KNIGHTON

**** if does damned if he dont. He loses he sucks he wins he sucks. Have to start somewhere. Finish the regular season 8-4 that's a huge improvement from last year with momentum going into the bowl game to kick more ***. 9-4 season compared to 7-6 is major progress. Go into the next season with a two deep on offense and defense and we can start talking about a 1 loss type season or possibly undefeated. We have a qb, we have a defensive leader and we have solid coaches.

We have a staff that is still stuck in the 90’s with the pro set. A staff who uses Garvin as a spy and Rousoua covering WR’s. Forgive me if I don’t buy the hype.

Advertisement
We have a staff that is still stuck in the 90’s with the pro set. A staff who uses Garvin as a spy and Rousoua covering WR’s. Forgive me if I don’t buy the hype.

Funny you said pro set I watched the Chiefs because I live in K.C and alot of the same formations we use they use. I watched Texans, Chiefs and Patriots play Baltimore they all used a defensive end at times or a line backer to spy Jackson. I saw Khalil Mack covering a receiver in the Rams game the other day never once did I think it was odd because a formation can dictate that because of blitzes etc those are things you have to know and understand . So what am I missing? If we do it our coaches dont know **** but in the nfl if they do it then....... what I'm confused. I get what your saying because I know football alot of the things your bringing up our actually common. Just to go a little further then I'll leave it to you where you go with this. We run three tight ends, 5 wide, spread, pro set, double tight, wild cat, twins, do you want me to stop??? Last year we did the same formation every down

Coming off a 7-6 season..... we should be thankful to have the recruits we have. "Bump year" kids want to see improvement before they believe in the program. Manny is doing that. Ranked 17th at the moment.

Texas is 6-4 and is 6 in recruiting
TAMU 7-3 with UGa and LSU left. Will be 7-5. 7 in recruiting
Washington 6-4 and ranked 14
UNC 4-6 and ranked 16.

Weird how it only affects us

UNC 4-6 and ranked 16.

Texas has had success within the last few years, so has Washington those teams have been very successful recently. We haven't. Mack Brown is at N.C he's a big name. Dont let what's happening at this moment outweigh the final outcome. We will be more than fine. Keep in mind the area we recruit. Our homebase your dealing with dikc riding kids that would go to Alaska to play if they won a championship. We're improving we have some ways to go but we're on course to get there. Keep in mind we have a 1st year head coach you mentioned all veteran staffs. Trust me we will get there. Our time is coming rather you see or not were close.

UNC 4-6 and ranked 16.

lol we're 17 on 247. what an... interesting cut off point you chose. the difference between 14, 16, 17 is meaningless. we're jumping UNC on friday anyway once worsham commits so you might not want to use them as an example.

Advertisement
Funny you said pro set I watched the Chiefs because I live in K.C and alot of the same formations we use they use. I watched Texans, Chiefs and Patriots play Baltimore they all used a defensive end at times or a line backer to spy Jackson. I saw Khalil Mack covering a receiver in the Rams game the other day never once did I think it was odd because a formation can dictate that because of blitzes etc those are things you have to know and understand . So what am I missing? If we do it our coaches dont know **** but in the nfl if they do it then....... what I'm confused. I get what your saying because I know football alot of the things your bringing up our actually common. Just to go a little further then I'll leave it to you where you go with this. We run three tight ends, 5 wide, spread, pro set, double tight, wild cat, twins, do you want me to stop??? Last year we did the same formation every down
NFL hasn't caught up yet.... simple.

Are NFL OCs trekking to Pullman offseason to see the Guru?

Advertisement
Wait.... where do u live in KC? I live in KC. As a matter of fact, I work for RideKC. Lol
P.S. I watch a lot of Andy Reid and Doug Pederson (eagles fan, but love Andy Reid as well). You mention his formations. Which is true. BUT...... look at the athletes they have in comparison. I don't really like comparing college to NFL teams, but, the Chefs have those athletes to where they can run those formations with the cheetah, Sammy, DeMarcus, their RB by committee (D. William's and Shady), their FB Richard Sherman and Travis Kelce (side note, I **** in his toilet in his condo by the downtown library when I was helping paint it... lol). Let alone, a Pat at QB. And a HC/OC who can call a game (unless they play the Patriots when it matters the most). Also, Khalil Mack may play DE for Chicago, but he was drafted as a rush 3-4 OLB, so he has experience dropping into coverage. Also Steve Spags D (which is nothing more than a Jim Johnson 4-3 zone blitz scheme, whom he learned under) requires an athletic DE to be able to drop into coverage or spy, which I have seen a lot.
But I understand the comparisons, I just know we aren't disciplined and consistent enough to do what NFL teams do yet.

