kids wanting to leave Miami

I think it’s a combination of things stated and how long we’ve been irrelevant in the grand scheme. I watched Miami clobber teams when I was a kid. I saw all the wide right/left kicks. I pretended to be Santana Moss in my yard. These kids don’t have that to the same extent as the older guys.

Advertisement
I have lived in Miami 60 years.

I have never had a gun, knife or spoon pulled on me nor anyone I know.

Of course, I can read the newspapers and crime stats, but it clearly is no place that I nor my others (we range from below to barely above middle class) we have been--- much of it in Little Havana.

I'm in no way calling you out nor doubting your story (I'm sincere), but can you tell me where you lived, and if you were the target for any reason? Same for the work you both did, and if that made either of you a target?

I'm just trying to reconcile 60 years of experience with thousands of people I know (hundreds very well from this area), and your experiences as stated in your post.

Guys invent and exaggerate their own realities to align with the bias. I've heard it countless times. On a Dolphins site a guy in his 30s claimed that owning a gun had already saved his life 8 times.

I've seen descriptions of the USC campus and surrounding area here that don't threaten reality. Beyond comical. Once poster here actually bragged that he told his son not to attend USC due to how unsafe it was.

This country loves fear right now

Advertisement
Back