Knighton

Advertisement
Advertisement
I get it. We all hate UF and dont want them to get any recruiting wins. But if were ever gonna make the playoffs were gonna have to go through clemson so id rather they not go there.
UF being good hurts our recruiting far more than Clemson being good does

Advertisement
This is all true.

We took 2 backs in 2018 (Lingard, Davis)
We took 1 back in 2019 (Martin)
We will pair Cheney in 2020 with another kid, as you mentioned I don't really care who, the kid will be at worst a role player.
Add at least another 1-2 in 2021 and there's no depth concerns here.

You need 1.5 backs a year. Nobody has 8 scholarship RBs. 1.5 a year is fine.

:pgdead:

Usually when Clemson gets their claws into a FL kid this early, they don't let go.

The kid decommitted with Clemson clearly in mind. Was blowing loads over them nearly instantly and publicly said they lead. That's now 2 OOS schools he's flirting with. I wouldn't bet a cent he comes to Miami. And Bowman, literally stop talking about this kid on this board. Pretend he doesn't exist.

Bowman literally is 0.0% chance. None. And Knighton, right now, is probably 1%. Recruit him, but not while sacrificing kids who we have a more realistic chance with.
Agreed times 1000

Advertisement

Alabama RBs taken:

2014 - 1 (Scarbrough)
2015 - 2 (Harris, Flowers)
2016 - 2 (Emmons, Jacobs)....Flowers enrolled but washed out before the 2015 season, hence the need for 2 here.
2017 - 2 (Harris, Robinson)
2018 - 1 (Ford)
2019 - 2 (Sanders, Robinson)

Last 6 classes, Uncle Nick has taken 10 RBs. That's 1.67 per cycle. And he's had reasonable attrition. Flowers and Emmons both transferred. Jacobs is leaving early. But you know best, I'm sorry.

I’d rather Clemson take them than UF or FSU. Seriously if we get Chaney + “Back X” next class and NEITHER Florida or Florida State get Knighton or Bowman I WILL BE A HAPPY CLAM.
This X1,000,000,000. I respect Clemson and they bust teams *** without acting arrogant or better then anybody but if those punks up North win they'll never shut up and the media will be on their nuts which will be so annoying

Alabama RBs taken:

2014 - 1 (Scarbrough)
2015 - 2 (Harris, Flowers)
2016 - 2 (Emmons, Jacobs)....Flowers enrolled but washed out before the 2015 season, hence the need for 2 here.
2017 - 2 (Harris, Robinson)
2018 - 1 (Ford)
2019 - 2 (Sanders, Robinson)

Last 6 classes, Uncle Nick has taken 10 RBs. That's 1.67 per cycle. And he's had reasonable attrition. Flowers and Emmons both transferred. Jacobs is leaving early. But you know best, I'm sorry.

You really have no idea why your post was funny, do you?

Advertisement
Wherever Knighton ends up, they're getting one electric player. He is the goods.

The myths about Deerfield hating Miami need to stop. The truth is, Miami didn't recruit Deerfield well enough while Golden and Richt were here. (FWIW Glenn and a few other DBHS coaches are Miami fans)

Glenn has a great relationship with Manny. He loves Manny, says he's got "juice".

The main issue was that the last two staffs were full of squares who were terrible recruiters. They carried themselves like they were coaches from a lower tier program, like they didn't even know what that U on their coaching polo meant. Glenn said the only coach that carried themselves with the "I'm here from The U!" swagger was Dugans. (ironically)

Miami didn't come around enough. They also were late to offer a few kids. How the **** is Miami a kid's 28th offer, when they're right down the street, and the kid already has offers from teams like Bama and Clemson?

Word is, quite frankly "Diaz didn't fvck with the way Richt was doing things."
Richt didn't want dawgs. And often times Manny would want to offer a kid and Richt would make him hold off.

As far as this new staff...

They got the juice.
Hickson is a Lauderdale cat and has a great relationship with the Deerfield staff. (as well as other local staffs)
Fields is another highly respected dude.
And Manny, again, is loved by the locals.

Coach Glenn said Manny is a local dude who "just gets it".
Manny, Stubblefield and Hickson have been by Deerfield TWICE in the last couple weeks.

Manny has done an incredible job of assembling a staff with true local ties.
Hickson in Broward. Fields in Dade. (Rumph in Palm Beach?)

This is no longer amateur hour fellas. And it's about **** time.

Advertisement
Back