King and QB recruiting

Obviously, I want him to stay as long as possible but if he continues to have a great season, coming back for another isn’t going to improve his draft stock. Unless the 2022 draft options are really weak.
This is why he stays IMO. He will be one of the top QB's in 2022 draft.

Advertisement
Huge mistake if we get Garcia

Don't understand why we would not recruit a true duel threat qb.

My guy, there is a dual threat:

1601043614414.png

And then there is a duel threat:

1601043652489.png

I couldn't help myself and I apologize in advance.... it's a weakness.

We know the ruling on player eligibility next year. We see King who is very very good. My question is do you all think King bolts or comes back and could that be why we seem to be trying to fill the recruiting class with other players? The QB board besides Garcia seems to be null. And maybe no one knows what King will do. But what an advantage for Diaz and Miami if King comes back and we can take another kid to help and we have big time QB play back to back years. It also looks fake to see great QB play.

Thanks guys. Just thinking about the possibilities here.
If he has joe burrow type szn and keep proving he can make any throw asked he might go. But I’d bet my money on him being back next year to keep proving he can play QB at the next level

Advertisement
King will measure shorter than Murray. One thing you failed to mention was that Murray is an elite athlete. King is not.

King might get drafted but he's a 6th-7th round type, imo. Let's see how he does this year but he's at best a 5th round pick.
They’ll be almost identical at the combine outside of 40 time. Murray is faster. D’eriq is going to kill the QB drills too

Huge mistake if we get Garcia

Don't understand why we would not recruit a true duel threat qb.
Its a sign of a confused staff. I remember Shannon saying something about a direction he wanted to head and then went out and recruited the exact opposite. Can't remember what it was exactly.

Advertisement
As long as Lashlee is here, I trust a better QB than Tate will want in.
It's still dicey. What happens if King leaves, he doesn't take one this class, and anyone Lashlee likes goes elsewhere (there most likely will not be many). All three happening is not a remote possibility. His choices become a schit sandwich or nothing.

I don't think he wants to paint himself into that corner.

Last edited:
It's still dicey. What happens if King leaves, he doesn't take one this class, and anyone Lashlee likes goes elsewhere (there most likely will not be many). All three happening is not a remote possibility. His choices become a schit sandwich or nothing.

I don't think he wants to paint himself into that corner.
You always, always take a QB in a class, even if it's a project with potential. I could be wrong, but I don't see Perry leaving if he doesn't win the job. He hasn't left yet. I think he likes it here. TVD isn't leaving. Matocha has potential. I think we are fine at the position as long as Lashlee is here. It's not like he had an amazing QB at SMU or UCONN, and his Os were still humming.

Now throw in the portal, and I think we have a good chance at having a capable QB next year. Not too worried, honestly.

Lol not that’s it matters man but I’ve been in dee Davis’s (North Shore QB) ear. He went crazy last night versus shadow creek. If Auburn’s comes out and flops a little we can apply pressure. He’s watched both Miami games so far. As far as Denver harris goes we’ve been in contact but UT and Ohio state lead the pack. I think we’ll make his top group however

Advertisement
You always, always take a QB in a class, even if it's a project with potential. I could be wrong, but I don't see Perry leaving if he doesn't win the job. He hasn't left yet. I think he likes it here. TVD isn't leaving. Matocha has potential. I think we are fine at the position as long as Lashlee is here. It's not like he had an amazing QB at SMU or UCONN, and his Os were still humming.

Now throw in the portal, and I think we have a good chance at having a capable QB next year. Not too worried, honestly.
Same here. We need CBs.

Lol not that’s it matters man but I’ve been in dee Davis’s (North Shore QB) ear. He went crazy last night versus shadow creek. If Auburn’s comes out and flops a little we can apply pressure. He’s watched both Miami games so far. As far as Denver harris goes we’ve been in contact but UT and Ohio state lead the pack. I think we’ll make his top group however
I watched that game on NFHS live stream last night. Dee Davis is more in King's mold than anyone else. Had a great game last night. Harris is a stud.
Wasn't that impressed with Drones, tbh.

Keep whispering in their ears....

Advertisement
Would be a dream come true if he came back. Imagine him, a 2nd year in Lashlees offense. With a Veteran O line (we probably dont lose anyone). Not going to hold my breath though. Hes already 23.

I'd be interested to see what happens with Tanner Mordecai out of Oklahoma. He got beat out by Rattler for the starting job this year (to be expected) and Oklahoma has the #1 overall QB in the class this year in Caleb Williams.

My guess is Mordecai transfers out next year once Caleb gets on campus. After seeing King's success (hopefully continues) in Lashlee's offense does Mordecai consider Miami as a destination?

Advertisement
Back