Lack of elite talent

I always find it funny that fans clamored for Golden to fire his buddy and he didn't. Now Golden is coaching TEs while his buddy is still a DC job at a D1 school.

Anyways, I think we have some elite talent but not the depth and we do not get elite production consistently year in and year out. It either a player(s) bust onto the scene and shows flashes his freshman or even sophomore year then he slowly fades into just a solid player or a JAG.

Advertisement
Did you see the game we played against Clemson? Alabama, okla, would have killed us just as bad. Our overall talent still inferior to top tier teams. Wisconsin was a very good team but not elite abd after first quarter they dominated us.
The pressure of trying to stay undefeated, Rosier’s inaccuracy and BS performance/attitude along with his interview after the Pitt game and fatigue of not having a bye week truly effected the team vs Clemson. The team was fired up at the start against Clemson, but I believe that distrust and doubt set in because Rosiers accuracy sucked. Boys knew they couldn’t compete after Rosier overthrew a wide open receiver that could have given us the momentum. Football is a game not only of talent but of emotion. If we had scored on that long bomb I’m not saying we’d have won but it would have been a different ballgame. Just my personal opinion, Rosier’s inaccuracy put our players in danger having to make acrobatic catches because it was thrown behind like Honey Nut Beerios did and he exposed our WR to get hit. It’s amazing and maddening to me that our WR’s couldn’t be more productive in the “yards after catch department” with all the speed we have!! I can only blame one person! And it’s not The POTUS! Whatever moving on

Last edited:
Advertisement
No, you stack classes like we did in 2018 back to back. People love to talk about who don’t come here but fail to mention there is only 25 scholarships available and there are way more than that in south Florida alone. It’s an unattainable goal to completely lockdown south Florida but we can try to get most of the elite talent which we did last year
Oh if we have a serious class but is has to be better than 2018. If that happens then yea thats stacking....if we dont do it the rankings will tell us that.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back