KNIGHTON

Advertisement
Bruh common stop for a sec and think. Do you really think bama is gonna accept Restrepo commitment right now? They might be kicking the tires but he’s a plan b kid to them at best.

Don't care. Still want him as an athlete. The guy is a legit football player in every sense of the word. Tired of us getting left with our d!cks in our hands.

Bama is showing interest and kicking the tires but he's a plan B kid to us. Seems logical.
Who's to say they offer though? And if they do offer whose to say it's a commitiable one? Bama looking and Bama pushing for him are 2 different things. I'm sure we looked. We just aren't pushing at the moment.

Advertisement
There's some national curiosity surrounding Restrepo's ability, and the reason behind the curiosity is pretty sad IMO. (especially in 2019)

The HC has had to tell scouts..."Look, this kid can play!"

Transferring to Deerfield is going to improve his recruitment big time. Any kid who can start in Deerfield's WR corp is gonna get the benefit of the doubt. He'll also be playing a ton of Defense which will add more to his tape and scouts will see his athletic ability. (as opposed to be him being at STA and catching 20 balls as a slot WR)

Also, a scout that was at practice yesterday spoke about STA players being overhyped, from the media and from their own coaches. So I'm sure they wanna see if Restrepo can actually play or if he's just an overhyped white kid from STA. (which he's not)

Louisville and NC State were also at practice. NC State throwing out offers like candy. 2022 DT Alton Tarber, 2021 CB Phillip O'Brien, 2020 DE Choute Kervins, 2021 OG Isaiah Bunn and 2022 RB Jazzion Patterson all received offers.

Advertisement
There's some national curiosity surrounding Restrepo's ability, and the reason behind the curiosity is pretty sad IMO. (especially in 2019)

Transferring to Deerfield is going to improve his recruitment big time. Any kid who can start in Deerfield's WR corp is gonna get the benefit of the doubt. He'll also be playing a ton of Defense which will add more to his tape and scouts will see his athletic ability. (as opposed to be him being at STA and catching 20 balls as a slot WR)

Also, a scout that was at practice yesterday spoke about STA players being overhyped, from the media and from their own coaches. So I'm sure they wanna see if Restrepo can actually play or if he's just an overhyped white kid from STA. (which he's not)

Louisville and NC State were also at practice. NC State throwing out offers like candy. 2022 DT Alton Tarber, 2021 CB Phillip O'Brien, 2020 DE Choute Kervins, 2021 OG Isaiah Bunn and 2022 RB Jazzion Patterson all received offers.

Do you think transferring to Deerfield will awaken Miami's interest in Restrepo?

If you were on staff at Miami would you accept a commitment from Restrepo right now?

I trust the staff. They haven't given anyone a reason to not trust them. It's the HS recruits that I don't trust. Big difference.
Okay. Kids gonna be kids. The staff needs to go for the guys they deem to be at the top of their board. Since you trust the staff don't worry about the kids. If we win we'll land a great class. Who knows, after evolutions Restrepo might become a priority. I don't believe this but it could happen.

Advertisement
Okay. Kids gonna be kids. The staff needs to go for the guys they deem to be at the top of their board. Since you trust the staff don't worry about the kids. If we win we'll land a great class. Who knows, after evolutions Restrepo might become a priority. I don't believe this but it could happen.
@MikeCane18, respectfully what do you disagree with?

If you were on staff at Miami would you accept a commitment from Restrepo right now?
Well it's hard for me to say. I don't know exactly what they're looking for in a Safety. I also don't know who else is on their board.

I'd also like to see him play at least 3/4 of a season at Safety before I can fairly evaluate him.

Obviously he's a bit vertically challenged but he's built very well. Thick legs, great build. He works his a$$ off and is incredibly coachable. He's got all of the intangibles. The questions will be whether he can play in space or not. Can he cover? Tackle in the open field? Diagnose routes?

I think he'll excel in those things but I'm not getting paid to extend scholarships.

Advertisement
That you don't think he could/should garner the attention we are giving to other recruits.
I'm sorry, I should have been clear with my post. I don't think that the staff will view him as a top priority after evolutions. I don't really have an opinion on the matter. I've never watched his highlights.

Well it's hard for me to say. I don't know exactly what they're looking for in a Safety. I also don't know who else is on their board.

I'd also like to see him play at least 3/4 of a season at Safety before I can fairly evaluate him.

Obviously he's a bit vertically challenged but he's built very well. Thick legs, great build. He works his a$$ off and is incredibly coachable. He's got all of the intangibles. The questions will be whether he can play in space or not. Can he cover? Tackle in the open field? Diagnose routes?

I think he'll excel in those things but I'm not getting paid to extend scholarships.

I think it's safe to say not many people do have an idea of who's on the Safety board outside of Tae Williams. Lawrence we have heard is being looked at more at corner. I don't know where he projects better at. Washington will not be a Safety here long term, if he even signs here.

It doesn't matter if he's a great Runningback. Point is he's good with the ball in his hands bruh, and I saw him as well I know this for a fact. Is he good with the ball in his hands? Yes or No? Does he have elite speed? Can he be used like Percy Harvin or Reggie Bush? If yes sign him up. Rondale Moore in a Miami Uniform sounds good to me.
So was Corn Elder.. CB

Advertisement
Back