Knighton is legit

He did great overall but he blew his assignment on the red zone INT. Barely tried to block the defender. He looked like our defense tackles, lackadaisical shoulder pinball tapped the guy. Unless that was the play call, to bump the defender and then get open for the pass.

That wasn't his guy who tipped the ball.
And it was an RPO.
RB's generally don't block on RPO's

It was a bad play call from the get, and the Center didn't block his man at all.

Advertisement
Also - even more than how smooth he looked and the insane cut...How about that speed?

Too many times in recent memory have I seen our players get hawked (DJ Dallas was the last one who I don't remember getting caught) but Rooster outran the angle.

Probably the best play of the season for us - Harvey pick second place.

It is an atrocity, that it took an injury for us to see this from Knighton. A player this explosive at RB should be a major part of your offensive gameplan week in and week out. This culture of older guys playing that Manny has created is toxic and does not help the team win.

If the RB room was fully healthy, he'll be running 3rd team. Smh. Chaney and Knighton needs to be featured heavily.

Advertisement
I knew that UNC defender was in trouble as soon as Rooster caught the ball. I watched him make that same move for 3 years. It's deadly. Absolutely no wasted movement.

Rooster is the type of RB that has to be fed on a consistent basis for you to really feel his impact. He'll get stuffed a few times, or make a questionable read, but then break one for 50. He's not the type to get 4 yards + 3 yards + 6 yards + 3 yards + 6 yards etc...

There needs to be a conscious effort to get that kid the ball in different ways going forward. A kid that electric needs to be featured.
I agree with all of this.

You guys are clowns, he is fast and made one nice cut. But overall most of these ****’s suck my ball’s and shouldn’t be wearing a U…

Watchjng this crap makes me sick every Saturday. I’m sick of watching athletes who “barely resemble football players!”

**** I “LOVE” the U but “HATE” who we’ve become…

Advertisement
Up the middle Harris tap dance Harris lol why every play trashlee calls for Harris it's up the middle lmao in the teeth of the defense no edge running at all smdh

The coaches are clowns, he is fast and made one nice cut. But overall most of these coaches suck my ball’s and shouldn’t be wearing a U…

Watchjng this crap makes me sick every Saturday. I’m sick of watching coaches who “barely resemble coaches!”

**** I “LOVE” the U but “HATE” who we’ve become…
FIFY

That wasn't his guy who tipped the ball.
And it was an RPO.
RB's generally don't block on RPO's

It was a bad play call from the get, and the Center didn't block his man at all.
The same RPO was called earlier in the game and TVD had it batted down. I really don't understand what made Lashlee go back to that in the end of game scenario. Anything in the flats to Knighton was the ticket. And, if not there, TVD could pull it down and run for an easy 5-7 yards. Why complicate it?

Advertisement
Can we get some love for Rooster. Fast, quick cuts and ran hard.
That run after catch was the fastest I've seen a UM player move since Jeff Thomas' punt return against V-Tech.
We should run for 150 yards every game. Boy it would have been nice to have Chaney available.
We have gems to be showcased by the next coach.

That dump pass for a touchdown was the best play of his college career so far. Monster play.

You get an offensive coordinator who isn't some G5 worthy jabrone here and he'd be a monster.
He has to gain some weight and stop fumbling and get better at blitz pickup and he will be all-everything

It is an atrocity, that it took an injury for us to see this from Knighton. A player this explosive at RB should be a major part of your offensive gameplan week in and week out. This culture of older guys playing that Manny has created is toxic and does not help the team win.
Dead on. He should be starting.

Advertisement
Our best chance to win was gone when TVD missed Knighton on the sideline. He most likely scores on that.

Advertisement
Back