Kylin Hill thread

So he didn’t care about the flag last week or or last year or ever before but now he does? 🧐

Or he always cared about the flag but was too scared to speak up?

good for him to take a stance but why now and why with his career? There are ways to bring about change and it likely doesn’t start by quitting your profession(I know he is amateur now)
It's like Ray Charles. Played in Jim Crow segregated clubs for years. Then one day, he just said I'm not doing it anymore and stopped.

Advertisement
Perhaps this is something Mr. Hill should have taken into consideration before choosing a school.

I can agree with that sentiment because I would never choose to go to a school replete with “old southern” structures and paraphernalia. However, if he is a local kid who grew up loving the school (but maybe not the old history of it). I could see him feeling compelled to go but know seeing how the sentiment has changed, feeling empowered to take a stand.

This guys season last year would finish 4th in Miami history in rushing yards and people are acting like we can't find a spot for him, especially with the optics at hand.

And Leonard Hankerson Allen Hurns are 1 and 2 in receiving yards for us

Advertisement
You wouldn't want those two seasons of production on your team?
Right? If those 2 were our returning starters at WR we’ll be talking about if we could beat Clemson in the ACC championship right now.

You wouldn't want those two seasons of production on your team?

Stacked up yards against inferior opponents. Had 4 respectable games, and 5 games where we'll have to find excuses for his lack of production.
Against Ole Miss, Kansas State, Kentucky, and TA&MU he had really good games. A little under 5YPC in all but TAMU (7.1YPC)
Against Alabama, LSU, Auburn, Tennessee, and Louisville, he had a combined 130 yards on 66 carries. That's less than 2YPC against the best teams on his schedule. Louisville was 112th in rushing defense last year. 3 total yards on 7 carries.

The point flew over your head

It's not that deep. With all greats we have, two not so legendary names hold records above hall of fame caliber players because of the game/stats changing. Regardless...

1300+ rushing yards in the SEC west isn't a stat to put lightly in any era. We don't even have a clear cut #1 running back. Davis hasn't proven a thing and we have two freshmen behind him.

Advertisement
It's not that deep. With all greats we have, two not so legendary names hold records above hall of fame caliber players because of the game/stats changing. Regardless...

1300+ rushing yards in the SEC west isn't a stat to put lightly in any era. We don't even have a clear cut #1 running back. Davis hasn't proven a thing and we have two freshmen behind him.

In the SEC he had 154 carries 763 yards for an average of YPC of 4.9

234 of those yards came against Arkansas, one of the worst teams in college football

I can agree with that sentiment because I would never choose to go to a school replete with “old southern” structures and paraphernalia. However, if he is a local kid who grew up loving the school (but maybe not the old history of it). I could see him feeling compelled to go but know seeing how the sentiment has changed, feeling empowered to take a stand.
Agreed, but drawing a line in the sand is a bit much once you've already been there three years.

*THIS IS NOT A POLITICAL THREAD*

Kylin Hill seems to be adamant about not playing if they don’t change the flag. That’s an NFL back. Y’all putting in a call if he hits the transfer portal?

*Read up top! this is about the football player Kylin Hill, not politics.

I wouldn't want that candyass.

Someone buy that kid a pacifier - let him suck on that - it's more appropriate.

Advertisement
I’m not sure who’s going to win in November. It’s just too early. My moneys on the left at this point. However, I was wrong in 16
Trump in a landslide. The silent majority will make their voices heard about the destruction of our country that has taken place by the left.

Advertisement
I don't care if you have Jim Brown running behind our offensive line, he be lucky to break 50 yards in a game.

The key to a good running game, and winning football team is a good offensive line. Will make any serviceable running back look good, and keep your defense of the field :

If he was expecting support, he picked the wrong fan base to make that kind of statement.

He might as well enter the portal tomorrow.
This. But if Bubba Wallace could get NASCAR to examine it's flag policy, then it's a possibility, I guess.

Well, when you go to Alabama, MississippI, Georgia, SC, Clemson. Wonder what they were thinking. Those are for sure states where people are still re living the civil war. Not trying to be rude but they should do their homework. Everything today is political.
we don’t need him, he can transfer somewhere, we got good running backs.
definitely don’t wish him any ill will though.
Exactly

Very interesting debate on this thread re whether bringing him on would make sense or not. I'll admit, after reading it all I am torn. Lol. That means both sides presented their case well.

Advertisement
Back