Yes Frierson and Ivey were great pick ups along with Rousseau and Nesta, but none were 5star talents that Baga and UGA were throwing huge bag$ at.
The ones that were that caliber ended up there (Jobe and Campbell).
I do not believe that Surtain chose Baga b/c of bag$ though, he was always about the $EC and L$U, and if they weren't horrible last year he would be a tiger, and he was already a millionaire.
Yes UGA wanted Frierson, but I don't believe they offered big bag$ b/c #1 he wasn't looked at as that caliber of recruit throughout the cycle, and #2 he is Frank Gore's cousin, and schools probably didn't want to get caught with someone with such close ties to Miami.
IMO that is the same reason that I don't think Richard is being offered the type of bag$ he would if he had no family ties to UM.
The guys down here that are being offered the big bag$ this cycle IMO are Stevenson, Lad$on and Bogle.
And again, not all kids are on the take, but most that are offered that type of money are.