KNIGHTON

Advertisement
These kids have trolled us bad but o hold up . Did he just change it?
It was just a profile icon pic from ig but it’s been up there for multiple days though
86FD9DAD-C04E-41B9-900F-C4D313893E50.jpeg

Last edited:
Advertisement
You must be new to UM recruiting

Nope- I'm just not an ******* who thinks a first time head coach in his 1st full year recruiting is a recruiting failure because he didn't have a top 10 class. I know- Diaz was the DC under Richt... blah blah blah - it doesn't mean he had control over the overall recruiting strategy.

You can already see a philosophical shift- I like Barry's OL recruiting targets (ie C. Washington) much better than Searles's (getting strung along by Leatherwood than getting some overweight, overrated slug instead).

Diaz is forcing kids to make a decision and stick to it. If plan A kid is playing games, he goes to plan B. Richt would tend to take the bait, get strung along, then Miami would scramble for the plan Z guy since all the other possible targets are already committed. I'm ok with how this class is shaping up in year 1 of Diaz. I'd give it a B-. If we flip the OL and WR prospects I think we will, it's a B. Add Knighton B+. Get all those an Flowe it's an A++.

The class of 2018 was ranked #8 in the country. Oh that's right, Miami will never be top 10 again in recruiting. I should write 247 and tell them to drop Miami down a few spots because it doesn't fit your narrative.

I expect Miami to have a 10 win season next year (at minimum). That 2021 class is a championship caliber class. We are the #1 ranked at the moment. Win 10 games and I think Miami finishes top 5 in recruiting. What are you going to whine about then?

Last edited:
Nope- I'm just not an ******* who thinks a first time head coach in his 1st full year recruiting is a recruiting failure because he didn't have a top 10 class. I know- Diaz was the DC under Richt... blah blah blah - it doesn't mean he had control over the overall recruiting strategy.

You can already see a philosophical shift- I like Barry's OL recruiting targets (ie C. Washington) much better than Searles's (getting strung along by Leatherwood than getting some overweight, overrated slug instead).

Diaz is forcing kids to make a decision and stick to it. If plan A kid is playing games, he goes to plan B. Richt would tend to take the bait, get strung along, then Miami would scramble for the plan Z guy since all the other possible targets are already committed.

The class of 2018 was ranked #8 in the country. Oh that's right, Miami will never be top 10 again in recruiting. I should write 247 and tell them to drop Miami down a few spots because it doesn't fit your narrative.

I expect Miami to have a 10 win season next year (at minimum). That 2021 class is a championship caliber class. We are the #1 ranked at the moment. Win 10 games and I think Miami finishes top 5 in recruiting. What are you going to whine about then?

Lol here its always about how “next years class is stacked and it will be top 5 ”. I’m sure the same was said last year about this current class.

Lol here its always about how “next years class is stacked and it will be top 5 ”. I’m sure the same was said last year about this current class.

Literally 1 year ago it was top 8. ONE YEAR AGO.

That was after Miamis 1st 10 win season in over a decade and basically 12 years of irrelevance and being a joke in college football. #8

Advertisement
lmao, these kids looking for any excuse to leave but no one else wants them or its too late lol.

either way, i dont blame UM in this case as theyve been hard on him, but sometimes kids just wanna levae. i grew up dwon here and if it werent for my love for UM, i wouldve left the area for college. its the same as kids coming to UM from elsehwere. everyone wnats to leave home and experience something new.
When I was young I always wanted to stay as I am older now I want to leave lol

I agree with your conclusion, but my thing is that it makes no sense to say we can't recruit a top 5 class because we don't win. Other teams don't win and recruit top classes. Texas has been as bad as us this decade and out recruits us regularly. I don't think we can recruit top 5 classes, but I also don't think if we were 10-0 right now we would have a better class, either.

Texas hasn’t really been turning in top 5 classes. It’s BaMa, Clemson, Ohio State, Georgia then you see other teams kind of rotate in and out of the top 10. One thing in common with those 4 teams listed above. They spend moneyyyyyyyyyyy for recruits. The amount of money boosters pour into those programs can not be matched by miami. Miami has to hit their evaluations with local talent and then bring in a few top dogs each year. That is enough to win the coastal every **** year if we had half a coaching staff worth a ****.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back