Landon Ibieta , 2022 WR Offered (COMMITTED!)

Advertisement
Unless Gibson and Horton are not trending here then bad news for Lee?
I just talked to one of Gibson’s teammate and coach from West Orange and they said... “If he gets that Clemson offer, he’s committing there ASAP. UF is where he’s being pushed to go to and he may end up there. I said what about Miami. They said, he really likes Miami, but UF and Clemson is too much for Miami. Especially if he gets that Clemson offer.”

I just talked to one of Gibson’s teammate and coach from West Orange and they said... “If he gets that Clemson offer, he’s committing there ASAP. UF is where he’s being pushed to go to and he may end up there. I said what about Miami. They said, he really likes Miami, but UF and Clemson is too much for Miami. Especially if he gets that Clemson offer.”
Has he even visited Clemson??..bruh unless u heard that from Gibson I wouldn’t put much stock in that. And. I’m sure Clemson has made “contact” with someone at West. Gibson like a lot of kids probably has 25-35 plus “verbal offers” but at the end it’s really 3-5 schools..rn the visits say it’s clearly a UF/Miami battle..followed by UCF Tenn Baylor. Based on the visits those are the 5 schools

Advertisement
Has he even visited Clemson??..bruh unless u heard that from Gibson I wouldn’t put much stock in that. And. I’m sure Clemson has made “contact” with someone at West. Gibson like a lot of kids probably has 25-35 plus “verbal offers” but at the end it’s really 3-5 schools..rn the visits say it’s clearly a UF/Miami battle..followed by UCF Tenn Baylor. Based on the visits those are the 5 schools
There is a kid on a visit right now that changed his plan because Miami offered. Some Notre Dame fan woulda been saying the same thing you're saying until that offer came for Lucas. Lucas hadn't visited Miami from what I can tell. We offered him and we get an OV. Lucas had a top 10 that didn't include us and now by your own thinking we're at least in the top 5. Gibson sees a bunch of tall/big WRs go to Clemson, win and get to the league. He probably sees a similar path for himself

He doesn’t have a Clemson offer. But I’m just saying what they told me.

Advertisement
Sooooooo the offers matter more then the actual skill on the field

No. Also, are you in D1 or NFL football? No, you're not. And every really good HS player does not make a really good college player. You have to project. And that takes skill.

The offers matter a **** of a lot more than the "ratings" though.

We don't know where these kids are on Miami's board. We see plenty of commits get pushed out or lightly recruited down the stretch. Oh wait, you're a fan and you like the kids who tweet a lot, got it lol. There is always a fan consensus, and it's usually inaccurate unless its just a layup where your grandma can point out the best kid on the field. But when you see the best schools in the country all offering a kid, meaning that the actual best talent evaluators there are all agree, that carries a lot of weight. Doesn't mean there aren't diamonds in the rough or underrated kids, but they are the exception, not the norm. Does it give me pause when we take a heavily scouted kid that few other top schools have an interest in? Of course.

There is a kid on a visit right now that changed his plan because Miami offered. Some Notre Dame fan woulda been saying the same thing you're saying until that offer came for Lucas. Lucas hadn't visited Miami from what I can tell. We offered him and we get an OV. Lucas had a top 10 that didn't include us and now by your own thinking we're at least in the top 5. Gibson sees a bunch of tall/big WRs go to Clemson, win and get to the league. He probably sees a similar path for himself
And I’m sure there’s a thousand more kids who are saying “man if Bama offers forget these other schools I’m going there”

A kid can say whatever. A kid can get letters from schools and different coaches. They can claim 50 verbal offers. But the fact is in reality it’s really much less than that..and as of rn he doesn’t seem to be on Clemsons radar..and if Clemson does come knocking it’s a business at the end of the day. Relationships matter in recruiting.

Offers don't mean much to me. Watch both of the guys film. They're what we need at the position.

NFL GM's, DFO's, coaches, scouts and more spend millions of dollars working out, poking, prodding, and interviewing full grown men who have double digit ten camera games on tape. And they still miss 50% of the time come the draft. College coaches have it harder. They have to not only project what a kid will do against college comp, but project how his body will develop, and they have to evaluate the COMPETITION these kids played against with some grainy iPhone footage.

But you, a fan, on your 2017 android phonewatched their "film." Got it!:)

Man...

