King Rumor

The sad part is Vinnie, Manny and the rest rushed this kid back from a torn acl and played on his emotions & knowing his personality. We rushed him back and threw him into the fire solely because we knew he gives us the best chance to win and be relevant. Once he got injured against bama we just doubled down on that simply for Manny's job security. It's sad how we did this kid and quite possibly screwed his future. If I was him I wouldn't come near the field here anymore regardless of the outcome because he obviously can't trust anyone on this staff. This is why I said during msu game I just lost any shred of respect for this clown *** coach and his staph.
You shared this exact sentiment with me...

Advertisement
The sad part is Vinnie, Manny and the rest rushed this kid back from a torn acl and played on his emotions & knowing his personality. We rushed him back and threw him into the fire solely because we knew he gives us the best chance to win and be relevant. Once he got injured against bama we just doubled down on that simply for Manny's job security. It's sad how we did this kid and quite possibly screwed his future. If I was him I wouldn't come near the field here anymore regardless of the outcome because he obviously can't trust anyone on this staff. This is why I said during msu game I just lost any shred of respect for this clown *** coach and his staph.

What are the general thoughts on Vinnie? I know I've got some opinions on him but as someone around the program, what's the feeling about him?

Advertisement
What are the general thoughts on Vinnie? I know I've got some opinions on him but as someone around the program, what's the feeling about him?
Well his roles have changed. Before he was hands on to where he did everything. Now he has oversight on most athletic programs. Which to me is a lil crazy. I like Vinnie. Very good dude. Very likeable. But to give him this much authority over kids health and to be as senile and outdated as he is, well that's just crazy to me. Vinnie should be some kind of hands OFF liaison for health and athletics at this point if you really wanna reward him for how long he's been around. Otherwise like most of the relics still hanging on in the program it's all passed him by and he should be replaced... We should start a caravan of individuals that need to be replaced inside the program. Have them go from campus to the o.b. and be buried at marlins stadium(unofficially of course) just make sure it starts with Blake James, throw Vinnie in there and make **** sure Joe zagacki & his minions have seats reserved as well. Two seats for that lil fat fvck the beast. We just need a purge.

Shît crazy how y’all have turned on king
For me its not turning on him, but it’s clear he’s not the same dynamic guy he was. He is hurt and shouldn’t be on the field. Idk what his goals are for the future but right now he isn’t doing himself any favors. Also, he’s not capable of being his best self for the team. Who knows maybe a 70% King is better than all the other QBs. We will find out soon.

Well his roles have changed. Before he was hands on to where he did everything. Now he has oversight on most athletic programs. Which to me is a lil crazy. I like Vinnie. Very good dude. Very likeable. But to give him this much authority over kids health and to be as senile and outdated as he is, well that's just crazy to me. Vinnie should be some kind of hands OFF liaison for health and athletics at this point if you really wanna reward him for how long he's been around. Otherwise like most of the relics still hanging on in the program it's all passed him by and he should be replaced... We should start a caravan of individuals that need to be replaced inside the program. Have them go from campus to the o.b. and be buried at marlins stadium(unofficially of course) just make sure it starts with Blake James, throw Vinnie in there and make **** sure Joe zagacki & his minions have seats reserved as well. Two seats for that lil fat fvck the beast. We just need a purge.
lmao at the caravan. Yeah I know him from his Chaminade days. I'm surprised this many years later he's got that much responsibility/sway at a major college program.

Advertisement
Whenever kids ask me my opinion on Miami I tell then straight up this is one of the most toxic places you can go fan base wise, a young man that coulda went to LSU or somewhere and played comes to help our pathetic program out and the second he underperforms it’s slander.. he stabilized this **** show and MANNY tore it down. Y’all have no idea how many houston kids read the **** y’all say about Flagg, king blah blah.. and Ima keep it real with em everytime y’all are sick dawg
Its been disgusting reading posts about King in the gameday threads especially since it was obvious he has been hurt since bama when he was short hopping throws..

For me its not turning on him, but it’s clear he’s not the same dynamic guy he was. He is hurt and shouldn’t be on the field. Idk what his goals are for the future but right now he isn’t doing himself any favors. Also, he’s not capable of being his best self for the team. Who knows maybe a 70% King is better than all the other QBs. We will find out soon.
Dudes been up here saying the guy trash, calling him rosier and all. This fan base does it all the time. They turned on duke. Turned on kaaya because he wasn’t elite. The shît just ridiculous. No the guy isn’t a elite pocket passer but the guy is a very good player. Without him that 8-3 season last year would’ve been probably 5 wins

Everybody loves how Garcia looked in the spring game, but that was without contact. A lot of those plays would have been sacks or worse. There's no denying he could be special, but rushing a QB into action has ruined more than one potentially good quarterback.

CCSU should provide a good opportunity for both to see action and maybe give a clearer picture on who's going to be the guy going forward.
Wrong. I keep hearing this and it's not correct. A couple of his drop backs could have resulted in sacks. The rest of the plays he got out with plenty of time.

They don’t make them soft in south Houston Texas..
"Your spirits leave your body, and your mind clears,
the rigor mortis starts to set, now you outta here,
you start your journey into outer space,
you see yourself in the light, but you still fell out of place"

Last edited:
Advertisement
He was hurting the team and himself. The playbook was chopped in half because he couldn’t push it down field. There’s a reason we were running majority short , intermediate throws. The question is do people think he’d still be in the game if manny wasn’t on the hot seat?

When you feel like you have a program on your back , coaches jobs on the line and being very competitive you need someone to step in. I’m not sure if you ever played but most football players will play unless they can’t walk. I‘m not saying any more but the whole thing was handled badly.
Small stuff but I played 2 qtrs with a dislocated elbow. I avoided every coach and trainer so I could stay in. Football players dont want to come out.

Advertisement
Wouldn’t be so sure. Greg ward his teammate is in the nfl and they’re comparable
I made this comparison.
And Greg right now is beloved by my hometown and hometown team. I think King can be just as good or maybe even better than Ward if he were to go to the league, but that's my opinion

Be careful for what u wish for; u think the OL was trash before, just wait til u see it w/ green freshmen w/o the leg skills of King.

For all that were trying to compare the Dorsey/Kelly situation to TVD-Garcia/King situation, it’s not. Remember, our OL recruiting & development was elite. It was unusual to see Dorsey even get touched. Plus, he was surrounded by future NFL Pro bowl RBs & all pro TE. It’s literally apples & bananas.

Furthermore, if this chit fails epically, built in excuse for Diaz to give it another shot.

Harris Harley and Mallory aren’t All Pros?

“I still got to wonder why, I never seen a man cry til I seen a man die”
I posted that line first then edited to what’s now lol.

I had to post it cause I was just watching Scareface talk about South Park yesterday and when I came across your post and name I was like
44EB80C6-9115-41EB-A921-197DB32F8841.gif

Advertisement
Back