King released by the Pats

I love the kid but he's not gonna play in the league. Hope he proves me wrong. But how many 5'8 guys with a bum knee and average arm running a 4.7 do?

Did they try him out at qB or WR? Thought it was WR. I’m sure they thought he could have been another Edelman (who also played QB in college) but had nowhere near the quickness they hoped he’d have so they cut him

Advertisement
Fortunately if the NFL doesn’t work out, there’s USFL & CFL as options, which has been touched upon. However, I think he’ll make his bucks in coaching. I mentioned his age, w/ injury history + lack of height would be a tough sell for a team.

Still, I wish him nothing but the best. Great ambassador for the program.

Did they try him out at qB or WR? Thought it was WR. I’m sure they thought he could have been another Edelman (who also played QB in college) but had nowhere near the quickness they hoped he’d have so they cut him
Yea that..I don't think he had NFL speed before the injury..

Advertisement
Advertisement
What did taking $20k have to do with King’s ability to play at the next level?

The dude was hurt and never should’ve played against Bama. ****, the dude should’ve probably sat out a month or two. And with that, not sure he would’ve been healthy at all. All that said, he was never going to make the NFL as a QB. Maybe he will consider punt return, special teams.. Only shot. And that’s a long one but hey, follow dreams!!

Nahhhh, He would've sat out the season because TVD would've had the starting job sewn up.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Fellas, check out this link that shows all of the NFL QB depth charts in one, nice view.

In a nutshell, I would take King at 3rd string QB for roughly 50% of the teams. I mean, Anthony Brown is the 3rd QB for the Ravens...

Maybe I'm biased? lol.

Nice kid smart with great leadership traits. That does you well in college but won’t really do much for you at the nfl level. They will keep finding reasons to give another chance to a speed rushing domestic abuser or a 4.3 40 guy with multiple DWIs. But nice guys only stick if they can produce.
Years ago I went on a job interview and interviewed with a old high school friend at the time the general manager of the company.I wanted to check my worth.

I figured I’d have a good shot at an offer, we met shook hands went to conference room talked for a while of old times.

Then he said to you’ve been in this business a long time same as me we’ve competed for years against each other.

“ what do you bring me that I don’t already have”

I can hire you but you’ll lose all you customers you’ve made over the years and your commission will suffer rebuilding it again.

I never forgot that 27 years later as I close in on retirement that stumped me since we both had the same customer base.

I told him NOTHING we laughed, he said stay where you are you a formidable competitor and your getting paid well and you’ll end up with a good retirement portfolio.

Well , he was right !

See King is supposed to do something else and just doesn’t know it yet.

With a lot of Prayers and good friends like I had in that interview it helped me know I’m good right we’re I am.

Sometimes the best Prayers are unanswered one’s.

GOCANES

Advertisement
Back