Kevin Steele latest

I know its fun but why speculate too much when there are zero openings on the staff right now.

With that said, he would be an upgrade in every sense of the word.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Are you kidding me, this was going on DURING the season, you think it’s going to stop in the off-season?!?! Lol
I get it. It's fun to speculate to an extent but things get interesting and (to me) incredibly important when we know there is an opening.

For example, the Lashlee connection would give me hope if I knew there was an opportunity. For now, it's just a two-step prayer (need a firing and then contact)

How can everyone be so sure about manny not making a change? He’s not golden or richt. It’s his dream job and he’s young enough that if he gets canned soon, he’s finished

Advertisement
Steele’s 2020 salary was $2.5M as DC. Assuming he leaves Auburn he’ll be a top commodity and I’d wager stay in the SEC where his salary cut would be less. Miami wouldn’t pay half of Steele’s rate, let alone would Manny consider him even he fired Blake.

And by the way, Steele is the DC Dabo fired for giving up 70 to WVU in the OB.

Steele’s 2020 salary was $2.5M as DC. Assuming he leaves Auburn he’ll be a top commodity and I’d wager stay in the SEC where his salary cut would be less. Miami wouldn’t pay half of Steele’s rate, let alone would Manny consider him even he fired Blake.

According to cis that game doesn’t count

Advertisement

In other words, Miami's BOT doesn't care enough about football to pay staff competitive salaries.

Advertisement
No thank you to Steele. We can do better. He’s Better than Baker but that’s not really saying much.

In other words, Miami's BOT doesn't care enough about football to pay staff competitive salaries.
I have big issues with the BOT. He was one of, if not the, highest paid DCs in college football. They pay competitive salaries and that is a nonsense narrative. They pay Lashlee plenty. They paid Enos plenty. They paid Richt plenty. They pay Manny plenty for his experience. They just generally do a terrible job of picking the right people to pay. There are maybe 5 schools that would pay this much for a coordinator and there are plenty of coordinators that would be around $1-1.5m and successful here.

Advertisement
Back