Kings NIL business

I'm not really convinced that location will play a significant role here. IMO, it's about national exposure not local. I get the narrative that Miami is a bigger city than Tuscaloosa therefore Miami is more attractive but idk.

I think the easiest way to go about this is 1) which program has most social media followers 2) which football players have the most social media followers. Money will flow to that more so than geographic location.
The Miami TV market alone is bigger than all 3 of the schools I mentioned combined.

Advertisement
lol if you think $20k will tip the scales in our favor. Bag schools are gonna bag.

Maybe initially we have the edge, but with time, they will all catch up.

Recruits now have a choice:

1) break NCAA rules and rely on some creepy old booster at a bag school to give them a duffle bag full of cash, basically being "owned' by said booster out of fear that at any time he could take away the no-show jobs he promised their family

or

2) control of their own future as entrepreneurs. Make as much legal money as they want, whenever they want, with whoever they want AND have contracts that are enforceable in court.

Miami wasn't a player when there was only option 1. Sure, the bag schools will still try to bag, but a smart recruit (and there will be plenty) will say, "I don't want anyone to feel like they own me and I'd rather make my own deals."

BTW, my prediction is that the next big NIL deal is that N'Kosi Perry will get sponsored by BangBus.

Beginning of the END of college football as we know it! This makes it Legal for huge boosters to pass out money to high profile players. Colleges will have to have there own marketing agents to help the less known players , just don't see this ending well for College sports.

Neither do I. It also won't mean Jack crap if you aren't winning in the field. All those schools ahead of us have a lot more fans than we do and far more money collectively.

People here are all excited thinking this is going to be some big win for us. I would disagree. The bigs will dominate like never before as more alumni means more potential money and interest.

It's a shame. Kids will be more concerned with their image than focusing on the game. This me first generation will have destroyed the college game in years to come.

Advertisement
Neither do I. It also won't mean Jack crap if you aren't winning in the field. All those schools ahead of us have a lot more fans than we do and far more money collectively.

People here are all excited thinking this is going to be some big win for us. I would disagree. The bigs will dominate like never before as more alumni means more potential money and interest.

It's a shame. Kids will be more concerned with their image than focusing on the game. This me first generation will have destroyed the college game in years to come.

OMG this sounds terrible! Can you imagine what would happen if this new NIL rule causes CFB to become a sport where the same 4 teams make the playoffs every single year? CFB will be ruined!

Ahmmon is in a really good position to capitalize early right now , love to see it especially since he can’t play

Attachments

• E2FAC710-FE2B-40A7-96E5-62AA0BB3DD33.jpeg
    E2FAC710-FE2B-40A7-96E5-62AA0BB3DD33.jpeg
    547 KB · Views: 41
Advertisement
the point is the $20k doesn't even get us on par with bag schools. Bag schools are already outspending that in spades. Granted, it's mostly on recruits but you get the idea. They have millions at their disposal. $20k is a drip in the bucket to them. Give them time, they'll catch up and lap us eventually.
Yea I hear what you saying I don’t agree with anyone saying this makes things even but this can only be good for Miami...others made some good points as well for ex legal vs illegal money and building their own brand etc

Advertisement
Plus where are you going to get more exposure to the market? Tuscaloosa, Athens, Gainesville, Trailerhassee or MIAMI.
Somehow our players have to take advantage of Miami's Northeast connection/student pop.
There's a few bucks around here.

Advertisement
Glad for the guys to get their hard earned scratch.
Question:
1. If a player is signed up and gets injured or benched, and if he becomes a jag would he still get paid for nonperformance?.
2. When a player transfers or goes to another school, does all the promo contracts and deals become null and void, or can sponsors use the
image of the player who is not at the designated school at the contract initial date for their own publicity.
3. Can a player be sued for non performance and not conforming with the terms of the deal... e.g If a signing or booking conflicts with practice
or say a Team Charity event, is the NIL player a no show without consequences to the Sponsor or School?...
The fine print is the key, and I have not read or seen the details. Are they out there in the NCAA ruling?..

I love the K1NG is out front leading this! UM should be pushing this as much as possible. Could you have a better spokesman than D'Eriq King. Even if you disagree with where CFB is now headed, you can't be mad at such a hard working kid finally getting some REAL RECOGNITION ($).

Recruits are going to be watching our players flashing legal money in SoBe and wonder if they really want to live in some small town for 3-4 yrs (bag or not).

Just a wild guess here, but I think he will make more than that in the next couple of days on merch sales alone.

I hope so. Don't get me wrong, prior to this, we couldn't do any of it and we have a head start (not to mention state income tax). It's certainly a start but I'm curious how far this will go. I'd say merch sales would be a lot more lucrative at a bag school but Miami can put its own flavor on things given our distinct (more urban) merch.

Advertisement
Back