Landon Ibieta Midseason SR HL

Advertisement
Advertisement
Gonna pretend people on here aren't saying Ibieta is better than Horton lmao

Watched Horton make some huge plays against state powerhouse Maryville and he sticks out amongst them

Can't speak for what kind of talent Ibieta is playing against but it looks low. Horton is playing in the toughest TN classification in the toughest regional path in the state and they wiped the floor 15-0 state champs.

His teammate is going to Georgia and Georgia was interested in Horton too. Can't say the same for Landon.

I get Carswell. I bet Mario and Mirabal feel they can upgrade with OL. I think Ibieta’s tape is very good. I am really high on him as a prospect. Would be a shame to move on from him. But I’m sure they feel they can upgrade and that’s why they are doing.

Watched Horton make some huge plays against state powerhouse Maryville and he sticks out amongst them

Can't speak for what kind of talent Ibieta is playing against but it looks low. Horton is playing in the toughest TN classification in the toughest regional path in the state and they wiped the floor 15-0 state champs.

His teammate is going to Georgia and Georgia was interested in Horton too. Can't say the same for Landon.
I do know he has performed really well at the off season circuits.
He played for the 7v7 team in lousianna that is one of the best and had countless big time receivers from the Baton Rouge and etc area. The coach said of all the guys he had and went to the NFL Landon was one of the best he has seen and spoke very very highly of him.

That’s weird considering ...

1.) Oregon offered Carswell. I believe he even took an OV?
2.) We need OL in the worst way

Advertisement
I get Carswell. I bet Mario and Mirabal feel they can upgrade with OL. I think Ibieta’s tape is very good. I am really high on him as a prospect. Would be a shame to move on from him. But I’m sure they feel they can upgrade and that’s why they are doing.
In the end, I trust Mario's evals, and if he thinks he needs to upgrade, I'm not going to second guess him.

But man, it would sting if Ibieta wasn't in this class.

I listened to Good Morning CaneSport today, and Matt Shodell said kind of in passing that Ibieta is the only commit that probably won't sign. Shodell did not elaborate, and I'm not aware of any other information why that would be the case. Speaking for myself, I hope Ibieta comes here. His senior highlights have been sick.

Advertisement

Horton looks like a slower Hightower on film. But I’m not film guru. Hope he plays big

More wiggle than Ginn. My mango tree in my backyard has more wiggle than Ginn...
Agree. It’s as if some of these posters just write stuff to write it.

Ginn had amazing straight line speed, but little to no wiggle. It’s the reason why he never became a top flight WR. His KO returns for TD’s were usually when he hit an open lane, and he was gone, unlike Hester, who could juke anyone out of their shoes without losing speed or balance.

Advertisement
Agree. It’s as if some of these posters just write stuff to write it.

Ginn had amazing straight line speed, but little to no wiggle. It’s the reason why he never became a top flight WR. His KO returns for TD’s were usually when he hit an open lane, and he was gone, unlike Hester, who could juke anyone out of their shoes without losing speed or balance.
Thank you. Devin Hester's picture is what you find when you look up wiggle in the dictionary. Keep looking at the same definition and you'll see Ted Ginn's picture next to antonym...

I'm not one to question Mario. I just like Ibietta and think he brings a dynamic we need as part of a WR group. Like him better than Horton from a fit perspective tbh. But if Mario has his guys staked out, then I get it and wish this kid luck at Nebraska or wherever else he lands.

I do know he has performed really well at the off season circuits.
He played for the 7v7 team in lousianna that is one of the best and had countless big time receivers from the Baton Rouge and etc area. The coach said of all the guys he had and went to the NFL Landon was one of the best he has seen and spoke very very highly of him.

Why is his offer list so unimpressive?

Advertisement
Back