Kiper new mock: 3 canes in the first round.

mark my words, this 6-7 team will put more productive pros in the nfl than this year's bama team.

I completely agree.

That's actually not that difficult considering that most of Bama's players don't do much in the NFL. The only one who has truly balled out is Julio Jones

Eddie Lacy, Marcel Darius, CJ Mosley, Haha Clinton Dix just to name a few. They actually have a coach who can develop players.

Advertisement
Mock drafts don't mean ****, but let's say they all go in the first round... does that mean Al and Co. do develop players or nah?

So what I al suppose to get a cookie? Shannon had guys drafted and with some players currently starting in the NFL. You had a hard time giving him credit for anything but not good ole Al Huh?

Has nothing to do with shannon, people say Al doesn't develop guys, these three guys are rated highly and sought after. So does he develop guys or not?

You said Shannon didn't develop guys despite the NFL draft, all acc teams, guys starting for NFL teams saying different. See how dumb you look now?

I remember Shannons first class (highly touted), which of those guys, or of any of his classes thereafter is balling in the NFL? I can think of 2, and neither was a first rounder.

Last edited:
Our talent level is increasing, which is a great thing. It's also the main reason we are all mad as **** we aren't winning. For the first time in how many years will we have, at least possibly, multiple players taken in the first round? That's about the only positive thing I can say about this staff. They can spot talent and develop it. **** shame they can't figure out what to actually DO with it. It's like a guy who knows how to fine tune an engine, but doesn't know how to drive the **** car.

When the day comes we get a coach that can get the most out of the talent he has, we will win big, again.

Our talent level took a pretty big hit earlier this month.

This is great news but I don't see Dorsett going in the 1st round. He'll be the fastest wideout, but there are other wideouts who are fast, have size, run better routes and are playmakers. I don't see too many running a 4.2 but I see quite a few too wideouts running between a 4.4 and a 4.5... You have wideouts like Alghelor and Greene who are a little bit bigger but have good speed and they may not be 1st rounders. I wouldn't be surprised to see them running 4.4's. Then you have, players like Cooper, Parker, White who are considered the top 3 at their position. Meanwhile players like Diggs, Funchess and Strong are fringe 1st rounders... It will be interesting.

I used to think it...but Rashad Greene isnt better than Phil Dorsett. Dorsett hit his stride this year, Greene is pretty fragile and sleak...

Dorsett likely is a 2nd rounder with a good combine....but he is in the group of top 6 wr's and if anyone of them slip out with bad combine/ etc..he will fill in.....

Funchess isnt a wr.

Strong probably runs a high 4.5-4.6.

There's a chance....just ONE team has to like him..he WILL interview well...he has the um pedigree where they wll propel him up a level. He has connections

mark my words, this 6-7 team will put more productive pros in the nfl than this year's bama team.

I completely agree.

That's actually not that difficult considering that most of Bama's players don't do much in the NFL. The only one who has truly balled out is Julio Jones

Eddie Lacy, Marcel Darius, CJ Mosley, Haha Clinton Dix just to name a few. They actually have a coach who can develop players.

Hightower and Upshaw start for perennial playoff teams. Ingram made the Pro Bowl. Etc.

The whole 'Bama guys don't do anything in the NFL' line is a load of **** at this point. They have more potential for busts because their players play well enough in college to get drafted high. But they have just as many hits as they have misses.

Meanwhile our guys like Hurns and Linder and Shields seem 'more productive' because they overperform their draft slot...not because they are necessarily better players. And their draft slot is ****** because Golden is ******.

Advertisement
Mock drafts don't mean ****, but let's say they all go in the first round... does that mean Al and Co. do develop players or nah?

So what I al suppose to get a cookie? Shannon had guys drafted and with some players currently starting in the NFL. You had a hard time giving him credit for anything but not good ole Al Huh?

Has nothing to do with shannon, people say Al doesn't develop guys, these three guys are rated highly and sought after. So does he develop guys or not?

You said Shannon didn't develop guys despite the NFL draft, all acc teams, guys starting for NFL teams saying different. See how dumb you look now?

I remember Shannons first class (highly touted), which of those guys, or of any of his classes thereafter is balling in the NFL? I can think of 2, and neither was a first rounder.

seantrell
spence
hurns
miller
james

We need a coach in here that can get these kids to play and stop worrying about going to the nfl.

I completely agree.

Julio, Darius, Mosely and Lacy have done well. Far more have been disappointing.