Last edited:
Wait.... where do u live in KC? I live in KC. As a matter of fact, I work for RideKC. Lol
P.S. I watch a lot of Andy Reid and Doug Pederson (eagles fan, but love Andy Reid as well). You mention his formations. Which is true. BUT...... look at the athletes they have in comparison. I don't really like comparing college to NFL teams, but, the Chefs have those athletes to where they can run those formations with the cheetah, Sammy, DeMarcus, their RB by committee (D. William's and Shady), their FB Richard Sherman and Travis Kelce (side note, I **** in his toilet in his condo by the downtown library when I was helping paint it... lol). Let alone, a Pat at QB. And a HC/OC who can call a game (unless they play the Patriots when it matters the most). Also, Khalil Mack may play DE for Chicago, but he was drafted as a rush 3-4 OLB, so he has experience dropping into coverage. Also Steve Spags D (which is nothing more than a Jim Johnson 4-3 zone blitz scheme, whom he learned under) requires an athletic DE to be able to drop into coverage or spy, which I have seen a lot.
But I understand the comparisons, I just know we aren't disciplined and consistent enough to do what NFL teams do yet.
What I was trying to get across was what teams dont run pro formations, what teams dont spy with defensive end, etc etc. People on this board act like if we do something its totally wrong everyone is doing similar things.

Advertisement
What I was trying to get across was what teams dont run pro formations, what teams dont spy with defensive end, etc etc. People on this board act like if we do something its totally wrong everyone is doing similar things.
Still ain't answer my first question.
I live in Kansas City. 👀

lol we're 17 on 247. what an... interesting cut off point you chose. the difference between 14, 16, 17 is meaningless. we're jumping UNC on friday anyway once worsham commits so you might not want to use them as an example.
UNC is getting a 5 star and is jumping back over us. Can’t remember the name right now. That said their class is almost full so it will be close. Either way, we shouldn’t be battling with them for rankings. They had like 2 wins last year and a losing record this year.

And I know it wasn’t you who said it but throwing the “Mack Brown is an experienced HC coach and this is Manny’s 1st year” thing out there is the worst argument. It vindicates the point that we should have hired an experienced HC not a guy getting his chance to cut his teeth at Temple. See Matt Rhule, for example.

Last edited:
UNC is getting a 5 star and is jumping back over us. Can’t remember the name right now. That said their class is almost full so it will be close. Either way, we shouldn’t be battling with them for rankings. They had like 2 wins last year and a losing record this year.

And I know it wasn’t you who said it but throwing the “Mack Brown is an experienced HC coach and this is Manny’s 1st year” thing out there is the worst argument. It vindicates the point that we should have hired an experienced HC not a guy getting his chance to cut his teeth at Temple. See Matt Rhule, for example.

Trenton Simpson. Kid really wants the Clemson offer but they won't give it until they know if Jordan Burch is committing to them.

Advertisement
But where are you in KC? I was there years ago - Hayward’s, Arthur Bryant’s, Rosedale, Gates - I did them all. If there’s a place called Smokestack I hit that too plus a place near Overland Park or Leewood. Had a great steak at Plaza 3 steakhouse if that’s still there.

I don’t think he’s doing it. What has he done? Won 3 games to teams who combine 12 losses so far this season? C’mon.
Beat Pitt on the road. Smacked L'ville who turned round the next week and slapped NC St.

Baby steps. I'm no longer all in on Diaz, but I refuse to mope around because he's not prime Jimmy Johnson out of the gate.

I doubt it was ever very good. Once the SEC put together their business plan in the early 2000 - 2002 time frame, we were going to start losing recruits.

I’ve said it 1 million times, the school had to beg for the last $500,000 for the IPF. At schools in the SEC, they will get that in about 5 minutes. It took us about six months.

That just shows that their fan base is much more willing to put up the big bucks in our fan base. By a large margin. And boosters are nothing more than fans with a ton of money. They’re not even BOT members. Boosters are the people that make things happen with recruits.

You can blame the administration for coaching hires, you can blame them for not spending enough money on coaches or analysts or anything that happens inside the University. But not for bags.
Exactly. You've got boosters in Alabama that without even being asked and without it being part of his contract, years ago just decided to pay off the last few million dollars of Saban's mortgage as a thank you to him, in addition to the millions/year that they provide to pay his enormous salary. Miami is minor leagues compared to the big programs when it comes to booster money for LEGITIMATE, LEGAL uses.....imagine how little capability we have when it comes to the behind the scenes, illegal stuff! If the program supporters for Miami aren't even willing or capable of putting out anywhere near what the big program supporters do, why would anyone think they would risk their reputations to be putting it in illegally? Bottom line is we are a small/mid-size private school in a large, international city that doesn't really care about college football.

The bears run a 3-4

Advertisement
Back