Landon Ibieta , 2022 WR Offered (COMMITTED!)

Complicated situation here. Apparently LSU had told him they were filled up in WR slots with 3 guys already committed. Now they are telling him they are relooking at the board and maybe could make room and telling him to be patient.

He has visits scheduled to Ol Miss, Miss St and Alabama next week. to do one on one workouts. He's already been to Bama for their spring game. He plans to take those visits. He doesn't have an offer from any of those schools.

He loved Miami. Parents feel comfortable with the staff and the players. His dad talked about there being 40+ guys in the weight room, etc and he felt the culture was really good. They like Rob Likens alot. Feel their son would be in very good hands with Manny and the staff. Likens and Lashlee are pushing for him - they really want him.

He wants to make a decision in the next few weeks - not sure if they will wait for LSU. At worst, his father said he will make a decision before their fall camp starts - guessing that's in August?

Good chance he is a Cane. Sounds like a lot depends on what happens this week

Brad echoed the samething.... kid is the goods and doesnt have an offer from LSU which he wants but we've made him a priority.

Advertisement
I think offer lists may jump up once HS season starts. Schools haven't been able to evaluate kids. **** Keyshawn Smith who is rumored to have been one of our top WR out of Spring as a true soph had an offer list of Washing State, Boise, colorado State, Fresno etc. Some kids do fall through the cracks.

Like I said there are exceptions. And even when Smith decommitted from WSU, USC and Bama went after him too. Again, we don't really know a lot of what happens.

The kid runs a 4.5 forty already, has good hands, looks like a great rote runner, is quick and fast, and has smoked good competition, seems legit.
Yep, I get it’s just 7on 7 but they don’t let just anybody play on that bootleggers team that he is on. This kid is a good football player.

Advertisement
No. Also, are you in D1 or NFL football? No, you're not. And every really good HS player does not make a really good college player. You have to project. And that takes skill.

The offers matter a **** of a lot more than the "ratings" though.

We don't know where these kids are on Miami's board. We see plenty of commits get pushed out or lightly recruited down the stretch. Oh wait, you're a fan and you like the kids who tweet a lot, got it lol. There is always a fan consensus, and it's usually inaccurate unless its just a layup where your grandma can point out the best kid on the field. But when you see the best schools in the country all offering a kid, meaning that the actual best talent evaluators there are all agree, that carries a lot of weight. Doesn't mean there aren't diamonds in the rough or underrated kids, but they are the exception, not the norm. Does it give me pause when we take a heavily scouted kid that few other top schools have an interest in? Of course.
So your point is do no research about the kid and let other schools do research and if the schools you want to have interest have interest then you want UM to pursue...... Got it.

Complicated situation here. Apparently LSU had told him they were filled up in WR slots with 3 guys already committed. Now they are telling him they are relooking at the board and maybe could make room and telling him to be patient.

He has visits scheduled to Ol Miss, Miss St and Alabama next week. to do one on one workouts. He's already been to Bama for their spring game. He plans to take those visits. He doesn't have an offer from any of those schools.

He loved Miami. Parents feel comfortable with the staff and the players. His dad talked about there being 40+ guys in the weight room, etc and he felt the culture was really good. They like Rob Likens alot. Feel their son would be in very good hands with Manny and the staff. Likens and Lashlee are pushing for him - they really want him.

He wants to make a decision in the next few weeks - not sure if they will wait for LSU. At worst, his father said he will make a decision before their fall camp starts - guessing that's in August?

Really talented kid just screams out underappreciated slot wr in HS who goes to a school and becomes a 50 catch 6 TDs a year guy....... But I hate when the big local school is this much of a factor when they're resting homie like a **** buddy who's only allowed to smash once every 2 weeks

So your point is do no research about the kid and let other schools do research and if the schools you want to have interest have interest then you want UM to pursue...... Got it.

Yes, that's exactly my point. I see your education has served you well.

over your head cosplay GIF by Comic-Con HQ

Advertisement

I can understand why Likens want him. We all want a tall receiver with large catch radius, and a 4.4 speed demon who can blow the top off the safety coverage. But we got to take the best receiver available. And this kid Ibieta brigs a toolbox.

Ibieta is not elite at any one thing. But he's very QB friendly, seems to do everything well and make plays. After Hightower, Wiggins, Pope, and apparently Payton, I'll settle for a kid that makes plays over a kid that is all potential. I like him more than Gibson, less than Bond. He'll be a good add.

He’s staying in state had another WO coach tell me he’s all Bama if offered. Kid likes attention during the process like any good WR. He is staying in state
That’s your area, keep the ears up. Hoping like me Canes fans start migrating up this way and in turn it yields players.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back