KNIGHTON

Really? What position? Receiver when you already have Fleming, Robinson and lead for Mookie? DB when you havent seen a lot of tape there? Taking him at this point is a bad take. Now Im not saying that will always be the case but he needs to be evaluated..

Safety. Even with the limited film, I see him as a recruit with a high floor as a safety. Body type doesn't match what the staff wants to do at DB (he doesn't have the length our coaches like back there), so I understand why they are taking it slow with the evaluation process. But he is an athlete with a tough mind set and experience at WR, who by all accounts is very coachable. Not a ton of film at safety because I think he played WR all/most of last year, but he has more film on the back end as a sophomore and looked good back there.

My $.02.

Advertisement
Really? What position? Receiver when you already have Fleming, Robinson and lead for Mookie? DB when you havent seen a lot of tape there? Taking him at this point is a bad take. Now Im not saying that will always be the case but he needs to be evaluated..
You take this kid as an ATH and figure it out later.

I personally want him at Safety.

My top 2 at Safety would be 2 guys Banda has already lost in Avantae Williams and Ladarius Tennison (hope to God we get at least one of them back).

IMO we should recruit the **** out of all 3 (Restrepo included) and if all 3 want in you take them, but we all know Avantae is chasing that bag, especially now with a kid.

Restrepo would 100% play here either in the slot or at DB, and IMO is a no brainer, but our coaches do this type of **** and get burned by the $tevensons, Jobes and Campbells of the world with no legit back up plan every cycle and don't learn a **** thing.

Banda sucks at recruiting, he needs a few layups and this kid could be a diamond.

Safety. Even with the limited film, I see him as a recruit with a high floor as a safety. Body type doesn't match what the staff wants to do at DB (he doesn't have the length our coaches like back there), so I understand why they are taking it slow with the evaluation process. But he is an athlete with a tough mind set and experience at WR, who by all accounts is very coachable. Not a ton of film at safety because I think he played WR all/most of last year, but he has more film on the back end as a sophomore and looked good back there.

My $.02.
Similar body type to Jaquan Johnson who was the best Safety we have had here since probably Meriweather, Kenny Phillips, maybe Deon Bush.

You take this kid as an ATH and figure it out later.

I personally want him at Safety.

My top 2 at Safety would be 2 guys Banda has already lost in Avantae Williams and Ladarius Tennison (hope to God we get at least one of them back).

IMO we should recruit the **** out of all 3 (Restrepo included) and if all 3 want in you take them, but we all know Avantae is chasing that bag, especially now with a kid.

Restrepo would 100% play here either in the slot or at DB, and IMO is a no brainer, but our coaches do this type of **** and get burned by the $tevensons, Jobes and Campbells of the world with no legit back up plan every cycle and don't learn a **** thing.

Banda sucks at recruiting, he needs a few layups and this kid could be a diamond.
He wouldnt even be number 3 for me tbh

Advertisement
Had Restrepo at Nickle/Striker yesterday. Stud.

The kid is such a good football player that he could play any position in the back-7 on this level. (LB, CB, Safety, Nickle)
I'm having a hard time figuring out what I want to do with him.

Love hearing this. How is his range on the back end? I think nickle would be an excellent spot for him because I have heard he likes to stick his nose in and get physical. You see him everyday though so you would know better.

Advertisement
He was dead set on FSU then saw what could be in Miami and is thinking "now, wait a **** minute...."

Have to feel pretty good if Macho is saying it's an FSU/Miami race and he's been around Miami so much.

FWIW, those close to FSU feel that his decision to delay a commitment was in part at FSU’s direction. He had committed to taking some visits during the summer, and FSU is trying to move towards the Clemson route....when you commit, you shut it down. You don’t visit anywhere else. I’m not saying that he tried to commit to FSU, but there is a small chance that FSU encouraged him to wait until he takes his visits, because they feel very confident he will commit to them. And if he does, they’re going to ask him to not visit anywhere else.

Now, that could backfire. Maybe the kid continues to visit Miami and his affinity for FSU wanes. We shall see. Either way this one is a long way from over.

FWIW, those close to FSU feel that his decision to delay a commitment was in part at FSU’s direction. He had committed to taking some visits during the summer, and FSU is trying to move towards the Clemson route....when you commit, you shut it down. You don’t visit anywhere else. I’m not saying that he tried to commit to FSU, but there is a small chance that FSU encouraged him to wait until he takes his visits, because they feel very confident he will commit to them. And if he does, they’re going to ask him to not visit anywhere else.

Now, that could backfire. Maybe the kid continues to visit Miami and his affinity for FSU wanes. We shall see. Either way this one is a long way from over.
Those close to FSU or their fans?

Advertisement

But yet they are taking every DB that looks their way? Sounds about right lol

Lol. No way that coach is playing hard ball at fsu

They don’t have any power like Clemson... Only other team with luxury is bama and Satin has stopped that

Advertisement

Lol FSpooo isnt in a position to be shot calling like that!

After the egg slick willie laid last season he should be lucky to at "the table" with these kids

Advertisement
Back