King and QB recruiting

I'd be interested to see what happens with Tanner Mordecai out of Oklahoma. He got beat out by Rattler for the starting job this year (to be expected) and Oklahoma has the #1 overall QB in the class this year in Caleb Williams.

My guess is Mordecai transfers out next year once Caleb gets on campus. After seeing King's success (hopefully continues) in Lashlee's offense does Mordecai consider Miami as a destination?
Is he good?

Advertisement
King will measure shorter than Murray. One thing you failed to mention was that Murray is an elite athlete. King is not.

King might get drafted but he's a 6th-7th round type, imo. Let's see how he does this year but he's at best a 5th round pick.
I can’t say I agree with this take. King absolutely is an elite athlete and the proof is on tape. How many football players, let alone QB’s have caught, run, returned a kick and thrown for TD’s. ****, didn’t he do three of those in a single game?

The difference is that Murray is a better passer, borderline elite while King is just a good passer.

Is he good?
He's only played in spot duty so jury is still out but high probability he'll be a good-to-great college QB. He's dual threat as well. In Lashlee's offense....man....could be Heisman contender.

It likely won't be at Oklahoma so just a matter of whether he'll go back to Texas (A&M since Mond sucks? SMU after Buechele leaves for NFL?) or wants to venture out to other programs.

I'm sure a quality grad transfer will hit the portal, it happens every year. With Lashlee showing what he can do with King who was considered a average at best Passer he will attract some real quality QBs. I wouldn't close the book on King staying... It's still a possibility. Yes King looks like an amazing college QB but he still has area of improvement if he wants to be a NFL QB. I would imagine he's at best at mid 4th round pick right now. King could decide to get another year of work in with Lashlee with a Full off-season and try to get in the 1st round

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back