Kul out at Bama

He definitely wasn’t overrated as a pure coach.

Our guys feasted when he was here.

Exactly. It's amazing how petty and ignorant some of our "Fans" are. Kul left for a better job, nothing wrong with that. He isn't a strong recruiter, most DL coaches aren't. They are technicians by trade. He's still a **** good DL coach that won't be unemployed for long if he is ever let go. Sounds like Saban is panicking over there, which isn't normal for him. Maybe he sees the wheels coming off due to the fact that he's been on top for so long. Either way, this may be the beginning of the end at Alabama.

Last edited:
Advertisement
LMAOOO. I told y'all coach Kool wasn't all that. I'm glad that guy left when he did. Our DT room would be a graveyard right now if he was still here. He couldn't teach his DL to play good run defense. Look at Bama's run defense numbers this year compared to the last 5 years.

Could explain why it seemed our backers took a step back. The o lineman just simply climbed to the backers.

Definitely sounds like he's on his way out and it doesn't sound like it's by choice.

Tim Watts:
— On the defensive line the two most often names heard are Bo Davis and Freddie Roach. Both have obvious connections to Saban and Alabama with Bo having worked for Saban numerous times and Roach played at Alabama. He’s currently at Ole Miss and is considered an up-and-coming recruiter. Sal Sunseri is another name that has been tossed around from two good sources. Again, there is a connection to UA but one source indicated he was happy at UF. There are likely other names that will pop up.

Dan Enos excerpt
— We’ve said it before several times that Alabama isn’t for everyone and that was certainly the case with Dan Enos. The former Alabama QB coach was set to become the offensive coordinator and in fact sat in with Saban and even helped conduct several interviews with potential offensive hires before up and leaving for Miami without notice. Sources close to at least two college coaches who were interviewed for jobs at Alabama said that Enos conducted the interviews as if he was staying and they were shocked when he left for Miami.

On a side note, sources close to Enos indicated he thought Hurts would follow him to Miami, which obviously didn’t happen. But it was interesting that sources close to Hurts believe Miami was never actually in it other than as a courtesy. Maryland finished second to Oklahoma backing that claim.

Advertisement
Not suprising if you read the reports that Saban didn't like the way Kul coached. Saban wants to dominate the LOS by holding up blocks but Kul likes his players to dominate by penetrating the LOS. Kul is the reason why Quienne shined so bright and Raekwons light dimmed this season.

This is why I was surprised when Kul went to Bama. The contrast of styles just didn't make sense for Saban scheme. It kind felt like Saban picked up Kul just to get him out of Miami

Listen 2 The Legend. Tried to tell you guys Tool was past his prime. He was the DL version of Rickety. I knew Jess would be an upgrade, and that’s exactly what he is.
Mr Franchise, Dr Legend...whatever you would like to be called. I have to say this. The other thread was blocked for whatever reason. Weakness? Tackiness? Lack of grit? I can’t say. What I can say is thank you for your years of intelligent wit and comedic prose. You have given so much laughter over the years and your defense of tdub might have reached an all time high this evening. Those who don’t understand it are lacking somehow. Bill Shakespeare himself would be remiss not to at least bow to his knees and deliver the royal gumjob. Great work again. It’s appreciated more than you know.

Advertisement
This is why I was surprised when Kul went to Bama. The contrast of styles just didn't make sense for Saban scheme. It kind felt like Saban picked up Kul just to get him out of Miami
I disagree with you. It's easy to see why Kul wemt to Bama, 750K/year and Bama is a job the fast tracks coaches to head coach positions. Their style do clash. I thought it would work out due to Bama being uber talented but Clemson changed that. Lol

Could explain why it seemed our backers took a step back. The o lineman just simply climbed to the backers.

Everything starts up front. There is a reason everyone made a big deal about Clemson's DL coming back. Notice how no one takes about Clemson's LBs.

As for the LBer's they just seem a step to slow. In a defense like ours you have to close to the ball quick and be sure tacklers and they aren't doing it at a good enough level when we play physical team. They were as freshman then they gradually got worse.

Advertisement
TgGrTsD.gif

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back