KNIGHTON

Advertisement
Again, not sure why everyone keeps spinning this in a million different directions from the ACTUAL WORDS that Coach Macho used.

"Recruit's mother" and "HS assistant coaches" are two different target groups that may get different treatment from staff.

To sum things up in the simplest way - I don't care if Deerfield hasn't sent us a player in 30 years, we have a new staff, we have Restrepo transferring to Deerfield, DB has a RELATIVELY new head coach (only since 2015), let's not surrender without a fight, let's make an effort, and if we still can't land any DB kids over the next couple of cycles, we can always focus on other schools.

I still think that Macho's point on younger kids is relevant. If DB has a couple of 2022 kids, how does it hurt us to get on them early?

Just my 2 cents.

Hasn't always helped us being early on kids lately either lol The trend with these SoFla kids is not being their first commitment 2 years out. They 100% aren't sticking to that first ultra early verbal. It's not just with Miami either. UF has lost a few kids like Ladson and Stevenson who committed really early.

It's strange that these SEC coaches know whose who before we do. How about when a Miami coach comes to your school, let them know who they should check out. It reminds me of how they take these kids on these bus tours through SEC country but then we have kids like Jones-Bell saying he couldn't find a ride to Miami. Lol Miami is held to different standard down here.

Last edited:
It doesn’t really work like that. Plus every coach is talking about their “elite” prospect, even if they aren’t. I don’t see why some people are shocked by what Macho is saying. He’s just sharing his observations. Let’s not pretend we had coaches talking about Edge’s nephew at Sebring. A kid we ignored until Bana, Auburn and UGA showed up. Our staff isn’t perfect. They aren’t trash, they just aren’t perfect. Although it’s a flawed approach, maybe they felt that they got the player they wanted from Deerfield, now they are ready to move on. Some of you proposing that Macho initiate a convo and introduce his players is a bit unrealistic. The staff knows who is on the team (Deerfield? They know who is out there.), they just aren’t prioritizing them for whatever reason. Whether it’s 2020 or 2023.

I understand they know who they are but there are what usually 100 kids per team multiply that schools per district then per state and more.

Do you think a staff of 50 plus will know every kid? Elite or not, it should be part of a coaches job to talk to college coaches about each kid. Not the other way around.
The high school coach should getting in good grace of these college coaches. One it could help there kid go to college and even in the future help that high school coach get a job at the college level.

Especially if it's the team you root for. The high school coach should be in there ear everytime he/she could about there students.

I wonder if the elite schools act like us or like UCF. A UCF school that would take anybody to there school. Of course they will act as there best friends, they know they need to work 500times harder than the 3 in state schools.

Im.not telling anyone how to there jobs. I just giving an opinion on sales period. If you have the product(students), you should be selling the **** out of it to every client(school) you can. Not the other way around.

Advertisement
Actually, Macho’s info directly contradicts what we’ve heard from a recruit’s mother on this forum.

I can’t speak for the communication with HS coaches. Wouldn’t surprise me if we communicated poorly with DB staff, but I doubt that’s the case with every HS staff.

How does it contradict what a recruits mother said? Have you considered that both could be true. It's not a binary world out there. Maybe it speaks more about consistency (or rather inconsistency) of approach than anything else.

Who said it was the case with every staff? Macho didn't. He just stated his experience and what he himself observed at a coaching clinic. If it happened with every staff I doubt we'd have the class we have 3*'s or not.

If we're fighting for recruits against the likes of Bama, Clemson and Ga let alone FSU and UF, it makes sense to broaden the net particularly in our own recruiting area and establish solid relations with those staffs rather than a select few. That doesn't mean kiss the asses of people to make them feel import. It means treating people with courtesy and respect so they want to deal with you. To say "We're Miami, we don't have to treat people with respect, they should be happy we considered them" smacks of arrogance. It's not the way to open doors.

I understand they know who they are but there are what usually 100 kids per team multiply that schools per district then per state and more.

