KNIGHTON

Funny you said pro set I watched the Chiefs because I live in K.C and alot of the same formations we use they use. I watched Texans, Chiefs and Patriots play Baltimore they all used a defensive end at times or a line backer to spy Jackson. I saw Khalil Mack covering a receiver in the Rams game the other day never once did I think it was odd because a formation can dictate that because of blitzes etc those are things you have to know and understand . So what am I missing? If we do it our coaches dont know **** but in the nfl if they do it then....... what I'm confused. I get what your saying because I know football alot of the things your bringing up our actually common. Just to go a little further then I'll leave it to you where you go with this. We run three tight ends, 5 wide, spread, pro set, double tight, wild cat, twins, do you want me to stop??? Last year we did the same formation every down
All those defenses are 3-4. In which the DE/OLB will be in coverage at times.

Advertisement
What I was trying to get across was what teams dont run pro formations, what teams dont spy with defensive end, etc etc. People on this board act like if we do something its totally wrong everyone is doing similar things.

If you think the spread is not more effective than Pro Set and it’s ok to have your best pass rusher covering WR’s then idk what to tell you. Do more research.

UNC is getting a 5 star and is jumping back over us. Can’t remember the name right now. That said their class is almost full so it will be close. Either way, we shouldn’t be battling with them for rankings. They had like 2 wins last year and a losing record this year.

And I know it wasn’t you who said it but throwing the “Mack Brown is an experienced HC coach and this is Manny’s 1st year” thing out there is the worst argument. It vindicates the point that we should have hired an experienced HC not a guy getting his chance to cut his teeth at Temple. See Matt Rhule, for example.
Mack Brown is one of the best recruiters in the history of college football. He’s right there with Bowden, Carroll, and Saban.

Beat Pitt on the road. Smacked L'ville who turned round the next week and slapped NC St.

Baby steps. I'm no longer all in on Diaz, but I refuse to mope around because he's not prime Jimmy Johnson out of the gate.

Funny part about this is Jimmy Johnson wasn't prime Jimmy Johnson out of the gate.

Miami won the national championship in 1983.

Jimmy Johnson went 8-5 in 1984. Yes, the defending national champions lost 5 games the following year.

Imagine this board were that to happen today.

Funny part about this is Jimmy Johnson wasn't prime Jimmy Johnson out of the gate.

Jimmy Johnson went 8-5 in 1984. Yes, the defending national champions lost 5 games the following year.

BB5CD588-4070-44EA-BE2A-2E72A9EC461F.jpeg

Advertisement
Mack Brown is one of the best recruiters in the history of college football. He’s right there with Bowden, Carroll, and Saban.
I put him a tier below the guys you mentioned.

Mack wasn't quite the evaluator as the guys you mentioned. Missed on guys like RG3, Adrian Peterson, Ladanian Tomlinson, Andrew Luck, Johnny Manziel, Michael Crabtree, etc. It's not so much that he missed on those guys (you can't get everybody), it's that he picked other (lesser) guys over them. He almost botched Vince Young's recruitment (had to be hammered into taking him).

I'd also put Jimmy and Butch in that Tier 1. Jimmy might be the best ever imo.

Advertisement
“RB Jaylan Knighton – Miami got the Top247 running back out of Deerfield Beach and his parents on campus Monday for unofficial visit. It wasn't the first time that the family spent some time in Coral Gables as we know that there was at least one secret visit that went down back in the spring months in addition to the ones that were widely reported. Knighton hasn't named a top group of school since decomitting from Florida State earlier this month, but has stated that the Hurricanes will likely get an official visit from him before a final decision is made. Right now the biggest threat to Miami in the recruitment appears to be Florida although Ohio State and LSU are both believed to be interested. Knighton plans to enroll early which means he really doesn't have a lot of time to figure things out.”

Beat Pitt on the road. Smacked L'ville who turned round the next week and slapped NC St.

Baby steps. I'm no longer all in on Diaz, but I refuse to mope around because he's not prime Jimmy Johnson out of the gate.
Exactly, dude is a 1st year head coach

Jimmy was forced to keep most of the staff from previous previous regime, wasn’t he? He then made changes with that staff after losing those 5 games and the rest is history. Apples and Oranges. Díaz isn’t cut from the same cloth as JJ.

