Keyshawn Smith

Sound like you are in completely in my thoughts. Since I saw his summer workout... I knew Smith was special. **** those rankings! That kid is so smooth, and much more aggressive.

Maybe but neither are Wiggins, Harley or Pope. He needs a shot before writing him off.

Advertisement
Listen to me, don't listen to me...an open letter to Lashlee:

QB King / Van Dyke / Perry

RB Harris / Chaney / Knighton

WR Pope / X / Few

WR Payton / Smith / Harley

WR Wiggins / Redding / Worsham

TE Mallory / Hodges / Mamarelli

LT Williams / Nelson

LG Campbell / Traore

C Gaynor / Reed

RG Clark / Rivers

RT Scaife / Wiliams

I'd rather see Few out there than Pope

Few > X > Pope

Harley speed didn't translate he's not explosive with that speed. If you can't create separation then your done...my only concern with harley (who I wanted baaaaaad) was his route running but I ignored it cause of the speed. But again he was outrunning HS kids which means absolutely ****....he wasn't explosive in and out his breaks....so who cares if your fast if u can't create that separation.

Harley isnt fast at all. 10.9 at Miami is trash unless you're a lb/te etc. If your gonna be a small guy you better be roscoe Parrish , Travis Benjamin, Kevin Williams, froggy Shipman, Tony gaiter fast. I'm talking mid 10's or better. Think Harleys best in the 100m was 10.7. I almost ran that in 9th grade. He has a little quickness but the fact of the matter is he just isn't that good. I never liked him from the jump. Him or Wiggins. Not sure what lashlees deal is but even if Harley did get matched up on a slow lb or s he'd just drop the ball.

As much as I harp on Wiggins ( mainly because I felt Tyquan throton was better) he's outperformed pope..allow me to remind you that pope wants to get carried away by owls when he get's older.

Harley isnt fast at all. 10.9 at Miami is trash unless you're a lb/te etc. If your gonna be a small guy you better be roscoe Parrish , Travis Benjamin, Kevin Williams, froggy Shipman, Tony gaiter fast. I'm talking mid 10's or better. Think Harleys best in the 100m was 10.7. I almost ran that in 9th grade. He has a little quickness but the fact of the matter is he just isn't that good. I never liked him from the jump. Him or Wiggins. Not sure what lashlees deal is but even if Harley did get matched up on a slow lb or s he'd just drop the ball.

As much as I harp on Wiggins ( mainly because I felt Tyquan throton was better) he's outperformed pope..allow me to remind you that pope wants to get carried away by owls when he get's older.
10.9 may not be track fast, but the last time the weight room put out numbers Harley was a tick slower than Jeff Thomas. And, I’d guess he’s at least as fast as Berrios was. That’s plenty fast enough.

He’d akward, can’t catch and has no feel for the game.

Advertisement
not as explosive as JT4 though, in that phone booth JT is shot out a cannon
But that has nothing to do with why Harley is underperforming.

Harley is tougher in blocking than he is on his routes. Why? Don’t know, but it still wouldn’t explain his drops and his hand flailing “flops” for the refs when he’s contested any. I have to wonder what he’s doing in practice and if the defense is contesting enough — because they all do. In fact, the best 50/50 attempt this year that I’ve seen … Mark Pope; and then he dropped the pass.

10.9 may not be track fast, but the last time the weight room put out numbers Harley was a tick slower than Jeff Thomas. And, I’d guess he’s at least as fast as Berrios was. That’s plenty fast enough.

He just isn't that good of a football player. Terrell Walden was faster and he didn't do anything here. I used those players as an example for a reason. I mean, his best attribute is suppose to be his speed and it isnt all that great.

He just isn't that good of a football player. Terrell Walden was faster and he didn't do anything here. I used those players as an example for a reason. I mean, his best attribute is suppose to be his speed and it isnt all that great.
Ok, I understand you now.

Call me silly but speed is never an attribute if it can’t be used for your overall objective. A fast anyone — on a football field — who can’t complete his assignments is of little value.

Advertisement
Rotate all the young guys in. There is not one wr who has established himself out of the normal starting group. I think the board is dead on. Some one will chime in soon about us not being at practice and not being able to get a proper assessment of the wr talent. Watching games...my eyes tell me our wr don't run good routes and are not natural catchers of the football. I also doubt they understand the scramble drill and are coming back to the football/making themselves available when king is evading pressure.

Advertisement
Payton(X,Z) Smith(X,Z) Redding(X,Z) even Wiggins (Z) stay out side,( but wiggins could work inside working seams posts corners or deep outs against a safety.) Pope i think needs to start inside and harley come in for him. At most pope could be a good Z, Worsham looks like a Z too. Streppo is a Y all day.

Pope is talented but he looks floppy when he moves. gotta concentrate, most talented of the older 3.

Harley is built like a (Y) to me but drops too many passes at times, has some above average long speed but doesn't have a lot of wiggle. Its like his physical skillset is built for outside but his build is slot and he has mental lapses. Tweener and hybrid sound the same but theyre different. Tweener

Young boys gotta grind and push through, either the old heads get better or replaced. Gitts gotta take the spot it wont be given.

Fast and quick are two totally different things. Remember Berrios had the fastest shuttle time in the country at the Nike opening camps. His long speed isn't anything special but his ability to accelerate in and out of breaks helps him get open. Very rarely do guys get to run an untouched forty and really stride it out. that is when Harley is his fastest and that doesn't translate well to tackle football

I'd take one of you CIS posters over Pope, Harley and Wiggins
denzel washington GIF

Advertisement
But wait,clearly none of the youngins look any good and don't perform in practice or game day. Cause if they did they'd be on the field now. No agendas here. Its not like the coaches deliberately don't play the best talent... 😉

ahem, cough, cough.....see about that, lol

I think part of the problem is that there isn't a #1 that can make the other guys more acceptable in their roles as complimentary players. Add a kid like Ahmmon Richards and with the added attention his way, the mid-level guys might look better.

Also, I was disappointed with Lashlee's game plan against Clemson. I'm not sure that longer-developing routes benefit these guys. Harley and Pope are both on the small side and not going to beat defenders in 1-on-1 battles. Neither will Wiggins (unless he blows the top off someone). So, let's get some crossing routes and shorter routes and see if they can turn some 3 yard passes into 8 yard plays. Pope has some quicks but he never seems to get the ball in space where he can make a guy miss. In general, that's been one disappointment for me with Lashlee is the lack of crossing routes, which seem to be a staple of good offenses I see now in CFB.

Advertisement
Back