Knighton is legit

Can we get some love for Rooster. Fast, quick cuts and ran hard.
That run after catch was the fastest I've seen a UM player move since Jeff Thomas' punt return against V-Tech.
We should run for 150 yards every game. Boy it would have been nice to have Chaney available.
Explosive, top end gear instantly and pure game breaker.
The whole D closes in on him at snap knowing he’s all we got it’s only hold back on him having 200 yard games rushing.

Last edited:
Advertisement
If you have Rooster in the game on a passing play you have to put him in the pattern. **** line him up outside and force the defender to go out with him.
Because they kid is lighting with the ball and is not a good blocker yet. That will require more size and strength, hopefully with no loss of quickness. This is why some thought Duke looked quicker as a freshman than sophomore. He got bigger to handle the blitzes.

So if you have a small running back then put him in the pattern, keep the tight end in to block and you still get the mismatch with a better blocker.
That would require film study and learning his craft. It’s not about size and strength, as much as it is his immaturity and low IQ. Don’t kill the messenger. Less pot more focus on football and school.

It is an atrocity, that it took an injury for us to see this from Knighton. A player this explosive at RB should be a major part of your offensive gameplan week in and week out. This culture of older guys playing that Manny has created is toxic and does not help the team win.
he just came back...

It’s too bad Harris had to injure himself to allow rooster to move up the seniority list and get on the field.

RB is absolutely a position where you need to get some carries and get into the flow of the game.

Rooster is clearly more talented than cam but they just wouldn’t let him get going until cam was out. Shame.

Did you see how bad Rooster can be in pass protection?

That’s why Cam starts. Yu
If you have Rooster in the game on a passing play you have to put him in the pattern. **** line him up outside and force the defender to go out with him.
Because they kid is lighting with the ball and is not a good blocker yet. That will require more size and strength, hopefully with no loss of quickness. This is why some thought Duke looked quicker as a freshman than sophomore. He got bigger to handle the blitzes.

So if you have a small running back then put him in the pattern, keep the tight end in to block and you still get the mismatch with a better blocker.

EXACTLY.

Problem is this puts extra pressure on our offensive line that whiffs too much even with a numbers advantage.

To do this, Lashlee would have to design non screen plays that realease the ball in two seconds or less. He hasn’t done it and it bothers me because it is one of the first adjustments I would make to my offense if my line was struggling.

That run after catch was the fastest I've seen a UM player move since Jeff Thomas' punt return against V-Tech.
We should run for 150 yards every game. Boy it would have been nice to have Chaney available.
Chris Redd Snl GIF by Saturday Night Live

Advertisement
Did you see how bad Rooster can be in pass protection?

That’s why Cam starts. Yu

EXACTLY.

Problem is this puts extra pressure on our offensive line that whiffs too much even with a numbers advantage.

To do this, Lashlee would have to design non screen plays that realease the ball in two seconds or less. He hasn’t done it and it bothers me because it is one of the first adjustments I would make to my offense if my line was struggling.
And we may need to use the tight ends to block.

The Cam favoritism is helping to kill the O. Knighten is quicker and has better vision than Cam.

One thing that Knighten does better is release when not required to help blocking. But even he does not do this enough. They could could 4-5 big plays a game with Knighten coming out of the back to catch but Lashlee does not stress this enough.

There were at least 6 other opportunities for Cam/Knighten to catch because the OL was providing solid protection but they stand there not looking for the opportunity. That dump off can kill defenses and can help the QBs more than any other option.

Advertisement
You aint kidding, that Rooster was crowing! Better coaching and play calling is definitely needed. That young is A WEAPON!

Love watching him play, wanted the ball in his hands every play down the stretch of the game

Advertisement
He missed ONE block. Jesus. 🙄
Y'all with the hyperbole.
I have no problem sacrificing a missed block or two for the possibility of a gamebreaking play. I mean, whose really that great of a blocker for us anyways ? I'd be giving 🐓 15 carries and 5 passing targets per game w/o exception

Kid made the offensive line better.

The side to side quickness is special.

In particular, the kid waits for over aggressive defenders to fill their hole, once done, he cuts to the weak side where there's usually an opening. Not to mention the addition he gives as a receiving back; this has been a pleasant & welcomed surprise.

Kid is skilled and is showing why was such a sensation in high school.

Advertisement
Knighton the Enigma.....I can't figure this guy out.

He played a **** of a game and is a big reason we came back vs UNC. That move on the pass play was nasty. Hopefully this is the springboard game for him.

But he's still so confusing. He was literally highest rated RB in the ACC last year in pass blocking. So far this year he's been the worst.

And he still hasn't had any big running plays. Statistically, he's actually been the least explosive Miami RB at the start of his career (rushing wise). It's weird.

You see the speed, you see the glimpses, you see the potential - but he's still got a lot to put together. I hope this is the beginning of it starting to click.

Knighton the Enigma.....I can't figure this guy out.

He played a **** of a game and is a big reason we came back vs UNC. That move on the pass play was nasty. Hopefully this is the springboard game for him.

But he's still so confusing. He was literally highest rated RB in the ACC last year in pass blocking. So far this year he's been the worst.

And he still hasn't had any big running plays. Statistically, he's actually been the least explosive Miami RB at the start of his career (rushing wise). It's weird.

You see the speed, you see the glimpses, you see the potential - but he's still got a lot to put together. I hope this is the beginning of it starting to click.
POON must be involved in his head to cause this havoc, some just can’t control the poi they take up all his focus.

Which block was it, because the one that stands out was a freaking DT that #55 just let go to block nobody and the rb is suppose to go across the line and pick that up? Made no sense, I think the LT was suppose to slide down or something.. just a bust, not on rooster unless it was another play people are talking about

I know that’s your boy, Macho but he needs work pass blocking. Still deserves to be on the field though.

The fans love ****ting on talented guys even though they are in a tough situation. People drag Cam through the mud, but I can’t ever recall seeing a running back getting offensive linemen pushed into his lap the way Cam does. People always say Cam tip toes but it is not true. He gets redirected and corralled in the backfield way too often because of one guy getting destroyed and multiple guys losing. Our run blocking is awful. Chaney and Rooster get MUCH better blocking when they come in for whatever reason. Sometimes it makes me wonder if there is any kind of bad blood between Cam and the offensive line because the difference is so obvious . Give Cam a crease and he gets big yards. The one complaint that is valid is he tries to bounce it to the sideline instead of cutting hard upfield off the tackle or tight end.

Cam, Rooster, and Chaney are game breakers but we have two HUGE problems holding them back:

1. Awful run blocking

2. An offensive coordinator who struggles being creative with his weapons. All our backs are under used in the passing game. Rooster especially because of his ability to be moved around and used in the slot. We could also run more 20, but the overemphasis on pace leaves us stuck in 11 personnel all the time.

Advertisement
Back