Also, look at that 84 schedule. Good, god.Talk about brutal. Are we really comparing those two examples? Massive fail.

Advertisement
Texas has had success within the last few years, so has Washington those teams have been very successful recently. We haven't. Mack Brown is at N.C he's a big name. Dont let what's happening at this moment outweigh the final outcome. We will be more than fine. Keep in mind the area we recruit. Our homebase your dealing with dikc riding kids that would go to Alaska to play if they won a championship. We're improving we have some ways to go but we're on course to get there. Keep in mind we have a 1st year head coach you mentioned all veteran staffs. Trust me we will get there. Our time is coming rather you see or not were close.

I know that you are trying hard to fight back a wave of moping, but making **** up to try and defend UM's recruiting is always a bad look. Arguing Texas has been "very successful recently" compared to Miami is plain BS. I don't know what you consider "success" or "the last few years," but here's the last five seasons for both schools:

Texas
2019: 6-4
2018: 10-4
2017: 7-6
2016: 5-7
2015: 5-7

UM
2018: 7-6
2017: 10-3
2016: 9-4
2015: 8-5

Over the last 3 years, our records are nearly identical (we're a little better, because they have an extra loss). Over the last 5 years, our overall record is much better than theirs. Also, Texas's last division title win was in 2009. UM won the coastal in 2017.

Why does Texas kill it in recruiting compared to UM? They have a huge pool of alumni boosters willing to put $$$ out there. They have the Longhorn Network, so there is $$$ and exposure. They have some cache from their glory years, giving them a national profile and making them somewhat relevant (even when they suck). And they have a huge in-state pool of recruits (16 of their 18 recruits are from Texas). I also suspect Tom Herman has more recruiting clout than Manny Diaz. And I know Stan Drayton is a better recruiter than anyone on our staff.

But it has nothing to do with them being more successful on the field than Miami, because they simply haven't been over the last few years.

I know that you are trying hard to fight back a wave of moping, but making **** up to try and defend UM's recruiting is always a bad look. Arguing Texas has been "very successful recently" compared to Miami is plain BS. I don't know what you consider "success" or "the last few years," but here's the last five seasons for both schools:

Texas
2018: 10-4
2017: 7-6
2016: 5-7
2015: 5-7

UM
2018: 7-6
2017: 10-3
2016: 9-4
2015: 8-5

Over the last 3 years, our records are nearly identical (we're a little better, because they have an extra loss). Over the last 5 years, our overall record is much better than theirs. Also, Texas's last division title win was in 2009. UM won the coastal in 2017.

Why does Texas kill it in recruiting compared to UM? They have a huge pool of alumni boosters willing to put $$$ out there. They have the Longhorn Network, so there is $$$ and exposure. They have some cache from their glory years, giving them a national profile and making them somewhat relevant (even when they suck). And they have a huge in-state pool of recruits (16 of their 18 recruits are from Texas). I also suspect Tom Herman has more recruiting clout than Manny Diaz. And I know Stan Drayton is a better recruiter than anyone on our staff.

But it has nothing to do with them being more successful on the field than Miami, because they simply haven't been over the last few years.

When was Texas last National Championship compared to ours? Texas has been to two National Championship games recently, UM 0

how do the two influence each other. One is a SDE the other a SAM or WILL.

IDK But there's been a lot of discussion on their 247 board about it. It seems like a lot of fans are unhappy Dabo hasn't offered Simpson. The reasoning seems to be their class is small this cycle and it's an either or situation with Burch or Simpson.

Advertisement
If you think the spread is not more effective than Pro Set and it’s ok to have your best pass rusher covering WR’s then idk what to tell you. Do more research.

So why are you a fan of the U if were the only team in college doing "everything wrong"

When was Texas last National Championship compared to ours? Texas has been to two National Championship games recently, UM 0

You want to go back to their last win in 2005 with Vince Young, when the kids we are currently recruiting were still in diapers? Or the loss to Alabama in 2009, when the kids we are recruiting in this class were 8 years old? That's the last few years to you?? That's "very recent" history to you? GTFOH with that nonsense and stop trying so hard to cape for the staff... it has completely ruined your credibility on this board.

Advertisement
Back