king done

Believe me I get it. I had no idea what he was - good or bad - but definitely didn’t think he’d be like this. I just like getting in on @Go Canes!! action here sometimes. Lol

I’m sure when we signed him I wanted a dual threat. @Zbrod95 was actually the one telling me before all this that TVD was the type of QB who would excel in Lashlee’s system - similar to Shane Buechele.
Was it all TVD? Something Lashlee did? Combination? Truly remarkable.

Advertisement
he wanted to come back. He was healthy. Football injuries happen. this wasn’t Tannehill injuring his knee in a non contact injury during practice. He brought us a great year last year and some leadership. get healthy and good luck.
He was mishandled multiple times. He was hurt in bama and hurt the shoulder badly early against Msu yet they kept rolling him out both times. It was obvious he was hurt. His family won’t come out and bash the staff, that’s just not their style, it also wouldn’t help things if he wants to be a coach down the road. There’s multiple people on this board who will agree with how the injury thing was handled. **** I could could give more examples from the Msu game with other players , the staff knew how important that game was for their coaching life. I’ll just leave it at that.

Theres a reason I turned on the staff so fast. it wasn’t just being horrible on field coaches.

Last edited:
Echo’s my thoughts.

But still, it rings a little like setting the guy up for failure/reinjury when you put him out there behind a turnstile OL. If there were ever a need for us to use the portal…

I hear you, but there were multiple CFB guys saying all off-season that Miami had the most experienced offensive line returning in the history of the sport. Literally. With the Covid kids, there was a lot of this, but the bottom line was that in the history of tracking such things, Miami was returning more kids with more starts than any school, any year, ever. The kids at Alabama just happen to be a lot better, and Scaife got whipped on that play.

He was mishandled multiple times. He was hurt in bama and hurt the shoulder badly early against Msu yet they kept rolling him out both times. It was obvious he was hurt. His family won’t come out and bash the staff, that’s just not their style, it also wouldn’t help things if he wants to be a coach down the road. There’s multiple people on this board who will agree with how the injury thing was handled. **** I could could give more examples from the Msu game with other players , the staff knew how important that game was for their coaching life. I’ll just leave it at that.

Theres a reason I turned so fast on the staff, it wasn’t just being horrible on field coaches.
I was referring to he Bama injury. not after that. after that once they knew he got injured, that's on the staff.

Advertisement

Theres a reason I turned on the staff so fast. it wasn’t just being

Theres a reason I turned on the staff so fast. it wasn’t just being horrible on field coaches.
So are you saying that King didn't want to go back out there, but the medical staff cleared him and the coaching staff forced him to go back in?

In other news, I really wish King the best.
**** shame, but he's a smart man and doesn't have an ounce of quit in his body, he will make it somewhere in the league, because he has that mindset.
Not an ounce of quit in his body? So when he quit on his team 4 games into the season at Houston that was someone else's body?

And that’s why you shouldn’t respond to posts right after waking up at 2 am. My apologies fine sir.
all good. we may not always agree on things but I do agree with you here overall. I have no issues w him coming back for Bama. after he got hurt, diff story. either way, its done now and it also got TVD some really good reps going into next year. I just feel bad for king who is a class act and a true leader.

Advertisement
So are you saying that King didn't want to go back out there, but the medical staff cleared him and the coaching staff forced him to go back in?

from what I remember Cribby saying, it was the staff needed to protect him from himself or similar. they wanted to win so they didn't do that even tho he was hurt

Not an ounce of quit in his body? So when he quit on his team 4 games into the season at Houston that was someone else's body?
FB_IMG_1632651082925.jpg

King said the same last nite….. He was injured the first drive after the half and shouldn’t have continued playing.

Advertisement
King said the same last nite….. He was injured the first drive after the half and shouldn’t have continued playing.

so he was healthy when he was skipping balls in the dirt? just kidding guys haha. that game was never gonna be a win healthy or not esp w this staff.

Was it early on in MSU? In the article he says:

" At the time Michigan State, we were favored to win. Deep down inside I know if I didn’t separate my shoulder on the first drive of the third quarter the game is totally different....And then separated my shoulder first drive of the second half. Tried to play through that, I probably should have, you know, sat out, got healthy. But I tried to come back, fight through it, I think ended up making it worse.”"

Advertisement
I guess you've joined the CIS endless praising crew that always conveniently forgets he selfishly quit on his own team after 4 games for his own personal gain. That would be how he ended up here
His coach told him to sit out the rest of the year since Houston started 1-3 or something like that.

His coach told him to sit out the rest of the year since Houston started 1-3 or something like that.
Lol yeah okay. The same coach that didn't care that he left after the year. His teammates sucked, he knew he wouldn't have the year he anticipated, and he quit for the year. Ultimately leaving or being quietly ushered out but not returning to that team either way

Was it early on in MSU? In the article he says:

" At the time Michigan State, we were favored to win. Deep down inside I know if I didn’t separate my shoulder on the first drive of the third quarter the game is totally different....And then separated my shoulder first drive of the second half. Tried to play through that, I probably should have, you know, sat out, got healthy. But I tried to come back, fight through it, I think ended up making it worse.”"
Tbh I was told by somebody that people thought he hurt it late against ASU but didn’t say anything. He was running alot and took some head on shots multiple times. His running is what consistently moved the ball.

Maybe the separation is what finished it but he was erratic against ASU and the first half against Msu . I remember he wasn’t taking any deep shots against Msu, it was mostly short , intermediate routes. The one pass he tried to throw downfield at the end of the half hung really bad, it had no zip. Rambo was behind the defense and had to stop but it was packed off. McElroy makes a comment about it hanging. The only other throw he threw somewhat deep before that was 20-30 yards in the air. Which is unlike him or our offense .Theres deep shots.

I posted it happened against Msu because that was when he was in the sling after the game.

I will say that I got the heebee jeebees the whey Lashlee kept running King into the teef of the defense when yu culd sea King wernt rite and him coming off nee sergery and all. Ifin I was his parint I wuld halve had a reel problem with that.
Do you remember all the violent shots he took against ASU? I mean he was sprinting and took guys on , multiple times. I was cringing. Thats why some folks thought he was hurt, he’s never missed guys short and threw that erratic.

Advertisement
Back