Kill Trolls Dead Thread

Advertisement
You guys, and looking through the posts and the pictures, having found so many of these artifacts, it makes me wonder what the native population of Florida was over the years. It seems like it’s high if you keep finding these things. Think about it, these things are coming up a lot - that means that there were a lot of arrows, doesn’t that mean that there were a lot of natives as well? Just thinking out loud
There were Paleo Indians in Fl 13-14,000yrs ago...and quite possibly longer...Old school thought process had Paleo Indians coming into North America 10,000yrs ago through an Ice barrier from way up in Canada/Siberia as the only point of entry....Now its undenible that they inundated North America 14,000-15,000 yrs ago from several routes...The one mentioned above....from Pacific Rim, eventually hugging the coast....from Europe to the Chesapeake Bay area (via Ice drifts) and the most from South America to the Gulf coastal area...Keep in mind...14,000yrs ago we were in the midst of an Ice Age....Florida's shoreline at that time was 50-75miles further out into the Atlantic and Gulf....Would have been nothing in distance from South America to Fl...Louisiana...Texas...etc....When the Ice Age ended approx 10,000yrs ago...all the Waters in the World rose covering up alot of unbelievable and ancient sites....During the Ice Age (11,000-14,000yrs ago) Fl was Ice free......Open Plains...with Oak uplands and Cypress swamps...There were no rivers or lakes....just catchments of water (small springs) because the Limestone was so close to surface....once the Glaciers started melting around 10,000bp....rivers and lakes were formed in Fl....(Great Lakes were formed at this time)...Icebergs were as far South as Chicago....

There were Paleo Indians in Fl 13-14,000yrs ago...and quite possibly longer...Old school thought process had Paleo Indians coming into North America 10,000yrs ago through an Ice barrier from way up in Canada/Siberia as the only point of entry....Now its undenible that they inundated North America 14,000-15,000 yrs ago from several routes...The one mentioned above....from Pacific Rim, eventually hugging the coast....from Europe to the Chesapeake Bay area (via Ice drifts) and the most from South America to the Gulf coastal area...Keep in mind...14,000yrs ago we were in the midst of an Ice Age....Florida's shoreline at that time was 50-75miles further out into the Atlantic and Gulf....Would have been nothing in distance from South America to Fl...Louisiana...Texas...etc....When the Ice Age ended approx 10,000yrs ago...all the Waters in the World rose covering up alot of unbelievable and ancient sites....During the Ice Age (11,000-14,000yrs ago) Fl was Ice free......Open Plains...with Oak uplands and Cypress swamps...There were no rivers or lakes....just catchments of water (small springs) because the Limestone was so close to surface....once the Glaciers started melting around 10,000bp....rivers and lakes were formed in Fl....(Great Lakes were formed at this time)...Icebergs were as far South as Chicago....
I always thought the indigenous people came through Siberia into Alaska, Canada and then into the Americas. So while some originated from Siberia, Others originated in South America? I always figured they originated from the same place thousands of years ago and then moved. Interesting stuff.

Advertisement
The Largest Assemblage of Paleo Indian Artifacts in the US are Found in Florida..Alabama...and Georgia....South American Paleo Points more closely resemble Florida Paleo Points than Florida's counterparts out West...(Texas...New Mexico..etc...)

I always thought the indigenous people came through Siberia into Alaska, Canada and then into the Americas. So while some originated from Siberia, Others originated in South America? I always figured they originated from the same place thousands of years ago and then moved. Interesting stuff.
Nope...the oldest known Paleo sites in the U.S are largely found in the S.E....The Page Ladson site in the Aucilla River in Fl being as old as any.....

Don't get me wrong....Paleo man undoubtedly came through the landbridge you speak of...but it would have been far less treacherous coming from South America regions...at that time, a mere 50+ miles...with no ice cold conditions too boot...
Same for Pacific Rim hitting the coast of Cali...and hugging the shoreline South and North....North America was inundated from several different areas some 14,000 to 15,000 yrs ago.....And I personally feel even older.....

Advertisement
This is a Florida Clovis Point....about 12,000yrs old...Found in the Santa Fe River basin in 2003....The Flute chamber is highly visable...Clovis Points are America's 1st Weapons....
1492433012(1).jpg

Interesting stuff. You should change your avi to the NatGeo logo.

Apparently we had a new one named @Caneindahouse. Does anyone know what he got clipped for?

Advertisement
Advertisement
@Andrew , nice ads I’m getting. Can we make this the official ad/sponsor for the #KTDT?

View attachment 122423

:monkey-serious:

In all fairness, you did ask about this subject in that one thread.

I'm impressed, these targeted ads are REALLY getting specific and accurate...

I just got one trying to sell me a pill that you take if your ***** is too large...

In all fairness, you did ask about this subject in that one thread.

I'm impressed, these targeted ads are REALLY getting specific and accurate...

I just got one trying to sell me a pill that you take if your ***** is too large...
That was weeks ago

Advertisement
Back