Kris Bogle

Advertisement
You've obviously never torn your ACL. The procedures have not changed much in the past 15 years. They use your patellar tendon if you plan on playing sports at a high level. That's been the same for 30 years. The biggest difference from 30 years ago to 15 is they don't use metal screws and the cut is less invasive. The tools are better so the incisions are smaller. That's about it.

Tore my ACL & meniscus in the summer of 2001. And yes there have been major advancements, including as you mentioned not as an invasive operation & no metal screws, which contributed to long term trauma to the knee & difficulty returning to 100% compared to now. The fact that it’s become such a quick outpatient procedure tells you all you need to know.

In the 80s and early 90s an ACL tear was basically a career ender, but since then with advancements it’s looked at as something that isn’t an issue. Still takes time to rehab, but no, once you’re rehabbed it’s not a big deal.

If you still don’t understand that ask Melvin Bratton, Boobie Miles, etc., about how medicine has evolved in dealing with ACL tears.

You've obviously never torn your ACL. The procedures have not changed much in the past 15 years. They use your patellar tendon if you plan on playing sports at a high level. That's been the same for 30 years. The biggest difference from 30 years ago to 15 is they don't use metal screws and the cut is less invasive. The tools are better so the incisions are smaller. That's about it.

What has improved the most is the rehab process, the surgery like you said has been the same for 15 years. Also they now wait 10-20 days for the swelling to go down, used to do surgery next day, so you get confidence back in your leg before the surgery. 2 traumatic events on your leg back to back affect you mentally as well as physically. Hoping for the best with Kris.

That’s incorrect. They use cadavers, especially in athletes as to not make the knee more unstable by taking 1/3 of The patellar tendon. Speaking from experience. Way better results that way.

Has anyone confirmed that he’s actually torn his ACL?

Steer and Berrios tore their ACL’s senior year even later than Bogle and Berrios played freshman year a lot and Steed could have played but Miami had solid depth and didn’t wanna rush him back I’m sure.

Advertisement
Y'all are speculating on something that's not been confirmed yet. It also takes a couple days at least a day to do a proper MRI.

On the surgical side, one of the "advancements" has been bioabsorbable screws and their only real benefits have to do with clearer MRI follow up and easier revision surgery, when necessary. They really don't promote faster healing. What does look very promising is bridge-enhanced ACL repair (BEAR) technique with potential return to full strength at 3-4 months, but this is still in the investigational stages.

That’s incorrect. They use cadavers, especially in athletes as to not make the knee more unstable by taking 1/3 of The patellar tendon. Speaking from experience. Way better results that way.

You couldn't be more wrong. Cadavers are absolutely not preferred over the tendon for athletes. Cadavers have an easier recovery and are used for people that do not participate in pro sports. It's a proven fact cadavers have a much higher failure rate. See any study ever. This is from the first page on google for starters...

What is the best ACL surgery for athletes?
Our panel is in agreement: Allografts (cadaver) grafts are probably a poor choice in an athletic population. Hamstring grafts are a good choice, but might cause weakness – if both of them are used. Patella tendon grafts are also a strong choice, but might raise the risk of residual pain in the front of the knee.Jan 6, 2016

This is incorrect. Allografts (e.g. cadaveric grafts) have a higher rerupture rate and don't have a faster return to full activity. They do offer less morbidity, however. In high level athletes, a native patellar tendon-bone graft (autograft) is preferred.

Advertisement
You couldn't be more wrong. Cadavers are absolutely not preferred over the tendon for athletes. Cadavers have an easier recovery and are used for people that do not participate in pro sports. It's a proven fact cadavers have a much higher failure rate. See any study ever.
I have a cadavers due my surgery being my senior year of HS and I was not planning on playing football beyond HS. It sucks and pops and the stability is far less than my right knee.

I have a cadavers due my surgery being my senior year of HS and I was not planning on playing football beyond HS. It sucks and pops and the stability is far less than my right knee.

I know. I have a cadaver ACL in my left knee and a piece of my patellar tendon as an ACL in my right. The right knee with the tendon is much stronger.

Take him and help him rehab through are program as soon as he enroll. Hopefully he enrolls early to take advantage of a college rehab program. No rush to get him on the field. He will be an impact player in the future either way. Kid is that good.
Unfortunately can’t enroll early coming from Gibbons

Freshman day at Gibbons, electricity went out so no AC or internet, a lot of the coaches also teach so they had to scramble to get thru the day. No news on how bad the injury is.
Please take this for what its worth but speaking with Margo she did not think it was his ACL, (Margo ((Ast AD)) blew her ACL playing soccer at Gibbons, so she has a little history on the injury. Other players/students also didnt say they thought it was his ACL. The game was against Key West at Key West, and any body that has ever played down there knows how hostile of an environment it is. I had batteries thrown at me at first base and little kids throwing cups of soda on me.
They said his knee bent backwards and that the play was questionable. As someone said have to wait for swelling to go down to see MRI, but from what I heard, there was not a "dooms day scenerio when people were talking about his injury.
Like I said, this is all just what is being said, have not talked to the coaches

Advertisement
Freshman day at Gibbons, electricity went out so no AC or internet, a lot of the coaches also teach so they had to scramble to get thru the day. No news on how bad the injury is.
Please take this for what its worth but speaking with Margo she did not think it was his ACL, (Margo ((Ast AD)) blew her ACL playing soccer at Gibbons, so she has a little history on the injury. Other players/students also didnt say they thought it was his ACL. The game was against Key West at Key West, and any body that has ever played down there knows how hostile of an environment it is. I had batteries thrown at me at first base and little kids throwing cups of soda on me.
They said his knee bent backwards and that the play was questionable. As someone said have to wait for swelling to go down to see MRI, but from what I heard, there was not a "dooms day scenerio when people were talking about his injury.
Like I said, this is all just what is being said, have not talked to the coaches
Playing at key west is the worst their fans are scums ... it’s always a home cooking down there .. the refs are all born and raised there really wish the FHSAA would look into down there

I remember a few years back a couple of their starting running backs got arrested for breaking into cars but played 3 days later in the next game ... they run the triple option so they probably did some **** **** to bogle

You guys with the cadaver tendons ever worry about becoming a zombie? Asking for a friend.

Advertisement
Most athletes actually come back stronger about 12 months removed from surgery.

Kid is still a take all day long unless his **** leg got amputated.

Had a basketball player (let team to state title, RJ was on the team) leave before his senior year bc Gibbons would not let him graduate early.
True. Was also 18 when junior year ended so he wanted to reclassify

You guys with the cadaver tendons ever worry about becoming a zombie? Asking for a friend.
Man when I had my acl done the cadaver was an option. It freaked me out too much and they used my hamstring instead.

Advertisement
Back