Khairi Clark

I dont post much. Not into gossip or hear say. My prepschool football coach knows al golden before his temple days and sent many players to him at temple. My roomate from prepschool is from the s florida area. From what I understand Clark lead the staff to believe he was a cane and basically assured them of his eventual committment. But they eventually found out he had been a silent commit to florida for at least 4months. Will muschamp sells 3 main points scheme versatility, nfl exposure, and sec competition. His scheme allows dt's to show versatility and line up at end drop in coverage multiple dts on the field. Then you look at sharieef floyyd and other dlineman. The idea of playing in the SEC beating Alabama etc... And of course muschamp sells the ncaa cloud over miami worse than anyone else. As far as Moten goes he has been wavering between florida and the U for a while. Maybe after the season many feel he will flip.

Advertisement
I am not too mad but I will admit he was on my list of must gets. Seems like the staff saw the writing on the wall by offering CJenkins. To me they are around the same type of DT. 6'1-6'2 315ish. Clark was a beast as a soph but a huge disappointment as a junior so if you ask me he and Jenkins are starting at the same point this year. Not saying Jenkins is his equal but lets not make it seem like this is the equilvalent of us somehow losing KC and replacing him with Harry Dumerviil. (One of Paranos's favs. Lol. Shout out to my dog Paranos. Buddy went from nuthin to sumthin on this board within one month.)

I am not too mad but I will admit he was on my list of must gets. Seems like the staff saw the writing on the wall by offering CJenkins. To me they are around the same type of DT. 6'1-6'2 315ish. Clark was a beast as a soph but a huge disappointment as a junior so if you ask me he and Jenkins are starting at the same point this year. Not saying Jenkins is his equal but lets not make it seem like this is the equilvalent of us somehow losing KC and replacing him with Harry Dumerviil. (One of Paranos's favs. Lol. Shout out to my dog Paranos. Buddy went from nuthin to sumthin on this board within one month.)

If you added Harry's GPA into bond's he still wouldn't have the grades to get into Miami. They're that bad.

i really wish someone close to clark or his family would chime in on what exactly happened with him... all signs were that he was a canes fan. His parents are.. he's been going to games for years.... I had to think he was the #1 DT on our list... How does UF come in and take with ease it seems???

the "scheme" and "have you seen us the last 2years" excuses just seem lame... these are 4-5star kids that should be confident enough to say "when i get there, things will change" or "they currently dont have a DT as good as I am, so I'll change things".... we always say they arent scared of competition, but why do they seem scared to turn an average team into a winning team?? a LOCAL HOME TEAM at that......

You hit the nail on the head and people are not really diagnosing the problem correctly. I created a thread a while back talking about this. The problem to me is that SOME of these kids DO NOT WANT THE PRESSURE OF BEING COUNTED ON AS SOON AS THEY COME IN. IT IS AS SIMPLE AS THAT. They would rather sit behind some upperclassmen and ease their way onto the field as opposed to having that pressure to be counted on from day one.

Advertisement
I have been out of pocket moving into a new house, but WTF!!! Clark to UF? How in the **** did that happen. I thought for sure we would land this talented local guy at an extreme position of need! What did I miss?

I dont post much. Not into gossip or hear say. My prepschool football coach knows al golden before his temple days and sent many players to him at temple. My roomate from prepschool is from the s florida area. From what I understand Clark lead the staff to believe he was a cane and basically assured them of his eventual committment. But they eventually found out he had been a silent commit to florida for at least 4months. Will muschamp sells 3 main points scheme versatility, nfl exposure, and sec competition. His scheme allows dt's to show versatility and line up at end drop in coverage multiple dts on the field. Then you look at sharieef floyyd and other dlineman. The idea of playing in the SEC beating Alabama etc... And of course muschamp sells the ncaa cloud over miami worse than anyone else. As far as Moten goes he has been wavering between florida and the U for a while. Maybe after the season many feel he will flip.

There would be nothing sweeter than beating Florida next year. Not because of the potential impact on recruiting, but just because...**** Florida.

I have been out of pocket moving into a new house, but WTF!!! Clark to UF? How in the **** did that happen. I thought for sure we would land this talented local guy at an extreme position of need! What did I miss?

Everything it seems.

This makes sense as he committed in the middle of the big weekend we had a couple weeks ago. It seemed intentional

Advertisement

Well if this is the case so so be it. Golden had to deal with this same **** last year whn DK was a silent commit to both us and FSU and when AG found out he yanked that scholly with no problem!

This makes sense as he committed in the middle of the big weekend we had a couple weeks ago. It seemed intentional

I agree.

UF offers more than UM right now. We have location and playing time. They have everything else. SEC is playing by different rules than everyone else. And I'm not talking about street agents and cash.

Advertisement
There need to be more cats out there who share the same attitude as Duke, Bush and Howard. We all know Duke was 100% Cane, but the other two, when they committed, said THEY wanted to put Miami back on the map. I don't understand why these big boys up front don't want to do the same thing. Two of the top DB in the nation were willing to help rebuild the home team, but not 1 DT. BS

Please no more threads centered around this kid. He made his decision. He is not a Cane and clearly doesn't want to be. If a kid is going to believe that UF will give him more NFL exposure than the U. Then he wasn't Canes material anyways. Unfortunately at 17-18 these kids (as most of us did at that age) take things they are feed/told at face value and do not do the proper research. Muschump taking credit for Shariff Floyd's development :mmkay:....Golden has more 1st and 2nd round draftees at Temple than Muschump has at UF. Different strokes for different folks. Unless this kid decommits and the Canes are back in the hunt let's forget him.

There need to be more cats out there who share the same attitude as Duke, Bush and Howard. We all know Duke was 100% Cane, but the other two, when they committed, said THEY wanted to put Miami back on the map. I don't understand why these big boys up front don't want to do the same thing. Two of the top DB in the nation were willing to help rebuild the home team, but not 1 DT. BS

Yep and then they go to the Under Armor AA game and throw up the 305 hand signs like they rep Dade but then want to go anywhere but UM.

MT is a punk *****

Advertisement
UF offers more than UM right now. We have location and playing time. They have everything else. SEC is playing by different rules than everyone else. And I'm not talking about street agents and cash.

it's almost like you forgot tradition and education.

it's almost like you forgot tradition and education.

UF has 2 things right now that we don't Gameday atmosphere and The delusion and hype of the SEC created by ESPN.

Every year Rivals,Scout etc. Rank Golden as the better coach of the 2. And Golden has had more drafted players than Mushcamp. Everyone one recognizes that Golden has routinely done more with less while Muschamp has been given the keys to a ferrari and told not to crash.

Question: if not money bags of cash, then what other rules are the SEC playing by?
(not to imply Clark took money, I don't think he did. Some kids are front runners and there is nothing wrong with that. When we get back on top this year. Plenty of Front Runners will be jumping on the Canes Bandwagon that we'll gladly accept)

Last edited:
51.gif

23.jpg

I mean can you blame Clark? Like the poster said..Look at how well Muschamp developed Shariff Floyd! Turned buddy into a top 5 pick in the draft this year just like the draft pundits expected!! Oh wait...

Advertisement
Back