NBA Lakers and Clippers vote to boycott remainder of playoffs

GojiraCane

All ACC
From SI:

"Miami's Udonis Haslem spoke and essentially told everyone in room that -- without Lakers and Clippers, how will season continue?" Charania reported. "LeBron James walked out. Rest of Lakers and Clippers exited behind him."

Advertisement
There's some gray area here - while the Lakers and Clippers voted to cancel, the other teams voted to keep playing. So do the Lakers and Clippers honor the results of the vote and keep playing, or do they depart?

044F18C8-FC80-451C-B504-368115DE88E9.gif

I remember the first time I thought I was way more important than I actually was.

These guys are going to wake up tomorrow and realize in the big picture, nobody really gives AF if they play or not. Then they're finally gonna take the call from their agents letting them know how much money they're about to lose.

Talk about overplaying your hand, especially with a league that's had their backs every single step of the way since Floyd's murder.

LeBron desperately needs to be ***** slapped back into the real world, especially when everyone know he's made millions off the backs of slave labor in China. All he's done is bring that fact, something generally ignored to this point, straight to the forefront.

What a colossal **** up by him and anyone else who pushed this catastrophe of an idea.

Last edited:
Advertisement
That’s hilarious. You laugh out loud to yourself? Guy wins the heat two titles and fans still cry cause he left. He gave Miami it’s best four years of sports. Aside from all the **** he does off court to empower people.
The guy is potentially costing dozens of current NBA players, all of whom have been away from their family for months now, a life changing salary.

What he did here and the absurd stunt he's pulling now are two completely different things. He's making a cataclysmic mistake right now. He's become the spoiled Hollywood actor who's perceptions and actions are completely skewed because he's so far removed from reality.

Advertisement
I remember the first time I thought I was way more important than I actually was.

These guys are going to wake up tomorrow and realize in the big picture, nobody really gives AF if they play or not. Then they're finally gonna take the call from their agents letting them know how much money they're about to lose.

Talk about overplaying your hand, especially with a league that's had their backs every single step of the way since Floyd's murder.

LeBron desperately needs to be ***** slapped back into the real world, especially when everyone know he's made millions of the backs of slave labor in China. All he's done is bring that fact, something generally ignored to this point, straight to the forefront.

What a colossal **** up by him and anyone else who pushed this catastrophe of an idea.
I'll forward this message to him

That’s hilarious. You laugh out loud to yourself? Guy wins the heat two titles and fans still cry cause he left. He gave Miami it’s best four years of sports. Aside from all the **** he does off court to empower people.
Hold up, hold up, hold up!!! Lebron didn't win the Heat anything. He gave us a good run and as a Heat fan I certainly appreciate his 4 years in Miami, but truth be told we don't win the 2 titles without a litany of other players. In all honesty, as good as Lebron was with Miami, had he played as well as he's capable of playing in those other 2 finals Miami would've walked away with 4 titles and not just 2.

He's definitely not the GOAT on the court, but off the court he gives any athlete in history a run for their money. I applaud his off-court/social efforts.

Advertisement
Boycotting and cancelling the NBA playoffs will solve all of the country's problems, so I'm all four it.
May not solve all the problems but could spark the fire that does. There's no question, there are some major issues our country needs to look at and fix. If that means shutting down sports for a few months then I'm all for it.

Some of you really do sound like the Laura chick, who told Lebron to "just shut up and dribble." It absolutely kills me how some of you are big fans of these athletes but the minute they stand/speak on something you don't agree with all the name calling starts. We don't always have to agree with one another but it's important that we learn to respect and listen to each other. There's a reason a lot of people in this country and from around the world for that matter are in an uproar. I know for some of you it won't be easy to give up your privilege, but whether you like it or not the pendulum of equality is starting to swing in the opposite direction. Either get on board, or get left behind. ✊

They have a problem with taking a knee. They have a problem with speaking on racial injustice.
They salivate when young black boys decide to dunk basketballs and score touchdowns for their schools.
They want to be entertained.
They love American songs, flags, and property---NOT American lives. Their lives do not matter.
Since 1776.

Advertisement
They have a problem with taking a knee. They have a problem with speaking on racial injustice.
They salivate when young black boys decide to dunk basketballs and score touchdowns for their schools.
They want to be entertained.
They love American songs, flags, and property---NOT American lives. Their lives do not matter.
Since 1776.
Who is they?

Who is they?
Who had a problem with Kaep taking a knee? Who has a problem with speaking on racial injustice?

Who salivates when young black boys decide to dunk basketballs and score touchdowns for their schools but don't give a **** about the communities they come from? (Hint: Go to the Recruiting board)

Who wants to be entertained? (Hint: "Shut up and dribble")

Who loves American songs, flags, and property?? (Hint: "It's disrespectful to the flag and military to kneel, even though a naval officer suggested Kaepernick take a knee. Destroyed property can be replaced. Murdered people are not coming back)---NOT American lives. Their lives do not matter.

Who shrugs their shoulders when police kill [act as judge, jury, and executioner w/o due process] Americans because they were eating ice cream in their apartment, for disobedience, or while walking away?

Since 1776. (Who has lynched tens of thousands of Americans for centuries, yet there is no anti-lynching law?)

Who had a problem with Kaep taking a knee? Who has a problem with speaking on racial injustice?

Who salivates when young black boys decide to dunk basketballs and score touchdowns for their schools but don't give a **** about the communities they come from? (Hint: Go to the Recruiting board)

Who wants to be entertained? (Hint: "Shut up and dribble")

Who loves American songs, flags, and property?? (Hint: "It's disrespectful to the flag and military to kneel, even though a naval officer suggested Kaepernick take a knee. Destroyed property can be replaced. Murdered people are not coming back)---NOT American lives. Their lives do not matter.

Who shrugs their shoulders when police kill [act as judge, jury, and executioner w/o due process] Americans because they were eating ice cream in their apartment, for disobedience, or while walking away?

Since 1776. (Who has lynched tens of thousands of Americans for centuries, yet there is no anti-lynching law?)
I don't know, who?

Advertisement
Back