King on the fence about coming back

what Blades does? why I cant see him getting drafted. Leave early to try and make a practice squad?
Since when does logic matter ? These kids come in with three years and done in their head. . Some just don’t care if they aren’t good enough. That’s why I say I’m intrigued , which one will he be?

Advertisement
Someone has to sit him down and tell him if he really wants to play in the NFL the best thing for him to do is come back.
There really is no argument against that premise.
There really are arguments against that premise. He isn't getting much better here versus he is 23 and needs to get to NFL already before the age is but another thing they hold against him. If he isn't good enough, then he needs to see about getting in best shape possible to get to another position. But for selfish reasons, i hope he does stay and we run it back cause he is our best shot at duplicating this season......otherwise buckle up cause its gonna be ugly.

Someone convince him he'll be going to the Jets if he drafts. That'll do it.

Advertisement
Someone has to sit him down and tell him if he really wants to play in the NFL the best thing for him to do is come back.
There really is no argument against that premise.
Is he going to grow another 2-4 inches? I hope he comes back but at the end of the day his current limitations will be his limitations next year as well.

Advertisement
Him coming back and for year 2 with Lashlee will do incredible things for both of them and will make him one of the Heisman favorites.
He’ll be 25 by the time he hits the NFL. I think us as fans are looking out for our best interest & not seeing how him coming back might actually hinder his draft stock. I think he should come back IF his plan is to play QB in the NFL, but if his goal is to make the NFL as an athlete, based upon his age he should leave. As I posted, the NFL frowns upon older guys drafted, especially if the ceiling has been met.

I’d love for him to come back but seems like wishful thinking. He isn’t going to get any taller and he’s no Kyler Murray arm or leg talent. If his dream is to fight to make an NFL roster and somebody is going to give him a shot to do that, he should go. I don’t see what would be different next year, even with great numbers. He’s had great numbers here and at Houston.

Advertisement
He’ll be 25 by the time he hits the NFL. I think us as fans are looking out for our best interest & not seeing how him coming back might actually hinder his draft stock. I think he should come back IF his plan is to play QB in the NFL, but if his goal is to make the NFL as an athlete, based upon his age he should leave. As I posted, the NFL frowns upon older guys drafted, especially if the ceiling has been met.
Chris Weinke was almost 30 when he got drafted and had a pretty long career. That said, fúck Forfeit State.

Advertisement
Chris Weinke was almost 30 when he got drafted and had a pretty long career. That said, fúck Forfeit State.
Trust when I say he was the one exception that came to my mind. And he absolutely sucked in The NFL. Lol. In Fairness; totally different NFL. Just like the NBA, the NFL has become more & more enamored w/ 3 & done guys. Just b/c it takes a couple of yrs for most rookies to adjust to the speed of the game, unless they go to an ideal situation (see E Elliot). Plus, Weinke won every possible QB award, along w The Heisman that year, if not mistaken. Couple that w/ being a prototypical height, & the 6 yr old franchise, Carolina Panthers, took a chance on him in the 4th round.

If anything, Weinke showed y u don’t draft an older player. Lol

Trust when I say he was the one exception that came to my mind. And he absolutely sucked in The NFL. Lol. In Fairness; totally different NFL. Just like the NBA, the NFL has become more & more enamored w/ 3 & done guys. Just b/c it takes a couple of yrs for most rookies to adjust to the speed of the game, unless they go to an ideal situation (see E Elliot). Plus, Weinke won every possible QB award, along w The Heisman that year, if not mistaken. Couple that w/ being a prototypical height, & the 6 yr old franchise, Carolina Panthers, took a chance on him in the 4th round.

If anything, Weinke showed y u don’t draft an older player. Lol
If King comes back with these weapons at the skill positions and an upgraded defense (talent-wise, not schematically), I do not see him NOT tearing up the ACC next year.

There was already Heisman press clippings out there for him until Clemson. Keep in mind the vaccine is around the corner from rollout. He’d have an entire spring ball under his belt this time giving him and his receivers invaluable reps they were cheated out of due to COVID. First game vs. Bama aside, we can run the table and he’d no doubt improve his stock. He’s likely to vault to the front of the Heisman pack if he were to come back.....if.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back