Kevin Steele to Tennessee

What I heard locally is “he thought he could run us like Bama.”

Pruitt tried to get a major guy in compliance fired. That’s what kicked off the Chancellor getting involved and ultimately Glazer investigating.

Also: there is no school in the history of college football who will get away with more than Nick Saban’s Alabama. Pruitt just tried to do what Saban does, he just 1) isn’t a sixth as competent and 2) isn’t inside the protected CFB city-state of Birmingham, Alabama.

At some point, you wonder if some ex coach like Pruitt doesn’t rat Saban out. If he gets to a point where he figures he has nothing to lose, it might be a possibility. But if he thinks he has a future in coaching, even an outside chance of being a coach in the future, then he won’t do it.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
LOL at the CISimps who were telling me we had no chance with Steele because he was in position to take over for Pruitt. I told you goofballs that was NEVER happening.

The contract geniuses on here also told me he wouldn’t take any money at his next job because Auburn owed him so much, and he wanted to keep that intact. LOL CISimps for the win again!

Advertisement
LOL at the CISimps who were telling me we had no chance with Steele because he was in position to take over for Pruitt. I told you goofballs that was NEVER happening.

The contract geniuses on here also told me he wouldn’t take any money at his next job because Auburn owed him so much, and he wanted to keep that intact. LOL CISimps for the win again!
Chise stay winning....I ain't fuqin with u on here. If we argue DMs only.

lol I will step into the ring and take a shot... I agree once Fulmer was canned, Steele had no shot. Once the McBags story broke, he was gone. But if Fulmer stayed, and things were more hushed about the violations, I think he would have been given an opportunity.

Also, of course he was gonna get paid, never understood people claiming he was going to get peanuts unless he went the "analyst" route for a year to parlay into something he really wanted. but being on the field? no way. His contract however was for 450k for 2 years, that is in our price range for an assistant or DCord. or whatever position we were looking at him for. Just because his severance is that high does not mean that is what he was going to be making.

For the record I didn't want Steele at all, just bored on my lunch break and figured I would make counter-points.

Advertisement
Back