Kill Trolls Dead Thread

Advertisement
Advertisement
I reach down and pull this **** outView attachment 118971
****, that's beautiful. OK, I just got back from seeing a dozen of my old teammates on a Ranch/Preserve in Texas Hill country. Didn't get a lot of time to look, and there is flint everywhere; you can see where it was broken intentionally. Here's three things I picked up, the point may have been a mistake that broke off the tip and was just cast off. The other two fit in your hand very comfortably. Your thumb catches on both so as not to slide - the one looked to have had a point that broke off. You could skin a deer with both if you had to right now. Give me your opinion - I hope to get back out there some time, but have some Kansas farm boys who want me to come see them and hit their fields - one is near where a Cavalry engagement took place
3.jpg
5.jpg
5a.jpg
4.jpg

****, that's beautiful. OK, I just got back from seeing a dozen of my old teammates on a Ranch/Preserve in Texas Hill country. Didn't get a lot of time to look, and there is flint everywhere; you can see where it was broken intentionally. Here's three things I picked up, the point may have been a mistake that broke off the tip and was just cast off. The other two fit in your hand very comfortably. Your thumb catches on both so as not to slide - the one looked to have had a point that broke off. You could skin a deer with both if you had to right now. Give me your opinion - I hope to get back out there some time, but have some Kansas farm boys who want me to come see them and hit their fields - one is near where a Cavalry engagement took placeView attachment 120530View attachment 120531View attachment 120532View attachment 120533.
Left (boomerang look) Broken Corner Tang Knife...
Top - Preform or Hand Scraper
Bottom right...Broken Archaic Point

****, that's beautiful. OK, I just got back from seeing a dozen of my old teammates on a Ranch/Preserve in Texas Hill country. Didn't get a lot of time to look, and there is flint everywhere; you can see where it was broken intentionally. Here's three things I picked up, the point may have been a mistake that broke off the tip and was just cast off. The other two fit in your hand very comfortably. Your thumb catches on both so as not to slide - the one looked to have had a point that broke off. You could skin a deer with both if you had to right now. Give me your opinion - I hope to get back out there some time, but have some Kansas farm boys who want me to come see them and hit their fields - one is near where a Cavalry engagement took placeView attachment 120530View attachment 120531View attachment 120532View attachment 120533.
About 10yrs ago where Site Developers were enlarging a Natural Large Pond, I walked up on this (Lake Apopka)
IMG_0702.jpg

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
You guys, and looking through the posts and the pictures, having found so many of these artifacts, it makes me wonder what the native population of Florida was over the years. It seems like it’s high if you keep finding these things. Think about it, these things are coming up a lot - that means that there were a lot of arrows, doesn’t that mean that there were a lot of natives as well? Just thinking out loud

You guys, and looking through the posts and the pictures, having found so many of these artifacts, it makes me wonder what the native population of Florida was over the years. It seems like it’s high if you keep finding these things. Think about it, these things are coming up a lot - that means that there were a lot of arrows, doesn’t that mean that there were a lot of natives as well? Just thinking out loud

Let me take a crack at it, I've given it some thought. A serious guy like CanesinOrlando, for every one he finds he may have quite a few trips invested - and he's done it so long, he knows where/what to look for and where to dig - less wasted time them someone like me. So its not like picking up sea shells!

Plus, the indigenous tribes were here for thousands of years before the Anglos arrived - I did some research where I found the items above in Texas this week. Historians and archeologists claim they were making flint projectiles and tools for 13,000 years in that area. I've found fired, sand-paste pottery here in Charlotte Harbor that carbon dated 500-1,000 years Before Christ. That was pre-Calusa and Seminole.

Consider each individual needed quite a number of points (They were lost, broken and needed to be replaced), several spears, knives, and various other tools at all times. Then figure they needed that equipment over a lifetime and that's a considerable amount of stuff over the millennium.

I dated a farm girl in Kansas in college. She had me over to her parents for a Sunday dinner - they had a woven basket about two feet long and 18 inches wide - it was maybe four inches deep - it was filled with projectile points her dad plowed up. He told me he finally stopped picking them up a few years earlier. My mind was in another place (if you get my drift), but now I wish I would have hit those wheat fields after he plowed them.

Let me take a crack at it, I've given it some thought. A serious guy like CanesinOrlando, for every one he finds he may have quite a few trips invested - and he's done it so long, he knows where/what to look for and where to dig - less wasted time them someone like me. So its not like picking up sea shells!

Plus, the indigenous tribes were here for thousands of years before the Anglos arrived - I did some research where I found the items above in Texas this week. Historians and archeologists claim they were making flint projectiles and tools for 13,000 years in that area. I've found fired, sand-paste pottery here in Charlotte Harbor that carbon dated 500-1,000 years Before Christ. That was pre-Calusa and Seminole.

Consider each individual needed quite a number of points (They were lost, broken and needed to be replaced), several spears, knives, and various other tools at all times. Then figure they needed that equipment over a lifetime and that's a considerable amount of stuff over the millennium.

I dated a farm girl in Kansas in college. She had me over to her parents for a Sunday dinner - they had a woven basket about two feet long and 18 inches wide - it was maybe four inches deep - it was filled with projectile points her dad plowed up. He told me he finally stopped picking them up a few years earlier. My mind was in another place (if you get my drift), but now I wish I would have hit those wheat fields after he plowed them.
lol that last sentence... plowed the wheat fields he sowed anyway.

Advertisement
Back