Kevin Steele to Tennessee

Steele will do nothing for that fanbase if he back doors into the job. It's a bad move

Advertisement
That program has been a ****show for years. They can't get any hire right AND want a one year turn around.

I’m pretty close with the Wittens that are still coaching HS football around here and they’ve said Jason has been talked to about participating in their search board since October. It’s pre-meditated but they just don’t want to pay the buyout lol

They’re gonna drag this investigation out to when nobody employed wants the job - or wants to leave their job for whatever they’re getting themselves into.

So what they’re now saying is when they’re done with the investigation.. all options lead to Pruitt fired. They’ll take a swing at HC candidates but if they whiff.. Steele will be the interim until they get a chance to do a search because it’s set to finish investigating at an awkward time for a search to begin.

He’s gonna weasel Pruitt out (if he isn’t gone already) and finesse Fulmer into that HC job.

Let their dumpster fire continue

this is what I heard on pods. we had been interested and in contact but he was eyeing the Tennessee HC job

Advertisement
I’m pretty close with the Wittens that are still coaching HS football around here and they’ve said Jason has been talked to about participating in their search board since October. It’s pre-meditated but they just don’t want to pay the buyout lol

They’re gonna drag this investigation out to when nobody employed wants the job - or wants to leave their job for whatever they’re getting themselves into.

So what they’re now saying is when they’re done with the investigation.. all options lead to Pruitt fired. They’ll take a swing at HC candidates but if they whiff.. Steele will be the interim until they get a chance to do a search because it’s set to finish investigating at an awkward time for a search to begin.

Are they forgetting the part about why Pruitt is being investigated and the potential for getting hit with heavy sanctions?

Are they forgetting the part about why Pruitt is being investigated and the potential for getting hit with heavy sanctions?
That’s another reason that Steele went I think. He would take the interim and lead them through the sanctions. I think that’s what they’re prepping for

Advertisement
That’s another reason that Steele went I think. He would take the interim and lead them through the sanctions. I think that’s what they’re prepping for

So Steele is going to fall on his sword for his alma mater? Chances of success are slim for Tennessee even when things are good, if Steele has massive scholarship reductions, Tennessee would be lucky to win 10 games over a 3 year span. Steele will almost certainly end up getting fired as Tennessee will try to get fans excited again with a higher profile hire, then Steele probably has to spend a year or two as an analyst on Saban's staff before he's able to get another DC job (because his snake reputation precedes him). Makes no sense, but more power to him if he loves his school that much.

So Steele is going to fall on his sword for his alma mater? Chances of success are slim for Tennessee even when things are good, if Steele has massive scholarship reductions, Tennessee would be lucky to win 10 games over a 3 year span. Steele will almost certainly end up getting fired as Tennessee will try to get fans excited again with a higher profile hire, then Steele probably has to spend a year or two as an analyst on Saban's staff before he's able to get another DC job (because his snake reputation precedes him). Makes no sense, but more power to him if he loves his school that much.
Very possible. I think he just wants to be a HC that bad that he would take the interim job to guide them through sanctions and potentially get the job on the backend when it’s in the clear.

It’s all strange. I heard someone say the Steele hire will all make sense sooner than later so theyll disclose what’s going on soon. They didn’t even say analyst that had previously been reported

Very possible. I think he just wants to be a HC that bad that he would take the interim job to guide them through sanctions and potentially get the job on the backend when it’s in the clear.

It’s all strange. I heard someone say the Steele hire will all make sense sooner than later so theyll disclose what’s going on soon. They didn’t even say analyst that had previously been reported

247 kept saying that he had his eye on the Tenn job. it makes sense considering everything. never fault a dude for getting the HC job esp at his alma mater. thats an upgrade over being an assistant coach elsewhere

Advertisement

wasn't clay Helton nd oregeron both interims that ended up getting the nod to stick around. its def a path

Steele's 3rd stint as a Vol coach after playing there. He's a Big Orange homer going back to the late 70's. Don't want him in Miami.

Advertisement
Steele is still being paid for the next 3 years by Auburn, Tenn could pay him a $1 and he would still be making a few million for the next three years.

OT Elizabethton has won back to back to back state titles.

OT Elizabethton has won back to baClemp to back stage titles.
They’re a powerhouse. Most well coached team in the state in their classification and maybe even any classification. Right there with Maryville IMO.

They’ve got a **** of a structure with Ryan Witten getting the middle school kids and Shawn in HS. Ryan could be a top notch HS head coach himself. They get taught well at 13 and get the continuity through 18.

Advertisement
Back