Kiper Mock Draft

I've been saying Miller in the 3rd round since December and y'all thought I was crazy. Couldn't believe some fans were putting him in the same discussions as Richardson or talking first round. He goes down easy, isn't the type to get you tough yards, and has suspect shoulders.

I Hope someone jumps and pulls him off the board in the 2nd on speed alone.

You are crazy. He will not go third round.

BTW, I'll go out on a limb and say that if he stays healthy, Lamar Miller will have every bit the career Trent Richardson has. He's just as talented in different ways.

Seriously? C'mon D. Explain yourself. The dude took himself out of crucial moments in games and was not an every down back. Trent Richardson like? You have no objective basis for that opinion.

**** it...that's Cityboy like...

Advertisement
He's absolutely right. All the guys that left early were bums. Its no wonder nobody is getting drafted first day. They led our team to a 6-6 season.

Miller has a ****** on his shoulder

Streeter left early to enter a WR heavy draft

Olivier Vernon left early in a DE heavy draft

Brandon Washington is way out of shape but should be the first picked of the group

Spence is LULZ 12 bench reps

Travis B is 150 pounds soaking wet

Agreed. Especially Spence and Travis. Those two dummies should have stayed another year. I can't believe that they left early, MORONS! What the **** were they thinking?

thumbnail.aspx
lulz

"Miller has a ****** on his shoulder"

So Frank Gore has **** on his knees. How has his pro career been? Did his college play dictate his pro play?

"Miller has a ****** on his shoulder"

So Frank Gore has **** on his knees. How has his pro career been? Did his college play dictate his pro play?

Where was Frank Gore taken in the draft?

And I will add that Gore was a warrior. His toughness and will were never questioned.

Last edited:
To me I see no reason why Lamar Miller can't be just as good as LeSean McCoy is in the NFL. Yea miller got nicked up in some games but that doesn't mean he's not tough. His shoulders are a bit fragile. With some added muscle, I think he'll be just fine. Stop bashing the kid because you wish he was still on our roster

Advertisement
I've been saying Miller in the 3rd round since December and y'all thought I was crazy. Couldn't believe some fans were putting him in the same discussions as Richardson or talking first round. He goes down easy, isn't the type to get you tough yards, and has suspect shoulders.

u also said Cash for Clunkers was going to be a massive success....what's ur point?

LOL. Good stuff

BTW, I'll go out on a limb and say that if he stays healthy, Lamar Miller will have every bit the career Trent Richardson has. He's just as talented in different ways.

I'm not sure about that but Miller is a **** good football player. If you find someone that will bet you he will last till the 3rd let me know.

This is what I hate about some of our fans. Everyone is garbage right after they are gone (Miller, Spence, etc) then 5 years from now the next player will suck compared(according to some fans) to Miller, Spence, etc. Never ending cycle.

Its like people that somehow argue that Beason was a better college player then Spence. Its not even close that Spence was by far better in college. Spence is one of the best we've had here in a long time at LB but since he put up bad combine numbers he all of a sudden sucks.

We have people saying Kevin Beard is better then Travis Benjamin when these are their stats:

Beard 67-920 and 7 TDs
Benjamin: 131-2146 13 TDs

Last edited:

The reality is that he won't sty healthy, and we all know it. He couldn't do it in high school, he couldn't do it on college, so why would you think he'll be able to do it in the pros?

As good as any player is, if he can't stay on the field, then he is worthless regardless of how talented he is.

I actually told some buddies that I would never draft Miller in the first 2 rounds bc I know he'll never stay healthy.

Advertisement
Seriously? C'mon D. Explain yourself. The dude took himself out of crucial moments in games and was not an every down back. Trent Richardson like? You have no objective basis for that opinion.

Lamar Miller is not an every down back. He is an any down back. If he is used judiciously like Jamaal Charles in Kansas City, he will be a threat to score on any down.

