.

What till you hear what happened to Olsen and Lewis. Hoping they can turn it around and won't get kicked off the team. Either way, bash me if you want. I am sure there are some others that will confirm what I put up.

Advertisement

It's not something your going to get linked from a site, but it is pretty common that him and Flowers are not happy with the coaches, and are done after this upcoming season. It was also followed up with his tweet after the Duke game that he was embarrassed, which he deleted shortly after.

I don't talk smack and don't make things up. You can call it garbage or whatever you want to call it, but its what happened.

What till you hear what happened to Olsen and Lewis. Hoping they can turn it around and won't get kicked off the team. Either way, bash me if you want. I am sure there are some others that will confirm what I put up.

WHAT THE HECK ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT BRO????

Just cuz a kid tweets his feelings about his team doesn't mean he is ready to go...so that means when other recruits come and check the program he negative recruits

GET REAL

Just cuz a kid tweets his feelings about his team doesn't mean he is ready to go...so that means when other recruits come and check the program he negative recruits

GET REAL

It was much more than a tweet.

GET REAL

It was much more than a tweet.

It was bull**** that didn't belong on a board and you know it. I don't doubt the jist of the suggested post, but it was an emotional response. I don't believe for 1 second that Duke doesn't love the U.

Last edited:
Advertisement
It is what it is. You can take the good part of what I am saying with the Canes glasses on and say that it is pretty much confirmed the rumors that he is transferring look like won't come to play and he will stay next year. I would take it more as good news than bad, but to say it didn't happen and Duke is in love with the Canes now, its an facade.

Tell you what, think about this. Look back and see the last time Flowers or Duke hosted a recruit coming in for visits? Remember, Duke was the one doing the most recruiting for his incoming class.

I am not going to flame this anymore, it is what it is. There is enough negative crap out now, most don't need to hear it or bring it up, as this is old news from early November.

I probably shouldn't have even posted it, I should have just left it alone and let everyone live happily in the Matrix.

Last edited:
Advertisement
I love people who take a rumor and then pass it off as their own to act like an insider

Not an insider. Not passing a rumor along. Tell you what, go back in my 22k of posts and see how many times I have said anything similar to insider information. Again, live in the Matrix, it is good for some.

Either way, I goto every game (health permitting), goto every bowl game, and support the university in donations. With that, I also have been this site's probably biggest promoter, and D and Pete will probably vouch for the later (not the information I put about Duke not being happy, but my character and what I bring to the table). The information I put earlier was not to bring more information in, it was more to dispel the people saying that Duke was transferring out or considering it, as it was posted. I put it more for people to know the last that was leaked on it was he was staying, and that is good news.

Again, take it as you will. Wasn't flaming, it was more to dispel the post someone put that Duke was transferring based on the incidents in November.

It is what it is. You can take the good part of what I am saying with the Canes glasses on and say that it is pretty much confirmed the rumors that he is transferring look like won't come to play and he will stay next year. I would take it more as good news than bad, but to say it didn't happen and Duke is in love with the Canes now, its an facade.

Tell you what, think about this. Look back and see the last time Flowers or Duke hosted a recruit coming in for visits? Remember, Duke was the one doing the most recruiting for his incoming class.

I am not going to flame this anymore, it is what it is. There is enough negative crap out now, most don't need to hear it or bring it up, as this is old news from early November.

I probably shouldn't have even posted it, I should have just left it alone and let everyone live happily in the Matrix.

I'm not saying you're lying, but getting sour cause Al yelled at him for that block seems like something stupid to transfer for. Al isn't dumb enough not to settle their differences.

^^^

That may be the problem Duke has to overcome. I believe everything will be good next year, but I personally don't hold any hope that Duke isn't going to try and go pro if he has a good season.

Advertisement
^^^

That may be the problem Duke has to overcome. I believe everything will be good next year, but I personally don't hold any hope that Duke isn't going to try and go pro if he has a good season.

True but considering that Duke gets hurt nearly every game may play a bigger factor than that incident.

^^^

Of course he is going to go to the NFL and he should. He's a RB, if you are in the 1st 3 rounds get out of college and make your money while you can.

I think it would be smart for Miami to market Duke as a Heisman hopeful, similar to the way they did for Santana Moss in 2000 and FIU did with Hilton several years back. He needs to be the face of the program.

^^^

Of course he is going to go to the NFL and he should. He's a RB, if you are in the 1st 3 rounds get out of college and make your money while you can.

Bingo. unlike other positions, in the NFL, you hit 30, and your done. Even the best. For that position, you have to work your way backwards from that to gain the most years in the league to maximize profit potential. The earlier you get that first 4 year contract out, that's when you get paid.

The new NFL CBA really presses that position in particular, and any back that has the potential to check out in the first 3 rounds, they don't do themselves any favors sticking around, regardless of any personal issues with coaches, so that is much a bigger issue. Main reason why Duke transferring would be stupid, as he would have to sit out a year and then play a year, hence 2 year wait to the league. Staying and completing the junior year is the fastest ticket to the NFL for him at this point, hence the marriage (even if unhappy - to which some won't believe, but really it doesn't matter) makes the most sense for him.

Advertisement
Back