Lack of elite talent

Advertisement
we were the least talented of big bowl teams along with wisky, they showed that stat. Its not surprising when u let kids go to uga fsu bama uf and everywhere else. Keep those kids we back in no time, if we dont we will be in the mud where we r where 10-3 is good enough

Yeah all that elite talent looked great at UF and FSU last year.

You're like a broken robot. You're so used to crying over recruiting rankings that you don't realize we're already the best team in the state.

And we had the 5th most players drafted of ANY school, in a down year for us. Next year we'll have at least 4 guys go in the 1st 2 rds.

Did you see the game we played against Clemson? Alabama, okla, would have killed us just as bad. Our overall talent still inferior to top tier teams. Wisconsin was a very good team but not elite abd after first quarter they dominated us.

A 13-1 P5 team, whose only loss was in a close game to Ohio St, is not elite?

No wonder posters on here are miserable all the time, apparently being a top-5 team isn't elite. It's just a ridiculous standard to have, unless you actually are Bama

McIntosh perhaps but that thyroid issue knocked him down. After that could you point out top-end elite talent on our DL?

Seriously?

Joe Jackson is projected to be a 1st rounder next year. Garvin almost certainly will be too. Rousseau and Silvera are elite prospects. Even Ford, if he develops on the field, could end up elite.

We need more depth, but our top end talent is definitely elite

Advertisement
Yeah all that elite talent looked great at UF and FSU last year.

You're like a broken robot. You're so used to crying over recruiting rankings that you don't realize we're already the best team in the state.

And we had the 5th most players drafted of ANY school, in a down year for us. Next year we'll have at least 4 guys go in the 1st 2 rds.
That’s why this lack of talent bs talking point is played out and untrue

Since when is having 6 players drafted...all of which were 3rd round or later...considered an accomplishment at the U?
Even a bad recruiter can get that done at Miami. The school's located in the most fertile recruiting ground in the country.

Our level of talent the last couple years has been abysmal for Miami standards and I don't think that's debatable. Our BEST PLAYERS didn't get drafted until the 3rd and on.
Even programs like Washington and UCLA see their best players get drafted in the 1st/2nd. I'd venture to say that even Shannon was able to assemble more talent than Golden. (Shannon was terrible at developing it though)

Other than Mike Jackson, I don't see anybody going early next year either. (unless Joe Jackson and/or Richards have a break-out year and go pro)
I feel like our younger kids are the legit NFL prospects.

Wasn’t terrible, he brought in some talent. Just missed on way too many guys(guys richt not missing on currently especially in the 2018 class)

Anybody can bring in "some talent" at Miami. He missed...or simply just didn't offer...way too many kids. His evaluations were laughable.

Advertisement
Keep doing the good things you do. If I am ever in the ATL, the steak is on me and you can order it however you like without too much ridicule. The caveat is that I would insist that you take at least one bite of a medium cooked steak which I would opt for over my usual medium rare just for you.
:rk5i6fxwjlgev5j6.jpg::rk5i6fxwjlgev5j6.jpg::rk5i6fxwjlgev5j6.jpg::rk5i6fxwjlgev5j6.jpg::rk5i6fxwjlgev5j6.jpg:#ThisWillNeverDie

If it wasn't for the ****** QB play we would have won a championship this year... Our guys would have had more exposure and would have been drafted much higher!
We could have had Tom Brady playing QB and would've lost to Clemson by 21. We are still 2 years from having the talent depth that Alabama, Cemson & GA's of the world have.

Other than Mike Jackson, I don't see anybody going early next year either. (unless Joe Jackson and/or Richards have a break-out year and go pro)
Jackson and Richards have elite traits and some production to match. This year will be big but they both have a shot. More sold on Jackson than Richards.

Advertisement
Que?!

Golden was a TERRIBLE recruiter!

Problem with Golden and Co is that they could not get out of the Temple recruiting model of finding guys that were under the radar. He carried that inferiority complex from Temple to here. I still remember that video of a recruiting meeting of D'Onofrio comparing a potential recruit to the best guy they aver had at Temple! Meanwhile, I think it was Hurlie Brown (former UM player) who was there stating the obvious, "but can he play at Miami?" I am sure that is how it probably went at most of those meetings.

Not at qb, thought i read that Bama possibly recrutied him as a db recruit before. Could be wrong
Kayya was no defensive back. No speed or athleticism. Looked like Dan Marino post Achilles tear in the pocket at UM.

Our problem is not that we don't have elite talent. Its that we have way too many not fully developed players leaving early for the draft.

That is the main reason so many Canes are drafted in lower rounds. The NFL realizes that these players will require further development and will not be immediate ready to play plug-ins.

McIntosh & Norton are prime examples. With one more year of high performance under their belts they certainly would have be drafted much higher. The Miami football program would have been a far more formidable program had they stayed. But can you imagine how much further we'd be if they had stayed.

In saying this, I fully realize its not a decision we can or should make for someone else, nor do I question any players' motives for wanting to make $$ sooner rather than later and risk injury. But looking back I'd say that most would have improved their draft position if they had played an extra year.

Instead of saying we do not have elite talent ( which we do have) acknowledge that its just difficult to compare Jr.s with Sr.s who have played more and are much easier to evaluate versus top competition or have played since they were injured.

Advertisement
Since when is having 6 players drafted...all of which were 3rd round or later...considered an accomplishment at the U?
Even a bad recruiter can get that done at Miami. The school's located in the most fertile recruiting ground in the country.

Our level of talent the last couple years has been abysmal for Miami standards and I don't think that's debatable. Our BEST PLAYERS didn't get drafted until the 3rd and on.
Even programs like Washington and UCLA see their best players get drafted in the 1st/2nd. I'd venture to say that even Shannon was able to assemble more talent than Golden. (Shannon was terrible at developing it though)

More or less agree.

Joe Jackson is a physical freak, though. The league will start to take notice. If all he has is a good year, and stays uninjured, I don’t see how he stays out of the first 2 rounds. Unless my lying eyes are deceiving me. If he has an outstanding year, blows up, he’s a top 7 pick. Richards needs to blow up big time, big time, to get in the first couple of rounds.

Everybody else needs to literally explode big time in a huuuuuge way to get into the first 3 rounds. I think they need the full 4 years. But that’s just me.

We do lack talent to compete with the elite teams in the country...its predominantly along the lines where we are essentially 3 years of heavy, hard recruiting the lines with 4* and 5* talent to compete with Alabama, Ohio State, Clemson, etc.

Getting the DL Coach from Georgia probably one of the smarter things Richt has done since coming here. We can't stockpile what we need to stockpile without getting a legit foothold in Savage Country somewhere and Georgia is as good as any. We can't be relying to keep stocked with the South Florida elite players on the OL/DL. One, because there usually aren't that many to begin with. Two, they have proven to be wishy washy and ultimately not worth the effort anyway, as they oft fail to live up to expectations.
Case in point - Trevor Darling

Advertisement
Back