Landon Ibieta Midseason SR HL

Advertisement
This one will be a notable loss down the road.

Who would you drop (include Coleman) to take him? Can't take them all. We have a lot of small slot guys right now. We are probably gearing up to take a big 2023 class because its an epic group down here in SFL.

Also a note: LSU offered him two days before LOI day, even though Kelly has been there for two weeks, and when they offered him they had zero WR commits. They were desperate.

Who would you drop (include Coleman) to take him? Can't take them all. We have a lot of small slot guys right now. We are probably gearing up to take a big 2023 class because its an epic group down here in SFL.

Also a note: LSU offered him two days before LOI day, even though Kelly has been there for two weeks, and when they offered him they had zero WR commits. They were desperate.
We have one WR committed right now, a boatload of scholarships available and are very low on WR numbers with the returning roster. Why would we have to drop someone?

And I dont believe he needs to be in the slot either. He is bigger than Rambo, goes up and gets it, runs great routes and tracks the ball well.

The only relevant point is if he is good enough to play here and help this team. I believe he absolutely is. I guess we shall see

Advertisement
I think he was definitely coming here if mandy had stayed. Definitely take the trade but let's not act like he wasn't on board this entire time. And Bama and LSU started showing interest after us but he stayed loyal to his commitment

We have one WR committed right now, a boatload of scholarships available and are very low on WR numbers with the returning roster. Why would we have to drop someone?

And I dont believe he needs to be in the slot either. He is bigger than Rambo, goes up and gets it, runs great routes and tracks the ball well.

The only relevant point is if he is good enough to play here and help this team. I believe he absolutely is. I guess we shall see

Well, one WR that we know about, right? Let’s see about Coleman. Could be a silent. We are in the pole position at least it seems.

And the other relevant point is numbers. I don’t think Mario is looking for “good enough.” I think he’s looking to significantly raise the level of talent here. Difference makers. Landon hasn’t been a heavily recruited kid. I’d say the market is speaking. As you said, we will see.

Also, we don’t have a “boatload” of scholarships available.

Things that have been concretely intimated by insiders:

1- this will be a small class to get some age spacing as we have a TON of underclassmen on the roster.

2- we will be taking as many as 8 portals kids to fill holes and help achieve the aforementioned class spacing.

3- 2023 is loaded in SFL.

Again, I’d rather keep this spot for a top 2023 kid in the Mario’s bump class for a loaded SFL WR group than take an extra WR that we don’t think is elite. I guess so would Mario.

We have 32 spots open. We didn’t need to drop anyone did we?

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back