Kevin Steele to Tennessee

lol I will step into the ring and take a shot... I agree once Fulmer was canned, Steele had no shot. Once the McBags story broke, he was gone. But if Fulmer stayed, and things were more hushed about the violations, I think he would have been given an opportunity.

Also, of course he was gonna get paid, never understood people claiming he was going to get peanuts unless he went the "analyst" route for a year to parlay into something he really wanted. but being on the field? no way. His contract however was for 450k for 2 years, that is in our price range for an assistant or DCord. or whatever position we were looking at him for. Just because his severance is that high does not mean that is what he was going to be making.

For the record I didn't want Steele at all, just bored on my lunch break and figured I would make counter-points.
Never had a chance of being HC because Tennessee fans and boosters wouldn’t have allowed Fulmer to hire him as HC. That’s why I knew the dummies who were claiming he was going there to be HC were fcking bozos. The main reason I knew he stood no chance is because even if Fulmer liked him the boosters never would have stood for him hiring that guy as HC.

It was a retarded theory from the beginning conjured up by dopey bloggers of lowly intellect.

Advertisement
Never had a chance of being HC because Tennessee fans and boosters wouldn’t have allowed Fulmer to hire him as HC. That’s why I knew the dummies who were claiming he was going there to be HC were fcking bozos. The main reason I knew he stood no chance is because even if Fulmer liked him the boosters never would have stood for him hiring that guy as HC.

It was a retarded theory from the beginning conjured up by dopey bloggers of lowly intellect.
Never underestimate how dumb Tennessee actually is. I guess the question then is why hire Steele at all? Rumor was Pruitt was ready to hire Simpson And some other coach then AD steps in and freezes all hires while they “investigate” then 2 weeks later Steele gets hired for 2 years with a 800k buyout? The boosters allowed that but not making him HC?

Genuine question not being a smart *** what is your theory on why that happened? If they knew they were canning Pruitt why try to saddle a new HC with Steele? Or make the boosters pay 800k? It was a dumb contract from the start that makes no sense.

Advertisement
Back