Kool talks Dline class + Courtel NOT transferring

Advertisement
Jenkins played his *** off against WVU. If him and Norton can stop the dumb penalties they are going to **** **** up.

Advertisement
I wish Courtel, Moten or Mcintosh had gotten a RS their first year. Hopefully, it works itself out.

I got reamed for saying basically the same thing 3 years ago.

I don't think we had that luxury 3 years ago.

Gorlden was at the helm. We had every luxury one could imagine.

Golden might have been a terrible coach, but he did have about 72 players on his roster. He didn't have that luxury to RS players as much as he would have wanted too. Not defending Golden, but those self imposed penalties did hurt the development of some good players, that were thrown into the fire before they were ready

That boy dj Johnson with offers from everywhere in the country from CALI.... top 5 de recruited his self to Miami.... can't buy loyalty man. I wish more of these south Florida kids were like that... glad we got the south Florida kids we got though especially bandy. All this did was remove the fakes out... if you ain't cane gang then you can't hang period.. not harping over who don't come no more. F_ck them

best thing i read. dude CALLED US. "would you be interested". with over 100 offers. LMAO. new favorite young guy on the squad.

Very glad Courtel is coming back - he and Norton are beasts and it's not easy to find guys who are that stout and disruptive.

Also 1 other thing to keep in mind, odds are someone will get injured, even if it's only a partial year type injury, and there will be incentive for that player to come back in 2018 to boost their draft stock (even if it means a possible redshirt if it's 1 of the seniors). It'd be really huge to return even 1 of Moten, McIntosh, Norton, Courtel or Willis after this season. Losing all 5 of them would suck.

Dline is absolutely stacked.

Crazy to think DJ and Garvin might not play much due to the beasts we have in front of them.

Awesome that Courtel is coming back. He's always flashed great potential

Advertisement

Crazy to think DJ and Garvin might not play much due to the beasts we have in front of them.

Just like the old days when we had future HOF's like Vince, Gore, and ST playing back up.

What an insane amount of talent at DE:

Chad Thomas/D-Jax/Bethel/DJ Johnson
Joe Jackson/Trent Harris/Patchan/Jon Garvin

(Don't pay mind to where I put the Frosh. They just haven't taken a snap yet)

WTF, man!

Would you say it is the best in the country?
Looked through Bama's depth chart. Also Clemson's. I think it's a Top 3-5 DL in the country and has the highest ceiling in terms of growth. We're still projecting some of our young guys more than other schools.

I forgot about Tool Box, D. Jax and Patchan. We got the making of an elite defense with elite backups. Given it the second year in the system and practices, I suspect they all will be even better this time around. Our LB'ers also proved to be elite. I expect our young secondary to be better and faster with the additions of Dean and Bandy at CB. DE will be the best competition, D. Jax, Patchan, Chad, Joe Jack, Tool Box, DJ and Garvin! I would say red shirt GArvin and DJ, but if they earn playing time, hey!

Advertisement
Personally i think we should go with a 1 DT, 3 DE alignment. To prepare for next year when we lose a lot of our good DT.

2018 starting DL=

WDE -----Patchan - Garvin
DT--------Ford - Martin - Fines
SLASH----D Jackson - Bethel
SDE-------J Jackson - DJ Johnson

The slash position is something i made up that denotes a fast, quick twitch 265lb ish DT that can evade fat lumbering interior OL and wreak havoc in the backfield.

Advertisement

Just like the old days when we had future HOF's like Vince, Gore, and ST playing back up.

Yup, it's why I hate when posters rationalize losing recruits with the tired, well we have so and so we will be fine. I want every unit to look like our DE depth chart. I wanna do what Bama just did at WR, where we take everyone and it doesn't even make sense.

What an insane amount of talent at DE:

Chad Thomas/D-Jax/Bethel/DJ Johnson
Joe Jackson/Trent Harris/Patchan/Jon Garvin

(Don't pay mind to where I put the Frosh. They just haven't taken a snap yet)

WTF, man!

Would you say it is the best in the country?
Looked through Bama's depth chart. Also Clemson's. I think it's a Top 3-5 DL in the country and has the highest ceiling in terms of growth. We're still projecting some of our young guys more than other schools.
Bama fans were worried about their depth on the dline for whatever reason if they didn't land Mathis and ray

Advertisement
Back