KNIGHTON

Advertisement
Well it's hard for me to say. I don't know exactly what they're looking for in a Safety. I also don't know who else is on their board.

I'd also like to see him play at least 3/4 of a season at Safety before I can fairly evaluate him.

Obviously he's a bit vertically challenged but he's built very well. Thick legs, great build. He works his a$$ off and is incredibly coachable. He's got all of the intangibles. The questions will be whether he can play in space or not. Can he cover? Tackle in the open field? Diagnose routes?

I think he'll excel in those things but I'm not getting paid to extend scholarships.
Fair assessment...

Honestly I would recruit him like a very solid plan B kid all this summer and see how the beginning of his season is.. If it leaves much to be desired kinda slow the talk a bit. BUT if you do see something start picking up the heat and pressure for a commitment before everyone gets their hands on his senior film

Wonder if he is completely done with Clemson? If they miss out on bowman wonder if they kick the tires on knighton again.

Advertisement
They won’t get Rooster or Parrish watch. Rooster pushing his date back means Parrish will go elsewhere

Pretty short-sighted thinking, IMO. If Parrish wants to be here, and I believe many of us believe he does, he will come if/when Miami turns up the heat on him. Trajan Bandy was a similar situation. If you want another one from just recently, check out Darius Washington. It's April. If Knighton pushes his date back to August, which he says he's doing, and Miami doesn't want to take a commitment from Parrish until he makes his decision, that's fine. If the interest from Parrish is real, Miami will have 4 months to work him. This game is VERY fluid.

Not understanding what the rush is with Retrespo. Let the staff evaluate him and then make a decision. They will see plenty of him since every big name school in the country will be setting up shop at Deerfield this year.. Its clear they want to see what he can do at Safety. And he has little film to show seeing that STA wouldn't let him play it. Let things play out and if he balls out I am sure the offer will come.

We can't offer him based off the little bit of sophomore film they have of him at Safety when he was at Monarch and we are **** sure not offering him at slot WR with Fleming onboard.

Advertisement
You have to stack chips just Incase of injury.

Lol I can’t believe that in 2019, as adults, this needs to even be said. How moronic can people be? Honestly.

I can pair $1 million with a nickel and buy a really nice house.

But why the **** would I be OK with that if I had the opportunity to pair $1 million with ANOTHER $1 million?? This board is mind-numbing way too often.

Lol I can’t believe that in 2019, as adults, this needs to even be said. How moronic can people be? Honestly.

But why the **** would I be OK with that if I had the opportunity to pair $1 million with ANOTHER $1 million?? This board is mind-numbing way too often.
Why? Bama and Clemson aren’t stacking chips? When you have depth at each position, that’s when you can contend for Championships

I saw that FSU sent Dugans to watch Knighton practice today. Interesting.... seems like Dugans recruiting skills are being used here

Advertisement
I dom

i don’t get the analogy. U need a certain number of players at each position. Why not have the best possible players? After this year if Dallas leaves and burns transfers you’re left with Lingard, Davis and asa Martin. Talented? Sure! But 3 guys at one the most physically demanding positions in sports? Good luck

I saw that FSU sent Dugans to watch Knighton practice today. Interesting.... seems like Dugans recruiting skills are being used here
Dugans was at practice today watching "some of everybody". LOL (his exact words)

One of the coolest, most humble college coaches you'll ever meet, by the way. He ended up offering our 2021 CB Philip O'Brien, who's really blowing up lately. He's got Georgia, Auburn, NC State, FSU, etc.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back