And I’m sure there’s a thousand more kids who are saying “man if Bama offers forget these other schools I’m going there”

A kid can say whatever. A kid can get letters from schools and different coaches. They can claim 50 verbal offers. But the fact is in reality it’s really much less than that..and as of rn he doesn’t seem to be on Clemsons radar..and if Clemson does come knocking it’s a business at the end of the day. Relationships matter in recruiting.
That doesn't actually refute the information that was brought. If Gibson's intention is to wait for a Clemson offer it really doesn't matter where other schools stand or relationships. Clemson knows what they're doing and if they truly have him as a plan B they're still talking to him. Clemson kept that top 50/high 4-star LB Simpson on the back burner right until Flowe told them he wasn't gonna be rushed. And once he visited and got that offer he committed. That's the level they're at.

Gibson has three visits scheduled. Clemson and UF aren't among them. If he does like them and they miss on other targets it is a possibility. This isn't really about Clemson anyway because they may never want him. It is about how much Gibson likes them. If he does as much as that post says he'll wait for them or flip from one school to them

Advertisement
That doesn't actually refute the information that was brought. If Gibson's intention is to wait for a Clemson offer it really doesn't matter where other schools stand or relationships. Clemson knows what they're doing and if they truly have him as a plan B they're still talking to him. Clemson kept that top 50/high 4-star LB Simpson on the back burner right until Flowe told them he wasn't gonna be rushed. And once he visited and got that offer he committed. That's the level they're at.

Gibson has three visits scheduled. Clemson and UF aren't among them. If he does like them and they miss on other targets it is a possibility. This isn't really about Clemson anyway because they may never want him. It is about how much Gibson likes them. If he does as much as that post says he'll wait for them or flip from one school to them
Ok..all I’m saying is there’s plenty of kids who say the same **** about Bama, Clem, OSU. I’m not saying the op I responded to isn’t legit. My thing is this, u play stupid games, u win stupid prizes. Especially as a Kid who is talented but not talented enough that schools are holding spots for you. U wonder how some 4star kids from Miami end up at Nebraska etc, thinking like this is part of the reason.

Sounds to me like Clemson is his dream offer..we’ve all heard that story. It’s crazy how those dream offers usually don’t get picked. Not just Miami either

Complicated situation here. Apparently LSU had told him they were filled up in WR slots with 3 guys already committed. Now they are telling him they are relooking at the board and maybe could make room and telling him to be patient.

He has visits scheduled to Ol Miss, Miss St and Alabama next week. to do one on one workouts. He's already been to Bama for their spring game. He plans to take those visits. He doesn't have an offer from any of those schools.

He loved Miami. Parents feel comfortable with the staff and the players. His dad talked about there being 40+ guys in the weight room, etc and he felt the culture was really good. They like Rob Likens alot. Feel their son would be in very good hands with Manny and the staff. Likens and Lashlee are pushing for him - they really want him.

He wants to make a decision in the next few weeks - not sure if they will wait for LSU. At worst, his father said he will make a decision before their fall camp starts - guessing that's in August?

Good chance he is a Cane. Sounds like a lot depends on what happens this week

Advertisement
No. Also, are you in D1 or NFL football? No, you're not. And every really good HS player does not make a really good college player. You have to project. And that takes skill.

The offers matter a **** of a lot more than the "ratings" though.

We don't know where these kids are on Miami's board. We see plenty of commits get pushed out or lightly recruited down the stretch. Oh wait, you're a fan and you like the kids who tweet a lot, got it lol. There is always a fan consensus, and it's usually inaccurate unless its just a layup where your grandma can point out the best kid on the field. But when you see the best schools in the country all offering a kid, meaning that the actual best talent evaluators there are all agree, that carries a lot of weight. Doesn't mean there aren't diamonds in the rough or underrated kids, but they are the exception, not the norm. Does it give me pause when we take a heavily scouted kid that few other top schools have an interest in? Of course.

I think offer lists may jump up once HS season starts. Schools haven't been able to evaluate kids. **** Keyshawn Smith who is rumored to have been one of our top WR out of Spring as a true soph had an offer list of Washing State, Boise, colorado State, Fresno etc. Some kids do fall through the cracks.

I just talked to one of Gibson’s teammate and coach from West Orange and they said... “If he gets that Clemson offer, he’s committing there ASAP. UF is where he’s being pushed to go to and he may end up there. I said what about Miami. They said, he really likes Miami, but UF and Clemson is too much for Miami. Especially if he gets that Clemson offerhes
He doesn’t have a Clemson offer. But I’m just saying what they told me.
He’s staying in state had another WO coach tell me he’s all Bama if offered. Kid likes attention during the process like any good WR. He is staying in state

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back