kids wanting to leave Miami

joseermonfils

Senior
This is hard for me to bring up but I was thinking about kids saying they want to leave home and see other places or whatever the excuse is, but I think this is a good discussion. I think there's a stain on this program and other schools are definitely using it to negative recruit. Its really sad but I think the murders of some canes are being painted as the Schools fault and other schools are using these killings as an "advantage"

I hope I'm wrong on this tho and hopefully the University is doing a good job showing how safe it really is

Advertisement
Yeah im sorry honestly I was having trouble writing this and bringing it up
No need to apologize bestie. We are all family here.
giphy.gif

Advertisement
This is hard for me to bring up but I was thinking about kids saying they want to leave home and see other places or whatever the excuse is, but I think this is a good discussion. I think there's a stain on this program and other schools are definitely using it to negative recruit. Its really sad but I think the murders of some canes are being painted as the Schools fault and other schools are using these killings as an "advantage"

I hope I'm wrong on this tho and hopefully the University is doing a good job showing how safe it really is
Maybe if Miami actually won something (coastal division) kids might want to stay. The stain is losing for 15 seasons.

Plenty of threads on this. Kids care about winning and some care about bags and a lot want both.
Bottom line is there is always an excuse.
Flowe said he didn’t want to be in a boring place like Clemson but chooses Eugene. Go figure.
same thing Hazelnuts said and ended up in OK.
The bag schools got there by spending and buying kids.
The weather angle is a little plaid out but so is the leaving for college experience excuse. Another good one is my personal favorite “leaving the bad environment” but then go get arrested at the school you chose.
We’ve made it easy for elite kids to leave. But any other school with the issues we’ve had the past 15 years wouldn’t be able to keep some of the kids we’ve had. And if we win and win consistently we will be back to being a big problem for everyone.
The U holds up.

I think it's a couple things

-We've sucked since 2005 save for 2017 & kids wanna win
-Our offense has been uninspiring for a while now & kids don't wanna play in this ****
-Of course teams are dropping bags, but this is used way too often as a crutch for recruiting woes
-Our staff's recruiting strategy has been confusing to say the least

With all that being said, our recruiting could be WAY worse. We recruit pretty well save for some key spots (O-line, DB and receiver come to mind) The biggest problem has been offensive scheme & a culture of entitlement/"you da man bruh!!!!"

All we need to do is win & our ills will be cured.

Advertisement
It's happening everywhere, look at Georgia, Louisiana, California & Texas

Plenty of threads on this. Kids care about winning and some care about bags and a lot want both.
Bottom line is there is always an excuse.
Flowe said he didn’t want to be in a boring place like Clemson but chooses Eugene. Go figure.
same thing Hazelnuts said and ended up in OK.
The bag schools got there by spending and buying kids.
The weather angle is a little plaid out but so is the leaving for college experience excuse. Another good one is my personal favorite “leaving the bad environment” but then go get arrested at the school you chose.
We’ve made it easy for elite kids to leave. But any other school with the issues we’ve had the past 15 years wouldn’t be able to keep some of the kids we’ve had. And if we win and win consistently we will be back to being a big problem for everyone.
The U holds up.

love that one too.
it's right up there, with: "they showed me the most love" (TRANSLATION: "my momma and my uncle were holding out for the biggest bag)

Advertisement
Also since the 7 on 7 stuff....

Alot of these kids are seeing these different college towns "early on" and not like before when they were only seeing them when recruited as a sr. These 7 on 7 teams are being paid to bring these kids on campus...They get tos ee these hick towns at a "high point" that may be their first time out of south florida and creating a lasting memory. Its becoming aau like. Literally..didnt think it until moved up to high school coaching this year and during practice heard kids speaking on their 7 on 7 teams and how good their 7 on 7 teams are blah, blah, blah...kids that rode the bench for us.

The one thing good ont he flip side is we got a few from out of state to visit as well in the last 2 cycles. In my opinion we should be proactve with that and actualy invite teams from areas we should create footholds in to those 7 on 7 events ....for example:

There should be a New Orleans team, NJ team, NYC since we are creating, Houston's best, and maybe a cali team or Tidewater area team being given looks by Adidas or us to come down.

Advertisement
Get a real coach in here, another Jimmy Johnson for example, and this won't even be an issue. Miami is a great city, especially for young people. That's not the real problem here. The real problem is the incompetent coaches we've been hiring, and an administration that doesn't put a premium on winning. We could have had Dan Mullen, or some other up-and-comer, in here years ago. Our university's leadership said "no thanks" and chose to lose instead. So of course kids don't want to be a part of that. They're not stupid. They can see the results on the field for themselves.

I think it's a couple things

-We've sucked since 2005 save for 2017 & kids wanna win
-Our offense has been uninspiring for a while now & kids don't wanna play in this ****
-Of course teams are dropping bags, but this is used way too often as a crutch for recruiting woes
-Our staff's recruiting strategy has been confusing to say the least

With all that being said, our recruiting could be WAY worse. We recruit pretty well save for some key spots (O-line, DB and receiver come to mind) The biggest problem has been offensive scheme & a culture of entitlement/"you da man bruh!!!!"

All we need to do is win & our ills will be cured.

this^^ USC is 60th in recruiting this year

under different circumstances, I chose to leave south florida (florida as a whole) because I was given the green light (by my parents) and I knew I would eventually come back. The key though, is that I went somewhere that offered me something home couldn't. The place did not make much sense in many ways, I ended up in Baltimore.

I dont think its necessarily a loyalty issue, a lot of it is accessibility and lure. Now more than ever you have a possibility to go somewhere completely different for free. Your family can visit you anywhere in the country as long as they figure out the financials. We have not been able to prove or sell that we do indeed offer something out of the ordinary that would warrant the best kids to stay.

Also since the 7 on 7 stuff....

Alot of these kids are seeing these different college towns "early on" and not like before when they were only seeing them when recruited as a sr. These 7 on 7 teams are being paid to bring these kids on campus...They get tos ee these hick towns at a "high point" that may be their first time out of south florida and creating a lasting memory. Its becoming aau like. Literally..didnt think it until moved up to high school coaching this year and during practice heard kids speaking on their 7 on 7 teams and how good their 7 on 7 teams are blah, blah, blah...kids that rode the bench for us.

The one thing good ont he flip side is we got a few from out of state to visit as well in the last 2 cycles. In my opinion we should be proactve with that and actualy invite teams from areas we should create footholds in to those 7 on 7 events ....for example:

There should be a New Orleans team, NJ team, NYC since we are creating, Houston's best, and maybe a cali team or Tidewater area team being given looks by Adidas or us to come down.

7v7 is good exposure but some of those kids don't shine with pads on like you stated. My son is 13 and plays on a team that travels. I like the reps and talent I see, but I always keep that in the back of my head. Like how many of these kids can tackle or break a tackle...lol

Advertisement
Back