King and QB recruiting

Advertisement
Have we all given up on N'Kosi. Any chance good coaching and Kings mentorship cant turn him around?

I would love for it work out with Kosi that he could step in and take things over. After everything hes been through here he stuck it out and never jumped ship. Im just not sure he has the skill set to ever be anywhere close to what we need to be not even elite but just successful. I hope we blow the doors off some teams this year so he can get an opportunity to see if he has improved, but as of right now I'd lean towards no

I would love for it work out with Kosi that he could step in and take things over. After everything hes been through here he stuck it out and never jumped ship. Im just not sure he has the skill set to ever be anywhere close to what we need to be not even elite but just successful. I hope we blow the doors off some teams this year so he can get an opportunity to see if he has improved, but as of right now I'd lean towards no
It’s not just the skill set! You notice how every time King comes to the sideline and talks to Lashlee, TVD is right there watching or in the conversation. Where’s Perry? Nowhere to be seen. I think that TVD is motivated and Perry is not motivated enough. That will prove the difference ultimately.

Advertisement
Lamar Jackson has the measurements to be a QB or WR at 6'2".... King is 5'10"... I hate to say it but he is going to be hard pressed to play QB in the NFL unless he is a legit Heisman contender. It's not his QB play thats going to hinder him, its his size. He will have to light it up like Russell Wilson.
And he will be the next Russell Wilson 🙏🏿💯👐

I love King, but I don't know that he's the third-best NFL draft prospect at the QB position.

It's not just about performance. It's about the fact that every year, some guy(s) at 6'3" will create a drooling frenzy when walking into the combine.
But then they'll be busts lol. King will get his shot and go on and be great just like the old school QB's the U produced.. Lashlee will have king ready no doubt 👐💯💖

I’ve mentioned before i’ve seen TVD play last year in the prep title game against Avon Old Farms in CT. He absolutely is a leader. 110%. How he acted in that game with the coaches, players, leading the huddle, and making every big play and throw was beyond impressive. The game was close. So that’s just not shocking to see TVD as a sponge.

We just need to keep this going with good QB play and with Lawrence leaving felt King and Miami would be a bit threat next year! But in all, wanted to just discuss thoughts about moving forward. Appreciate you all

Advertisement
It’s not just the skill set! You notice how every time King comes to the sideline and talks to Lashlee, TVD is right there watching or in the conversation. Where’s Perry? Nowhere to be seen. I think that TVD is motivated and Perry is not motivated enough. That will prove the difference ultimately.
There was one maybe two times i seen perry over there with lashlee, king and matocha.

Advertisement
Agree, but Murray was the #1 overall pick. King can fall short of that and still do well.

If I’m a team like Arizona, I use one of my picks on King and use him as a slash player.

What do you make of our QB recruiting? Based on Lashlee’s pursuit of Jake Garcia, it doesn’t seem like he puts a premium on QB mobility/athleticism.

Advertisement
Obviously keeping King for another year would be awesome for us but there’s a good chance we see Clemson twice. If he balls out in those games it would really boost his stock. If he stays and leads us against Bama next year and balls out he could really move himself into the discussion for being a Day 1 or early Day 2 pick

If he has a good season, King will have two years (Houston and Miami) of film at QB. So if he wants to get drafted as a QB, he gets zero incremental benefit by staying as a QB.

If he wants to stay, it's because the scouts tell him he won't go high in the draft at QB, but a year at Miami as a WR could earn him a high draft pick. I have no idea how his hands are. But we could use a WR with his phonebooth skills assuming he can catch the ball.

Either way, the odds of him returning as a QB are 0% with a good season, IMHO. We still need to go out and find a replacement QB, or we're putting the fate of the team on TVD's development.

There's no chance he comes back and plays WR for us.
If he does gets moved it will happen at the NFL.

Hopefully he comes back. For the sake of the team and for the sake of Miami recruiting another QB like him instead of wasting time on a kid like Garcia. If Miami wants to have a duel threat QB and run the spread then recruit those kinda players then. Regardless, We will see what this new staff is all about when they display the ability to bring in elite QB.
Huge mistake if we get Garcia

Don't understand why we would not recruit a true duel threat qb.

King will measure shorter than Murray. One thing you failed to mention was that Murray is an elite athlete. King is not.

King might get drafted but he's a 6th-7th round type, imo. Let's see how he does this year but he's at best a 5th round pick.
disgusted coffee GIF

Advertisement
Back