Kris Bogle

That's the worst injury in sports other than a spinal. I hope a speedy recovery. On the bright side this has to increase UM's shot to land him. I don't see huge bags being dropped for him with a major knee injury.
Technology has made acl comebacks a little more common than they once were though

Advertisement
**** didn’t he say that he really wanted to win State this year, has this kid ever won state with cardinal gibbons during his hs tenure?

I’m not even thinking about his recruitment right now. This won’t affect his life outside of football but his ability to play football definitely does and this affects that. That’s all we should think about at the moment although we all hope to be a cane.

Advertisement
If we looking at it from a realist standpoint this would give us the opportunity to probably shirt him as most have wanted due to his light frame.

Either way right now this is terrible for him. Praying for a recovery.

Advertisement
I am sure the Canes and CMR will stick with him but that’s exactly why these kids are fools for stringing the commitment out till NSD. They all think they are bulletproof...
Your statement is a little off. If he was committed to lets say Bama right now they could still move on from him because you're not truly a commit until that LOI is signed and delivered.

Prayers out for that young man. Who cares about recruitment at this time. I pray for his physical and mental health.

Technology has made acl comebacks a little more common than they once were though
Frank Gore is my hero. That being said, for every Gore, there’s a Jamal Anderson and a Terrell Davis. I know firsthand and tore ACLs in both knees playing the game. It’s a horrible injury that takes at least year to come back. Bogle’s got a shot to play next season but it’s more than likely he’ll redshirt if it’s an ACL. I wish him luck and that it’s just an ACL, not meniscus’s or MCL along with it.

Last edited:
Your statement is a little off. If he was committed to lets say Bama right now they could still move on from him because you're not truly a commit until that LOI is signed and delivered.
Your 💯 correct. TS and these other kids should take notice because UGAy would drop him too if he tore up his knee as well.

Advertisement
Frank Gore is my hero. That being said, for every Gore, there’s a Jamal Anderson and a Terrell Davis. I know firsthand and tore ACLs in both knees playing the game. It’s a horrible injury that takes at least year to come back. Bogle’s got a shot to play next season but it’s more than likely he’ll redshirt if it’s an ACL. I wish him luck and that it’s just an ACL, not meniscus’s or MCL along with it.

Anderson Davis and Gore were all like 15+ years ago. A lot of advancements since then

ACL is nothing now unless it’s a 2nd tear. Medical advancements have changed how ACL tears are viewed. It’s only bad if it’s also coupled with other trauma to the knee.

Advertisement
ACL is nothing now unless it’s a 2nd tear. Medical advancements have changed how ACL tears are viewed. It’s only bad if it’s also coupled with other trauma to the knee.
still takes almost a year to recover from and then you have to regain strength and confidence on the knee

The younger you are the faster you bounce back from an ACL tear.

He should be good to go by the second half of the season. Cager tore his ACL around this time two years ago. Look at how he performed in the first half of last season vs. the second.

Which is fine for Bogle. He will be ready to contribute down the stretch and then be full go for his second year after Garvin goes to the NFL.

You've obviously never torn your ACL. The procedures have not changed much in the past 15 years. They use your patellar tendon if you plan on playing sports at a high level. That's been the same for 30 years. The biggest difference from 30 years ago to 15 is they don't use metal screws and the cut is less invasive. The tools are better so the incisions are smaller. That's about it.

Advertisement
Back