Do you think a staff of 50 plus will know every kid? Elite or not, it should be part of a coaches job to talk to college coaches about each kid. Not the other way around.
The high school coach should getting in good grace of these college coaches. One it could help there kid go to college and even in the future help that high school coach get a job at the college level.

Especially if it's the team you root for. The high school coach should be in there ear everytime he/she could about there students.

I wonder if the elite schools act like us or like UCF. A UCF school that would take anybody to there school. Of course they will act as there best friends, they know they need to work 500times harder than the 3 in state schools.

Im.not telling anyone how to there jobs. I just giving an opinion on sales period. If you have the product(students), you should be selling the **** out of it to every client(school) you can. Not the other way around.
What HS teams have ever had 100 kids on their team? Lol

I get what you’re saying. I’m saying it doesn’t work like that. Macho has been pretty open about his efforts of assisting his kids go to school.

You’re just not familiar with how recruitment goes. If some of the prospects aren’t a priority for the coaches and Macho takes your approach he could also find himself in a position that annoys the coaches and they don’t want to do anything with him. Then he’s at the rush of hurting future students. And I think he’s doing enough. If other p5 schools have taken notice then his approach is just fine. Once again there’s no way an oos program knows more about a soFlo powerhouse than UM. What Macho does won’t change that.

Advertisement
A9867CC9-0830-47DD-A9D2-F66EFB889489.gif

What you wrote is logically false. Full stop. No amount of sightings of white sheep can prove the non-existence of black sheep, as some economist logician once pointed out. It’s not just a technical distinction, either. Some people are great at dinner dates, others at relationships. No reason to think someone who is good at one will also be good at the other. And while it is possible that we are just bad with DB, it’s not clear why that is acceptable even if true - they have prospects we want, this cycle and in future cycles.

This makes no sense what so ever.

Advertisement
Why? You don't really believe this do you? Macho loyalty is DB first, he is trying to save face. Macho is also the same guy that praised Diaz for his stunts in Orlando and how Diaz had a beer with all the coaches. Now Diaz can't recruit and is distant from high school coaches? I'm not buying it.

Of course the guy isn't going to come out on a forum and say "we tell our kids to take bags". Only a complete moron would admit that on a forum.

However, him praising Diaz for one thing and then saying he is having troubles in another area is just being honest. Not sunshine pumping. Anyone with eyes can tell Diaz has trouble recruiting. Just look at him at DC, Texas, and now as HC here.

How does it contradict what a recruits mother said? Have you considered that both could be true. It's not a binary world out there. Maybe it speaks more about consistency (or rather inconsistency) of approach than anything else.

Who said it was the case with every staff? Macho didn't. He just stated his experience and what he himself observed at a coaching clinic. If it happened with every staff I doubt we'd have the class we have 3*'s or not.

If we're fighting for recruits against the likes of Bama, Clemson and Ga let alone FSU and UF, it makes sense to broaden the net particularly in our own recruiting area and establish solid relations with those staffs rather than a select few. That doesn't mean kiss the asses of people to make them feel import. It means treating people with courtesy and respect so they want to deal with you. To say "We're Miami, we don't have to treat people with respect, they should be happy we considered them" smacks of arrogance. It's not the way to open doors.

It isn't just one mother......it is virtually every kid who commits including their parents.

As if DFB is the school to do this with to begin with. The day DFB consistently pushes kids to Miami I will stroke out.

Advertisement
So basically we would be ranked top 3 right now if we had the recruiting staff at USF given macho’s take.
While it may not be bs it sure doesn’t pan out considering we’re sitting better than teams that won more games than us with no staff turnover.
So somewhere in between is anyone’s guess.
But if I am a coach and a um fan I would address the staff if I had issues instead of posting it on here.
Saying manny is a poor recruiter isn’t panning out this cycle if you look at this class. Also, Manny isn’t a big name in cfb. He isn’t Kirby with Bama natty’s to his name. But he isn’t stupid either and if his position coaches are making local coaches feel unwanted it should absolutely be addressed.

Lmao. You are not very good at logic. But you clearly do emotion well.

Advertisement
Back