KNIGHTON

FWIW, those close to FSU feel that his decision to delay a commitment was in part at FSU’s direction. He had committed to taking some visits during the summer, and FSU is trying to move towards the Clemson route....when you commit, you shut it down. You don’t visit anywhere else. I’m not saying that he tried to commit to FSU, but there is a small chance that FSU encouraged him to wait until he takes his visits, because they feel very confident he will commit to them. And if he does, they’re going to ask him to not visit anywhere else.

Now, that could backfire. Maybe the kid continues to visit Miami and his affinity for FSU wanes. We shall see. Either way this one is a long way from over.

Good lord, what a GENIUS/bullsh!te explanation from F$U fans.

Sure, kid...we want you to WAIT to commit so that AFTER you commit, you don't take any more visits. And, in making you "wait" to commit, you are FREE to take FIVE visits to UM. Hey, what's the WORST that could happen?

Advertisement
Just telling y’all how they’re playing it. Or at least, trying to.

I read this on their board too. They think it's working because Bermudez took a bunch of visits - UGA, Auburn and Oklahoma for a few- and then came back to them. They are trying to cut down on the decommits late in the season. We shall see. I don't believe they told Knighton this though.

You know your school is trash if you need an HBCU to recruit athletes that wont be going to the HBCU. Its like they are pretty much saying "Dont touch the white girls at FSU but we got all the black women at the other school for you?

Advertisement
FSU will unfortunately stay alive because they are a big name school in a very good location for recruiting but that program is in trouble for the next couple of years. I mean they had arguably as much talent as we did last year (high school rankings wise they had more), a supposed offensive guru and they still struggled agaisnt even the worst teams on their schedule. I know we had a bad year but FSU is coming off two of their worst years ever. No idea what makes people think they are in a good spot right now

Depth chart plays a part in almost every kid's decision. There's nothing "chicken ****" about this kid, I promise you that.

And as I already stated, that's not the only factor.

All but a few (Bama, Clemson, OSU, etc) are helped in recruiting with favorable depth charts.

Straight from Shaq's own fathers mouth, the depth chart was favorable and a major part of his decision when picking us. The other big part was their liking Richt and his early, possibly even first, major offer when he was at Georgia.

Advertisement
I dom

i don’t get the analogy. U need a certain number of players at each position. Why not have the best possible players? After this year if Dallas leaves and burns transfers you’re left with Lingard, Davis and asa Martin. Talented? Sure! But 3 guys at one the most physically demanding positions in sports? Good luck
Where does Burns transfer? Florida Orthopedic Hospital? What chance does he have in the portal never having played due to injury?

Good lord, what a GENIUS/bullsh!te explanation from F$U fans.

Sure, kid...we want you to WAIT to commit so that AFTER you commit, you don't take any more visits. And, in making you "wait" to commit, you are FREE to take FIVE visits to UM. Hey, what's the WORST that could happen?

I laughed pretty hard when I heard it too. FSU is not in a position to be doing this. But, it’s what their staff is trying to push. Nothing Willie has done to this point has made sense or worked, so this is actually par for the course.

Last edited:
Dallas and Burns will be gone after this season.
If Dallas leaves, it will be bc the talent behind him forced his hand. Both Cam and Lingard are more talented at the position. If not for them being behind him he would be a 4 year player without a doubt. Day 3, 3rd down back in the NFL. That's not a knock on him. He is good at everything instead of being great at a few things.

Advertisement
Advertisement
If Dallas leaves, it will be bc the talent behind him forced his hand. Both Cam and Lingard are more talented at the position. If not for them being behind him he would be a 4 year player without a doubt. Day 3, 3rd down back in the NFL. That's not a knock on him. He is good at everything instead of being great at a few things.

I'm just repeating what Miami coaches are telling Knighton. Dallas is gone.

Advertisement
Back