People ignore how productive Miller was this year. He ran for 1,272 yards at 5.6 a carry. That's one of the best seasons ever at Miami on an offense that didn't have the ball much. The guy is 212 pounds with great vision and the best speed of any of our top backs.

Now, he doesn't have the lean and balance of a Clinton Portis or Frank Gore. If he did, he could have been our best back ever. But that doesn't take away what he can do.

As for wushah's point that Miller didn't say healthy in high school or college and won't in the pros, I say this: how many games has he missed? He wore down but he didn't sit out.

If he is used as part of a two-back system (as he should be), his chances of staying healthy go way up. By the way, I think Trent Richardson will have just as much of a problem staying healthy in the pros. His running style is too reliant on contact.

I'm not sure about that but Miller is a **** good football player. If you find someone that will bet you he will last till the 3rd let me know.

This is what I hate about some of our fans. Everyone is garbage right after they are gone (Miller, Spence, etc) then 5 years from now the next player will suck compared(according to some fans) to Miller, Spence, etc. Never ending cycle.

Its like people that somehow argue that Beason was a better college player then Spence. Its not even close that Spence was by far better in college. Spence is one of the best we've had here in a long time at LB but since he put up bad combine numbers he all of a sudden sucks.

We have people saying Kevin Beard is better then Travis Benjamin when these are their stats:

Beard 67-920 and 7 TDs

This. Finally some rationality.

Advertisement

Then Mel Kiper is "crazy" too because that's where he currently has him.

Look, I am rooting for the kid. I want him to go as high as possible. And admittedly I've allowed (or maybe even helped) the conversation to morph into what was originally where I would pick him, to where I thought he will go. But I am way, way less high on him than you are.

I have very little confidence in his ability to take an NFL pounding. And while admittedly not having any inside medical info on the guy, I am very worried about his shoulders. That's two big red flags for me, which would preclude me taking him before the 3rd round.

I was going out on a limb when I originally said third round as everyone seemed to have him in the first round, but its really not that crazy a statement now, as the #1 draft "analyst" out there (I say that sheepishly as I think all the mock drafts are BS) agrees with me at this point and time.

As I said, I am rooting for you to be right and me to be wrong.

Beard 67-920 and 7 TDs

I can say for myself, I've never felt a UM kid was "garbage" once he left. I root for the kids who never did much at UM (Sam Shields for instance) to have as much success as the kids who were integral to UM but didn't have as much pro success (Ken Dorsey?). I say that as an alumnus of Miami. I want UM graduates to go forth and have success in life.

This is a situation where I am just being objective. As I said, I want the kid to go #1 overall. That doesn't prevent me from discussing what I objectively see. From the perspective of an NFL GM, I hate this class. I wouldn't be surprised to see some of the bigger name recruits that are in this draft (Streeter, Forston) to be out of the NFL in three years. Not a lot of heart, will and work ethic on the table.

But I will root for all of them.

Advertisement
I wasn't referencing you bomb since you can state your opinion without trashing players. Talking about our fans that go out of there way to bash everything about our players that are leaving.

I mean we have people on this site that go after Spence, who was a **** good player for 4 years. And he did it without a good DL. We have people that say Beard>TB.

I wasn't referencing you bomb since you can state your opinion without trashing players. Talking about our fans that go out of there way to bash everything about our players that are leaving.

I mean we have people on this site that go after Spence, who was a **** good player for 4 years. And he did it without a good DL. We have people that say Beard>TB.

Gotcha. Spence is a warrior. Kid did it with one hand tied behind his back (as you illustrated) for 4 years. Kid deserves success.