Trent Richardson, Dre Kirkpatrick, Terrance Cody, Andre Smith, Rolando McClain, Kareem Jackson, Mark Barron, Dee Milliner, Dont'a Hightower, Courtney Upshaw, Javier Arenas, etc... have all been varying levels of disappointing relative to where they were drafted and their expected level of performance.

I completely agree.

Julio, Darius, Mosely and Lacy have done well. Far more have been disappointing.

Trent Richardson, Dre Kirkpatrick, Terrance Cody, Andre Smith, Rolando McClain, Kareem Jackson, Mark Barron, Dee Milliner, Dont'a Hightower, Courtney Upshaw, Javier Arenas, etc... have all been varying levels of disappointing relative to where they were drafted and their expected level of performance.

Man when you put out as much players as they do you will have some busts... Doesn't Hightower and Upshsw start? Mark Barron has been solid... I'm not trying to be funny but it wasn't like Mike Rumph, Buchanon, Willism Joseph and Jerome McDougle set the league on fire... Bama puts out studs and lately their players have been killing it... We need to stop spewing nonsense... Too be honest Saban just gets the most out of them. Most of their linebackers are just big and slow while their corners always struggle in coverage yet Saban coaches them up a 1st round talent. Javier Arenas was a 2 star recruit who best offer came from FAU. Terrence Cody was an overweight behemoth until Saban got his hands on him... Even Mark Ingram was a 3 star recruit. All those dudes made plays... That's development.

Advertisement
This is great news but I don't see Dorsett going in the 1st round. He'll be the fastest wideout, but there are other wideouts who are fast, have size, run better routes and are playmakers. I don't see too many running a 4.2 but I see quite a few too wideouts running between a 4.4 and a 4.5... You have wideouts like Alghelor and Greene who are a little bit bigger but have good speed and they may not be 1st rounders. I wouldn't be surprised to see them running 4.4's. Then you have, players like Cooper, Parker, White who are considered the top 3 at their position. Meanwhile players like Diggs, Funchess and Strong are fringe 1st rounders... It will be interesting.

I used to think it...but Rashad Greene isnt better than Phil Dorsett. Dorsett hit his stride this year, Greene is pretty fragile and sleak...

Dorsett likely is a 2nd rounder with a good combine....but he is in the group of top 6 wr's and if anyone of them slip out with bad combine/ etc..he will fill in.....

Funchess isnt a wr.

Strong probably runs a high 4.5-4.6.

There's a chance....just ONE team has to like him..he WILL interview well...he has the um pedigree where they wll propel him up a level. He has connections

I like PD but he isn't better than Greene. Greene has been consistent for years man while putting up huge stats... And Greene has been healthier throughout his career than PD. All it does is to take one team to like him but why select him over a wideout who's more well rounded when you can get them both by picking him in a later round? This is a deep wide out class and like I said 40's are great but the top 3 rookies last year killed it and none of them ran faster than a 4.5. Benjamin ran a 4.6.

I don't see PD being drafted above the players below:

Cooper
Parker
White
All 3 possess good speed.

Then you have talented players in Strong and Funchess who are about 4.5 and 4.6 players but they make plays and do everything else well.

Then there are Alghelor, Diggs, Greene, and even Perrimen from UCF. These guys are not slow at all and will post close to a 4.4. PD will post a 4.2-4.3 but you have more polished wideouts running a fast times between 4.4 and 4.5. 4.2 alone will not get him in the 1st round when there are more consistent and polished ballers.

seantrell
spence
hurns
miller
james

+10000000
This guy is reaching until is a shame. RS didn't have any HOF's but how many do? Dude recruited most of our draft class this year. I mean Bailey has been balling, Orlando Franklin, Sheilds(who balked his senior year here) and then you had guys who were playing well but fell victim to injuries like Hankerson, Cmac and Dsharp... What is this guy talking about?

Watch the NFL draft the next few years and you'll see more of our kids getting drafted higher. We are FAR more talented than we were when Shannon left. Have you forgotten how we had to start A.J Highsmith because there was NO talent in the secondary? Yeah, we are more talented.

Again, I'm not saying Golden should be coaching here, and I absolutely HATE what I see on Saturdays. To act like we aren't more talented than we were 4 years ago is a bit silly, though. I was mad at Shannon for letting our talent slip, as evidenced by the last several drafts. I'm mad at Golden for losing with better talent. What's wrong with that? Some of you need to realize that just because someone says something other than "I HATE AL GOLDEN" it doesn't mean it's a ringing endorsement of the man.
Our talent level is increasing, which is a great thing. It's also the main reason we are all mad as **** we aren't winning. For the first time in how many years will we have, at least possibly, multiple players taken in the first round? That's about the only positive thing I can say about this staff. They can spot talent and develop it. **** shame they can't figure out what to actually DO with it. It's like a guy who knows how to fine tune an engine, but doesn't know how to drive the **** car.

