Lamont Gaillard

umm nope.. Miami was recruiting him for awhile now. Just that no one knew they were until now.

UM was always recruiting ever since the **** offer just people go back to a coach going on a message board whining to get support from some fans instead of doing is due dilligence and sending tape on the kid to the staff himself if the kid actually was important to him. UM was on him from the longest but he was solid to UGA till now

Blame the kids; blame the parents; blame the kids' coaches; blame the message board posters; blame the cloud; blame the agents; blame global warming; blame d money; ect

I don't even know why the coaches do press conferences, when they have CiS poRsters to make up sorry excuses.

So because a coach goes on a message board to get the girls all excited that means that he did "everything he could"? News flash ******* this isn't about the coaches,the players or fans it's about what can you do for the kid and wtf does going on a message board do for the kid? Send his highlight real to the coaches yourself like Ice did for Jackson and you be relentless to get them to watch the kid whether you send it through the mail or social media and then you complain. Nobody knows the whole story

My recollection is that the coach did send video of Galliard and the other prospect from that school. But our coaches apparently did not respond.

http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=13&f=2928&t=11198920

Advertisement
duke4heisman thanks for the link
The single most disturbing thread i have EVER seen….. as Joe Rose would say "Coaches you are *** clowns"

LOL... we have a guy on the staff for these guys sending tapes to them begging for an offer.... and it's an afterthought for these guys?

No prob guys, just wish it wasn't so negative. Wish these Big 10 yankees would take their azzes back to Jersey..Lol

Advertisement
How was it an afterthought? Did you read the thread? They basically had no idea about these kids and found out about them through another source.

What that tells me is there is something wrong within the UM AD. Im not all that familiar with UM's AD, but I can tell you that the big programs like Texas and Bama have a small army of staffers that work for the coaches and scout sh*t like this. I wonder if this isnt an example of how having a smaller athletic budget put us months behind the curve in finding these kids.

And before someone says something stupid like "but he called Golden's voicemail". HCs dont sit there and listen to all those calls. There are people in the AD that are supposed to collect all this stuff, organize it and scout it for the staff. Every coach at Bama has a staff of people that work under them that organize sh*t like this for them. I wonder what kind of resources UM has for the coaching staff when it comes to things like this.

I agree its troubling that it took our staff 2 more months to hear about these kids than it did other programs, what Im concerned about is WHY. I dont believe for one second this staff is lazy or stupid. So how did these kids' video fall through the cracks such that our staff didnt even know the coach had contacted UM about them?

UM was always recruiting ever since the **** offer just people go back to a coach going on a message board whining to get support from some fans instead of doing is due dilligence and sending tape on the kid to the staff himself if the kid actually was important to him. UM was on him from the longest but he was solid to UGA till now

Blame the kids; blame the parents; blame the kids' coaches; blame the message board posters; blame the cloud; blame the agents; blame global warming; blame d money; ect

I don't even know why the coaches do press conferences, when they have CiS poRsters to make up sorry excuses.

So because a coach goes on a message board to get the girls all excited that means that he did "everything he could"? News flash ******* this isn't about the coaches,the players or fans it's about what can you do for the kid and wtf does going on a message board do for the kid? Send his highlight real to the coaches yourself like Ice did for Jackson and you be relentless to get them to watch the kid whether you send it through the mail or social media and then you complain. Nobody knows the whole story

My recollection is that the coach did send video of Galliard and the other prospect from that school. But our coaches apparently did not respond.

http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=13&f=2928&t=11198920

Don'y worry, itsacanething has it straight from the coaches that we'e recruited him as best we can. What a f@33ot mope.

Advertisement
So... after months of trying to sale a player that is highly regarded as one of the nations tops to my favorite team, found out today the the staff of Miami doesn't even know our kids... basically meaning they've never watched the files I sent, disregarded our voicemails, maybe even never even read our emails...