All the bums from the U in this years draft will be released soon or just practice squad bums

Kiper's 2 round mock

1st round

1. Colts- QB Luck- Stanford
2. Redskins- QB RG3- Baylor
3. Vikings- OT Matt Kalil- USC
4. Browns- RB Trent Richardson- Alabama
5. Bucs- CB Morris Claiborne- LSU
6. Rams- WR Justin Blackmon- OKST
7. Jags- DE Melvin Ingram- SC
8. Dolphins- QB Ryan Tannehill- TXA&M
9. Panthers- DT Dontari Poe- Memphis
10. Bills- OT Riley Reiff- Iowa
11. Chiefs- LB Luke Kuechly- BC
12. Seahawks- DE Quinton Coples- UNC
13. Cardinals- WR Michael Floyd- ND
14. Cowboys- S Mark Barron- Alabama
15. Eagles- DT Fletcher Cox- Miss St.
16. Jets- OLB Courtney Upshaw- Alabama
17. Bengals- G David DeCastro- Stanford
18. Chargers- OLB Chandler Jones- Syracuse
19. Bears- DE Whitney Mercilus- Illinois
20. Titans- CB Dre Kirkpatrick- Alabama
21. Bengals- CB Stephon Gilmore- SC
22. Browns- G Cordy Glenn- Georgia
23. Lions- OT Jonathan Martin- Stanford
24. Steelers- LB Dont'a Hightower- Alabama
25. Broncos- DT Michael Brockers- LSU
26. Texans- WR Kendall Wright- Baylor
27. Patriots- OLB Shea McClellin- Boise St.
28. Packers- LB Nick Perry- USC
29. Ravens- C Peter Konz- Wisconsin
30. 49ers- WR Stephen Hill- GT
31- Patriots- DL Derek Wolfe- Cincinnati
32- Giants- TE Coby Fleener- Stanford

leading schools (1st round picks):
5- Alabama
4- Stanford
2- Baylor
2- LSU
2- South Carolina
2- USC

2nd Round

33. Rams- DT Jerel Worthy- Mich St.
34. Colts- DL Kendall Reyes- UConn
35. Vikings- S Harrison Smith- ND
36. Bucs- LB Lavonte David- Nebraska
37. Browns- QB Brandon Weeden- OK St.
38. Jags- WR AJ Jenkins- Illinois
39. Rams- OT Mike Adams- OSU
40. Panthers- CB Janoris Jenkins- North Alabama
41. Bills- WR Brian Quick- App St.
42. Dolphins- DE Andre Branch- Clemson
43. Seahawks- LB Ronnell Lewis- OU
44. Chiefs- DT Devon Still- PSU
45. Cowboys- OG Kevin Zeitler- Wisconsin
46. Eagles- LB Zach Brown- UNC
47. Jets- OT Bobby Massie- Miss
48. Patriots- CB Josh Robinson- UCF
49. Chargers- RB Doug Martin- Boise St.
50. Bears- WR Rueben Randle- LSU
51. Eagles- TE Dwayne Allen- Clemson
52. Titans- DE Vinny Curry- Marshall
53. Bengals- S Brandon Taylor- LSU
54. Lions- CB Trumaine Johnson- Montana
55. Falcons- OT Jeff Allen- Illinois
56. Steelers- OL Kelechi Osemele- ISU
57. Broncos- RB LaMichael James- Oregon
58. Texans- CB Dwight Bentley- Louisiana-Lafayette
59. Saints (Forfeited)
59. Packers- DL Jared Crick- Nebraska
60. Ravens- LB Terrell Manning- NC St (I bet this is where Spence goes)
61. 49ers- OG Brandon Brooks- Miami (OH) (SMDH.)
62. Patriots- OG Amini Silatolu Midwestern St. (???)
63. Giants- RB David Wilson- VT (SMH)

Kiper is an idiot..... Spence, Washington and Miller will all go 2nd round IMO.

No way in **** players from schools like Midwestern St, App St, Miami Ohio, Louisiana-Lafayette, Montana, Iowa St, and Marshall get picked before a Miami guy. That would be an atrocity.

Also something pretty alarming about this mock is it consists of ZERO players from UF, FSU or Miami. And just 1 from the state of florida... Josh Robinson from UCF. It's laughable.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back