When the day comes we get a coach that can get the most out of the talent he has, we will win big, again.

Golden didn't spot chit except for flowers. Dorsett committed to Shannon and golden had to be talked Into keeping Perryman by a member of the previous staff rumor has it. Meanwhile close to 40 of this guys recruits don't last a dam year or whatever.

And right now can you say Miami's talent level is increasing? Especially on offense. Who is replacing dorsett and the other players that left? You say the talent level is increasing so show me the guys who are just as good or better than the guys that are leaving? Curious to c this.

Advertisement
Golden inherited 4 NFL backs, 3 nfl tightends, like 6 NFL wideouts and number of NFL lineman... I don't see 4 NFL backs on our roster, I don't see 3 NFL tight ends or that many wideouts on our roster right... The majority off this years drafted class either signed to RS or committed to him... 4 years in Al still depended on RS players. The talent is worse than it was when Al took over...

I completely agree.

Man when you put out as much players as they do you will have some busts... Doesn't Hightower and Upshsw start? Mark Barron has been solid... I'm not trying to be funny but it wasn't like Mike Rumph, Buchanon, Willism Joseph and Jerome McDougle set the league on fire... Bama puts out studs and lately their players have been killing it... We need to stop spewing nonsense... Too be honest Saban just gets the most out of them. Most of their linebackers are just big and slow while their corners always struggle in coverage yet Saban coaches them up a 1st round talent. Javier Arenas was a 2 star recruit who best offer came from FAU. Terrence Cody was an overweight behemoth until Saban got his hands on him... Even Mark Ingram was a 3 star recruit. All those dudes made plays... That's development.

No one is spewing nonsense. Most of Alabama's players that have gone to the NFL have underperformed relative to their draft position. They have not been killing it.

I'm not arguing about Saban getting the most out of them in college because he does. However, they under perform in the NFL which is the topic at hand.

Like you stated, Javier Arenas was developed by Saban in college. He was then drafted in the second round. He has not played like a second round pick in the NFL.

So tell me, when was the last time we had a first round draft pick? All that talent Shannon left.... Man, some of you will go to any length. There were some NFL level players on the roster. There were also WAY more that should have NEVER seen the field, but were forced to due to lack of talent and depth. Yeah, Al Golden inherited a team of studs.

Again, I want him fired. If he were fired today, I promise you the next coach would at least inherit a better situation than what he walked into. For the record, I want him fired today.
Golden inherited 4 NFL backs, 3 nil tightens, like 6 NFL wideouts and number of NFL lineman... I don't see 4 NFL backs on our roster, I don't see 3 NFL tight ends or that many wideouts on our roster right... The majority off this years drafted class either signed to RS or committed to him... 4 years in Al still depended on RS players. The talent is worse than it was when Al took over...

Advertisement

seantrell
spence
hurns
miller
james

none of those guys came out of their college carreers as highly touted draft prospects... they're talking about 3 of Al's guys potentially being drafted in the first round.. were any of the guys you listed even second round guys?

I'll guess no.

seantrell
spence
hurns
miller
james

+10000000
This guy is reaching until is a shame. RS didn't have any HOF's but how many do? Dude recruited most of our draft class this year. I mean Bailey has been balling, Orlando Franklin, Sheilds(who balked his senior year here) and then you had guys who were playing well but fell victim to injuries like Hankerson, Cmac and Dsharp... What is this guy talking about?

were any of those guys mentioned considered 1st round talents after their time here.. that's EXACTLY what i'm talking about.

As much as Al likes these kids, you know he is secretly praying this doesn't happen. Lol. It would be the talk of ESPN Draft day.

Potentially..BY THE NUMBERS..(ESPN actually might do this..lol.)

3 in the top 34 picks. (Perryman, Flowers, Dorsett)

5 in the top 80 picks. (Walford, Duke)

7 in the first 5 rounds. (Gunter, Feliciano)

9 drafted overall (Chick, Armbrister)

6-7 record.

Smh.

I have a feeling Chick is going show out in the NFL In a scheme that allows him to attack instead holding on to blockers. Our staff had the DL/DE playing OL for the D

Advertisement
Back