Thr only reason they now know of him is our rival coach has a kid that they're interested in and he had to tell them about our guy... smh... just hard to believe that they ignored everything while staffs like alabama, florida, georgia south carolina clemson etc etc immediately responded with offers

Nevertheless, they'll be here tomorrow... THANK GOD

LMAO

Thanks to all posters

I'm unsure as to why they can say they were unaware of our prospects, I really don't think that excusable, but I do understand the fact that there are 10 months left and always better late then never.

The problem is, these two kids value FIRST in a big way. Whoever offers first, whoever comes by first, whoever they visit first.

With that said, Miami has the chance to be the first to offer both at the same time. I've always felt that whoever did that, would ultimately get the two because they really want to play together. The offers they have in common are Clemson, NC State and South Carolina, but Landry feels as if those schools weren't truly interested in he and only decided to offer to attempt to gain ground with Lamont. If Miami comes in and shows genuine interest in both and offer both after seeing them, they'll immediately shoot to the top, just because of how they think.

Staph defenders keep slurping

We need to completely revamp our OV's. these kids should be taken to lunch out on south beach, maybe spend an hour or two on the actual beach with coaches and players...

Anything that shows these kids how special it is to live in Miami and be able to train outdoors year round..we could have the best OV's in e entire nation with what this city have to offer but instead were just being complacent with what is in place...

Last edited:
That would be better than taking the recruits bowling,,,,lol

We need to completely revamp our OV's. these kids should be taken to lunch out on south beach, maybe spend an hour or two on the actual beach with coaches and players...

Anything that shows these kids how special it is to live in Miami and be able to train outdoors year round..we could have the best OV's in e entire nation with what this city have to offer but instead were just being complacent with what is in place...

Advertisement
Lamont Gaillards high school coach thinks Lamont Gaillard will stick with his committment to UGA. Im gonna take the wait and see approach.

Who is the last recruit to give the UM visit a 10 out of 10?

Seems like kids always give us some BS review man...yet they love the BAMA and FSU visits. We need to send some scouts to other top programs and see how they run their OV's. Always have to look for a way to get ahead in life and Golden and co need to NEVER be complacent and always look for ways to better the program including OV's. People steal what others do all the time in this business that's how you stay relevant.

Advertisement
I mentioned earlier, we don't seem to be getting a ton of "pop" off our visits at all this year. Previous years the big time OOSers would at least say we were a 10 before staying home, this year we're getting the "meh" review more often than not. I'll save my wildly irresponsible speculation for why for post signing day.

Just my opinoin, but we should stop taking kids bowling. This is Miami.

LOL....And i thought about this yrs ago.....never mentioned it though;..but the thought hit my mind one night when i went to SPARES bowling alley to a little bday party and saw Olivier Vernon on a recruiting trip with Ego Ferguson...i was leaving the alley because it was literally no girls or anything there..and Ferguson and Vernon looked like they were making the long walk from duke field to the locker room.

Years ago..and im quite sure their just doing the bowling alley thing....

*This is MIAMI..
* We dont have much of a campus feel...so those dorm parties/hype events ARENT their....so ummmm USE your **** city and stop being SCARED......

I'm going to any concert, south beach, KOD, everywhere possible...

These kids take the trip expecting that...and they get SPAREZ playing Nickelback songs and gutter balls.....the CLOUD is gone..

Lamont Gaillards high school coach thinks Lamont Gaillard will stick with his committment to UGA. Im gonna take the wait and see approach.

"[W]ait and see" what? He rated the visit a "7 or 8 out of 10." In terms of OV evaluations, that's the equivalent of "I got food poisoning at the dinner and spent the night puking in the hotel bathroom."

The kid is already committed to UGA. Has a commit ever flipped at the 11th hour after an essentially mediocre vist?

Galliard's gone, along with TV.

Last edited:
I mentioned earlier, we don't seem to be getting a ton of "pop" off our visits at all this year. Previous years the big time OOSers would at least say we were a 10 before staying home, this year we're getting the "meh" review more often than not. I'll save my wildly irresponsible speculation for why for post signing day.

Just my opinoin, but we should stop taking kids bowling. This is Miami.

So we negate one of our biggest recruiting tools. Dammit.

Advertisement
Back